{Cruz}

/
9 Comments

This week + weekend recap will have to wait until tomorrow as today our Cruzie girls turns 8!

She was the best kijiji find and the most perfect wedding gift to each other.
I still remember the email coming through with a photo of her sweet scrunched 3 day old face and loved her immediately. We visited her a few days before our wedding and it was so hard knowing we had to wait a few more weeks bring her home.
The only reason we looked forward to returning to Calgary from Mexico after our honeymoon was because we were picking her up the very next day. 





Dogs really do have this sixth sense. She was like a magnet to me when we were going through all our fertility treatments and she was there to snuggle and love on me when I needed her most. 



I can't imagine life without her. She really has been the best dog and has fit into our lives perfectly. She is happiest at the lake, out hiking with us and loves it when Justin takes her for a bike ride. She is spoiled with twice a day walks with her favorite kids and is in heaven when backyard season comes around. She thinks the water table is a giant water bowl and Ryder kills himself laughing every time she drinks from it.





From Day 1 she was an incredible big sister. We never worried about her with the kids when they were babies and always placed her as close to them as possible. She's been gentle and oh so patient.














While making Ryder's 1 year book {no it's still not done} I realized how many photos I have of Cruz and Ry on the bed and it's just the cutest thing. 





Ryder is always climbing on her and using her as a boost to get on the couch and as much as I know she gets frustrated with him, she puts up with it. 



I am so thankful for her. I grew up with a yellow lab just like Cruz and our kids don't realize it yet but life is better with a dog. And somehow we ended up with one of the best.


Happy birthday Cruzie! We love you so much.
xo

Related Posts

9 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Happy birthday Cruz!! I hope you Mom makes you a puppy cake or similar ;)

Ma and Pa said...

She is such a love. Happy Birthday, Cruzie!
Hope you get some ice cream tonight ����

Murdock's mama said...

Love that pup & what she brings to your family! :)

Rachel Steck said...

Happy Birthday Cruz! I love you!
xoxo

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Happy Birthday Cruz!! You make me want a dog! She is the sweetest!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Cruz! Such a sweet dog!

Bex said...

Such a sweet post for a sweet pup <3

Leigh said...

Happy belated birthday to Cruz! Her boyfriend sends her a kiss and a butt sniff ;)

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Awww I love this post...Happy very belated birthday Cruz! <3