{Rumble Boxing Studio}

/
7 Comments
On Saturday I had the opportunity to take a private boxing class at Rumble with the Blog Squad {check out the newly launched Instagram page here}. I'm not going to lie, I was a little intimidated and nervous even though I had been itching to try one of these new boxing classes for months. 
The best way to describe the studio upon entering is cool. 






You instantly see what is drawing people into these new boxing studios popping up around Calgary. I didn't feel cool enough to be there - until we started wrapping our hands and slipping the boxing gloves and then the excitement definitely started to grow... ;)

Rumble is a club-inspired boxing boutique studio in the heart of 17th Avenue. The studio offers 6,000 sq ft of boxing training space and parking is easy to find on the street or the big pay lot across the street. To start you need to buy hand wraps {$15} unless you have your own {they get super sweaty so I can see why you'd want your own} and glove rental is free. We wrapped our hands, stashed our belongings in the free lockers and got ourselves pumped up for class!



We took some before photos {as bloggers do} in the fancy ring at the entrance of the studio before heading into our class to find our bag.

Jo, Jen, Ange, myself, Kris, Brie, Kaella

Since it was a private class we all chose a bag right at the front so we could all see our trainer Kealan really well. This definitely helped,  I think I would have been lost if I couldn't see her and was just listening to her cues. Kealan was an awesome "motivator" - great energy, very encouraging, clear instructions and a totally strong fit bod.



Class started with a warm-up and Kealan taught us the 6 different punches that would make up the class, giving them numbers 1-6. From there she put us through different combinations that would last for the length of a song. She would call out the different combinations of punches {1,2,1,2,3...1,2,1, 2,3...} and we hopefully caught on! :) Some included jump squats, pulse squats, jumping lunges, jumping jacks, etc - we definitely worked up a sweat and your brain was also working all class! I found I was over thinking and got myself confused but if I just got into the groove of the sequence it was way easier.





{Random thoughts}
I really loved the class. It was exhilarating and super fun. You definitely get out of it what you put it, you can half ass hit the bag or you can give it your all. I luckily don't have a lot of stress in my life but it's a great stress reliever and I left feeling exhausted yet energized. 

I love that the room was so dark so I kind of just got into the groove and never felt self conscious. Plus the loud "club like" music and crazy lights definitely get your pumped up and ready to hit that bag!

The wraps really hurt my fingers (maybe I have fat little fingers) but I had indents in my fingers and a few fingers felt numb during class. I would definitely recommend taking your rings off (I didn't).

The gloves made my hands SO smelly! I washed them at the studio and could still smell them all the way home. 

The after shot!


We totally lucked as after class Ewan McGregor and Mary Winstead were there for a private boxing class so we of course stuck around to watch and snap a few photos. 



{Pricing}
Drop in - $20
10 class pass - $180
20 class pass - $320
And they also have 1, 3, 6  and 12 month memberships  - see pricing HERE

{Extras}
They have an Energy Bar right as you walk in that offers Cold Pressed Juice, Acai Bowls, Pitaya Bowls, Energy Balls and water if you need a pre/post snack. And to fill that shopping need they have a great little Retail Boutique in studio as well.

Thanks again for having us Rumble and for organizing Ange. And thank you ladies for your photos.

Related Posts

7 comments:

Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs said...

So so fun! I'm so glad we were able to try this!! Your thoughts echo all of mine! :)

Bex said...

I really like the smoothie counter. I'd spend all of my money there after every class haha

Jen Rawson said...

So much fun! I can't wait to go back.

Leigh said...

Looks like such a cool place! Must not be pregnant or have a doctors note so I can come next time :)

Angela Williams said...

I swear, once the wraps go on, you really do feel like a total badass.
I'm secretly glad I lose my sense of smell that day...

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

I pretty much agree with everything you said - you definitely get out of it what you put in. And so true about not over thinking the moves. I think the wraps that you actually wrap are way more comfortable...I didn't remove my rings for either of the classes I did and I had no problems (and I for sure have fat fingers lol!).

Kaella Carr said...

I loved the class so much!!! So glad I got to spend it with you! :)