{midweek randoms}

/
6 Comments
Happy Wednesday. It was so nice to get some rain last night after such a dry summer. I just hopes it makes it way to Waterton and they can control those fires. It's just too much heartache with all these fires and natural disasters going on around the world. It's all just too much to think about.

On to some midweek randoms to take our minds off of all that.

My work outfits.



*

I've been slowly adding/changing up our decor above the cupboards {Justin loves my need to constantly decorate and change things around - har har}. I have been eyeing one of these mountain pieces after meeting Matthew at a market but I couldn't decide on a color combo. Well he had a wicked sale this summer so I bit bullet and only changed my color choices with him a couple times - ha. I just love the simplicity of his pieces. 
Mini Me YYC - Use code Summer20 for 20% off and he does local pick up! 


The "hike more worry less" sign is from Mel's Metal Market - I also met her at a market and placed an order to pick up this piece and another ones I bought as a gift. 
I made the wine cork heart.

*
I've officially been back at work almost a month. I definitely find my work days busy and after the kids go to bed I miss them and wish I had more time with them. But with that said, there are a few things about my job that are just the best and I am thankful every day I am there to have such an awesome place to work.

1. Coffee Cart 
The high school students make coffee and go around to all the staff and serve them coffee every morning around 10am. Even if I don't often need another cup I always get one - because for 50 cents they are expected to chat with me while they prepare my coffee and I love those few minutes with them. Some of those students I have known since they were Delainey's age. I have so many memories with them as little kids. They've come such a long way from throwing chairs at me, having no language, struggling to transition from one room to the next, etc. You can expect me to bawl like a baby when they graduate this year, I am so freakin' proud of them. 
So yeah 50 cents a day and it's the highlight of my work days.

2. Soup Club. This year one of my co-workers started this, so every Tuesday someone brings in soup and buns/bread. There are 10 of us so we only need to make 6 batches of soup all year and we have lunch to enjoy every Tuesdays all year!
We don't have to cater to dietary needs but if anyone has any vegan, gluten free and dairy free crock pot soup recipes - hit me up, I would love to be able to make something everyone can eat.


3. Lunch time treats. My co-workers hubby is one of the co-orders of Blackbird Cold Brew and she brought in their brand new Nitro Cold Brew. It's just coffee, water and nitro. It's delicious and so smooth you'd think it had cream in it but it's obviously zero calories. 
It's so cool too, you shake the can before opening it and then pour it rigorously into the glass and it has a head on it like a Guinness would!


I have a baby shower I have been prepping for this weekend {I'm in charge of decor - my friends know me well!} and then it's all about Delainey's rainbow party. This is is front of the invites we just sent out {don't get me started on how Staples "same day service" turned into 4 days} but she is so excited about them. My super talented co-worker helped me create these invites with the watercolor rainbow Delainey painted. It's used on the front and back of the invites.


And that's a wrap!
xo

Related Posts

6 comments:

Bex said...

Ok that's SO cute that Delainey painted that picture for her invites. Love it. You guys are so creative.
I want to try that Nitro Cold Brew! I love their cold brew concentrate although I didn't pick any up this summer.
Also, that pineapple and floral dress are A1. I just want to raid your closet lol

Rachel Steck said...

A rainbow birthday - I love it!
xx

Leigh said...

Love all of your outfits and the new decorations! I really need to change ours up- one day haha. So glad the invitations finally came! Love how they turned out.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

LOVE her invites!! Rainbow themes are so much fun! We are having A's party at her dance studio which means no theme and decor really - I am sad and relieved at the same time!
Where is your pineapple dress from?!
I am just changing over to our fall decor - Chad is also very thrilled ;)

Amber said...

That birthday party invitation is soooo cute! I bet it's extra fun to plan birthday parties as the kids get older and are more into it and involved. I always think 1st birthday parties are adorable, but I don't know if I will do a big to do for our little one as they are so small and won't remember much anyways!

Love your outfits as always!

Check out minimalist baker - she has some great GF and DF soup recipes

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love Delainey's bday party invitation! I can't wait to see pictures from her party. You are the master of party planning! I hope you'll share pictures of the baby shower, too!

Iowa Girl Eats is an awesome resource for GF recipes. I've loved every recipe I've made from her blog! The soup club is super awesome, as are the other perks at work that you mentioned! What a cool place to work!