{week + end rewind}

/
10 Comments
 Well hey there Monday. You've arrived with snow and I have a nasty sore throat. Please do better tomorrow will ya?! In the meantime - let's rewind!

Tuesday afternoon rainy walks and backyard races. And I do love 1 day work weeks thank you very much.


Wednesday Delainey had a cough and overall wasn't feeling great so we cancelled our plans and hung out at home for the most part. She's not good at laying low and relaxing so we had a busy day playing. We went to the park after naps because the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.




Thursday Delainey woke up feeling much better so we went to her last gymnastics. Justin was able to join us and we could all be on the floor with her. Ryder was thrilled! 




We were supposed to go swimming with my parents afterwards but cancelled that as Delainey was under weather the day before, so we went over to their place for lunch instead. Right before we were going to eat Ry got super upset and then was just wanting to cuddle and not eat anything.
He spent the rest of the day napping and cuddling with me even when Delainey was running the ravine and riding her bike. I didn't mind the snuggles at all but felt so bad for him. He's cutting 2 teeth and had a fever.

I went to teach Surf {Mom & Dad joined!} and thankfully after Ry got some food in his system he pepped up a bit and woke up totally fine. 


Delainey had preschool on Friday morning so Ryder, Cruz and I went for a run and then I cleaned the house while and Ryder napped. We got groceries after we picked Delainey up and then it was lunch and naps! Thankfully the kids felt better as they were having one last sleepover with Ma & Pa before they head to the lake.

 leggings Muladhara Yoga, my tee: Artee + Me, bracelet: Arae Jewelry, D's tee: Wee Wanderers

I dropped the kids off then came home and got started on my Pregnancy book for Ryder {because I'm on the ball like that!} while Justin worked on his bike. We then went for a quick dinner date to our old hangout Riverstone pub.

The kids had a fun sleepover as always and I picked them up Saturday morning to head to Jen's for Wes's 2nd birthday party. 
The kids had fun with all his toys and on the bouncy castle until it was just too chilly. Silly weather.


It was a cute milk and cookies theme and this cake tasted as good as it looks! And Jen may make the best chocolate chip cookies.


 Ryder was so cute peeking on his little girlfriend Emmy! :)


They both fell asleep on the way home but I was able to transfer Ryder and then Delainey and I played games and read books until Justin got home from his bike ride with Brian.

Afternoon walk and ready to cheer on our Oilers.

 hat: Local Laundry, all our tops: Portage and Main

After the kids were in bed we started watching 13 Reasons Why, so far I love it.


 Sunday morning Delainey and I headed out for our hair appointment with my cousin Amanda. We have the salon to ourselves when we go as it's closed on Sundays so Delainey loves having the whole salon to play in and explore. She got a good few inches cut off and it looks great.
Then we of course went for ice cream at Made by Marcus - cause that's what we do after hair cuts!
She chose this unicorn sundae that we shared and she was pretty excited about it!


We stopped by this colorful wall as I knew she'd love it and that she did!


And surprise! I went dark and also had a few inches chopped off! :) And love the change.


Mom, Dad, Nana, Jeff and Jolie came for dinner Sunday night so that was the perfect end to a great weekend.

Related Posts

10 comments:

Bex said...

Ah, every time you post about Made By Marcus it makes me want to go so bad!! I swear I need to spend a full week in Calgary just to see and do all the things. (Like visit you guys!)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Again LOVE your hair!
Glad the kids started to feel better for their sleepover - I am ready for summer and less sickness!
I want to try that ice cream next time I am in Calgary which I swear will be soon ;)

Jen Linton said...

Thanks for coming this weekend! WHOA- major hair change! I almost didn't recognize you in that photo! Rock it mama!! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

I have 2 episodes left of 13 Reasons Why - so good hey? Sad and intense though. I did not like the book, but am really enjoying the show.

Yup, still love your hair! ;) I need to try that ice-cream!

Rachel Steck said...

I love your weekends, your kids, and your hair!

Leigh said...

I really liked 13 reasons why- I read the book 4 years ago and enjoyed it too. How are you feeling now? Love the new hair do! Looks so good. Fun that Justin got to come to gymnastics

Ashley said...

I've heard 13 reasons is good, but haven't watched it yet!! I do love your hair as well!!! Hopefully you all get on the mend soon! The kids have the 100 day cold I swear... man we just can't kick it!!! I think Noah might be over it, but then he will cough still!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I can't believe you guys got snow. My parents did, too. So depressing for late April! Come on, spring!

Sorry to hear you have a sore throat and the kids have been feeling under the weather. I hope you don't get a cold!

I want to read 13 reason why before I start watching the series. I actually did not realize it was a series - now I understand why I have seen the book on book ends all over the place recently!!

Love your new 'do! Are you a natural blond or brunette? You wear both colors so well!!

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started watching 13 Reasons Why as well!! I love it!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Poor kiddos feeling under the weather :(

Your hair looks great!! I thought it looked a bit shorter. How are you liking it? Does J like it? ;)

What program/company do you use to make pregnancy books? I haven't made any! And haven't completed Leo's baby book. I'm on the ball like that ;) I'm sure I'll get around to it all when I have 3 kids to run after! LOL!