{Sibling Love}

/
7 Comments

My goal for spring break was simply to enjoy these two kids. Sometimes that's easier said than done because Delainey's whine factor right now is at an all time high.
But they are at such a fun age and get excited about such simple things so I have found that if I keep them busy, the whine factor isn't quite as high. I did create a spring break bucket list of activities I wanted to do with them and we checked off almost everything. Every morning when I asked Delainey what she wanted to do she'd say "something fun!" Thankfully, other than having her hair brushed and eating those last few bites of dinner, she thinks almost everything is fun.



Even though we played at multiple playgrounds and did a lot of "something fun", my favorite time with them was the mornings. The slow mornings on the couch cuddled under a blanket with Cruz at our feet. Them with their bowl of dry cheerios, me with my coffee and we'd watch an episode of Daniel Tiger. Delainey would sing along to most songs, Ryder would point and say "Da Ta" for Daniel Tiger almost every time he was on the TV screen or point to my coffee and says "hot" multiple times. Delainey would explain to Ryder the lessons Daniel was learning and Ryder would watch her and copy as much as he could. Then we'd make breakfast and slowly get ready for our day out. No rushing out of the house for anything. It was perfect.


We'd slowly head upstairs to get ready for the day and they'd cuddle/wrestle on our bed or quietly play doll house together even. They are the best of buddies most of the time these days and it's really cool to watch. She will ask Ryder if he wants to play with her and Ryder and always nods his head and says "mmhum".
 I hope he grows up into the little "big" brother Jeff was to me. And she grows up appreciating how lucky she is to have that, just as I have.

Their love for each other and being with each other makes me so happy.


These tribal stripe jammies from Finn + Emma definitely make me happy too. You should know by now that twinning is my jam and I love this gender neutral print on them. I did choose these from the boy section but think the bright yellow makes them great for either gender and I would honestly put Delainey is any of the jammies in the boy collection



I sized up when I ordered these so Delainey is wearing a 4T and Ryder is wearing 18-24 months. I love the fit, they are a narrower fit in the top with plenty of room to grow in the waist and in length. They are made with buttery soft, G.O.T.S., certified organic cotton and non-toxic, eco-friendly dyes.

{leather bow c/o Posh Panda}

Bonus: Ryder will get to wear these jammies for many years to come as I am sure he will grow into Delainey's before she grows out of them! 


Be sure to follow Finn + Emma on Instagram and Facebook. They also carry a great line of bodysuits, one-pieces, baby gowns, pants, tops, play gyms, play mats, toys, bibs... and more! I also have my eye on these boat & totem pajamas.


Pajamas c/o Finn + Emma, but as always, all thoughts and reviews are my own.

Related Posts

7 comments:

Bex said...

Slow mornings like that are the best. They are too cute, especially in matching jammies!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

While slow mornings are rare for us, when they do happen they are nice! I love those jammies :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh my gosh, your kids are so darn beautiful! And I love that they get along so well! That is such a blessing. I am sure you heart just melts when you see them interacting with each other in such a loving way. You quiet/slow mornings at home sound perfect. Those are my kind of day as I don't like feeling rushed to get out of the house (and I'm sure I'll dislike that rushed feeling even more when we have a child someday!).

Leigh said...

Love this post! They are just so cute in their matching pjs

Unknown said...

Jammies are excellent. I see they have a lot of great unisex styles... even though these are "boy" it totally works for a girl too. Love watching siblings get a long.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love quiet morning fun!! I was so sad to find out these pjs don't come in Audrey's size :( They love to match pjs (and clothes sometimes) but it's hard to find gender neutral or matching pjs for their current sizes.

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Aw what a beautiful post <3 I love quiet mornings too and I can't wait for when Emmy is a bit older and can really "be involved" ;) Love the print of the pajamas you picked. I wish I had thought to order a size up for Sully - not sure what I was thinking!!