{our DockATot nest}

/
1 Comments
It's interesting to see the similarities and differences in our two kids. They are very a like in many ways but are also 100% themselves and polar opposites in others. Ryder shocks us with his mischievous and fearless nature and the way he keeps up with Delainey. She was a pretty easy baby/toddler other than her shear dislike for sleeping.

There are a few big milestones coming up for Ryder and it's hard to know when to tackle these for him. We potty trained Delainey a month after Ryder was born at 2 years 2 months. I feel like with Delainey's help this is something Ryder may be all over because he wants to be just like Delainey in every aspect of his life - but maybe not!

We also transitioned Delainey to a big girl when she was 23 months old - that will be Ryder in a short 3 months...To be 100% honest, the thought of Ryder in a bed terrifies me. I may never sleep again! ha
 He's a different kid than Delainey was so we aren't at all concerned if he doesn't do these things when she did and with that said, I may just keep him in a crib and sleep sac until he's 5. The fact that he hasn't figured out how to climb out of his crib yet is small miracle considering this kid loves to climb on to dressers, tables, the counter, you name it.


 I was definitely that Mom that looked into EVERYTHING that may help my first born sleep better and let me tell you the DockATot was obviously not around then. The DockATot is a multi-function co-sleeper and play time lounger. It comes in 2 sizes {Deluxe+ for 0-8 months and Grand for 9-36 months}. They are breathable, all natural 100% cotton.

The Deluxe is designed for wee babes to provide a safe, snug and soothing environment that mimics the womb. It's perfect for traveling with a little baby, can be moved easily from room to room in your home, facilitates tummy time and is great for playing, lounging and sleeping. I wasn't interested in co-sleeping with either kids but I feel like this safe little cocoon would have been something Delainey may have liked as a baby. I know many Mom's swear by them for their babies and think they are a must have for their little ones.

The Grand - our new addition - is ideal for cuddling, resting and most importantly toddler bed transitions. The built-in, air permeable sides act as bed rails and allow young children to settle more easily into their new bigger bed.


Like I said, we are nowhere near ready to transition him but by having Ryder get comfortable in his DockATot by playing, reading, snuggling turn wrestling in his with Delainey, it will hopefully help him want to stay in it when we are. And as many things with Ryder, he just might surprise us and love having a big boy bed as Delainey did. 





Even big sister loves the little "nest" she calls it to read in.



They actually pretended it was a boat, gave each other "check ups" and read together for a good 45 minutes in it!




As the DockATot website says:

DockATot™ is both a luxury and a necessity for any parent who wants their little one’s earliest years to be nestled in a happy and healthy cocoon of comfiness.

I will say, they are not cheap but well worth it if it means your new baby/toddler is safe and sleeping better. I will definitely do an updated post when we do transition Ryder to his big boy bed using his Dock.



Tribal Stripe Pajamas c/o Finn and Emma

*I received the DockATot and extra cover in exchange for this post, but as always, all opinions and reviews expressed are my own. Thank you DockATot.

Related Posts

1 comment:

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

We LOVE our dockatot! I use it every single night in bed with me...and in hotel rooms...and even when camping this past weekend! I wish I had had one with Sully! I will most definitely have to purchase the larger one when she's outgrown the small one. Have you tried having Ryder nap in it yet?