{5 of my favorite things}

/
9 Comments
I am all for things that make life easier and more enjoyable These 5 things are the first 5 "THINGS" that I use on a daily basis that I am thankful for.

{1}
The Charcoal Cleansing Bar from Beauty Counter is something I tried almost a year ago and fell in love with after the first use - not joking. I should sell the thing because I am pretty sure I have told everyone I know about it - and I know I have posted about it on the blog before but still, it's THAT good. Sure the bar is $30 but it last a LONG time - mine has been going strong since May! And I may have stocked up when they had a BOGO sale. :)


 I wash my face with it before bed and in the morning and it makes my face feel so clean and refreshed, not dry at all and take off all my make up at the same time. I feel like my complexion is indeed brighter and my skin rarely breaks out now.
If you want to try it out or order it, click here and you can order it from my girlfriend Sara who sells it. And then you can thank me.

{2}
Our MEC double stroller. I bought this off kijiji when Delainey was just a baby and it is a lifesaver especially now with 2 kids and a dog who gets walked twice a day rain, snow or shine! 
It came with the baby sling so I used it when Ryder was a wee baby too. I love it because no matter the weather, the kids are warm, toasty, dry and happy in there with their blankets and snacks. It has a mesh front door as well as a water proof one so depending on the weather they are covered! When it's nice and sunny we just leave both doors up so they get fresh air!
The rear access storage is huge so it always is stocked with wipes, diapers, extra hats, mitts, coats, rocks and sticks - you name it! The handle is also very handy for lugging a bike down to the ravine too!
It's quite easy to run with which we have done on occasion as well! :)

We do only use it for neighborhood walks as it's a big pain to put in the back of the truck with Cruz and it's the only double stroller we own.



{3}
My tall hunters boots plus boot socks. I wear these all winter long and of course into Spring! They are great traction in the snow and with the boot socks my feet are never cold. Plus they are ideal when it's slushy and wet which is almost always! They are not perfect for ice but I fall down way less in these than I used to in crappy UGGs.


{4}
My Keurig and K-Cup. Jeff and Jolie bought this for me for my 30th birthday, so it's almost 5 years old! And I LOVE it. I am the only coffee drinker in the house so it's perfect for our household. 
I use the K-Cup every morning that I am at home and often during afternoon nap time as well with my beloved McDonald's coffee grounds!

{5}
My Boken Essential Diaper Bag. I use it as a back back 99% of the time and think it's a must have. It's the perfect size with lots of handy pockets and can be worn 3 ways.



We also brought it to Vegas with us and it was perfect for the travel days & pool time so it's WAY more than just a diaper bag..


Now I just need some THING to do my hair and make up for me each morning and I'd be golden. Because that's my least favorite thing to do. ;)

Related Posts

9 comments:

Leigh said...

I meant to ask Tara on the weekend- I had messaged her about getting one of those faces bars after you mentioned it and never heard anything else from her. Must get on it! I tried the face mask that came in the goodie bag and it was good! I've been thinking about getting a double Chariot (or MEC one) like you have since I know I'll be walking Harley more with both kids. Might have to keep an eye out for one!

Bex said...

I want to try that face wash bar. I'm so terrible for not taking my makeup off at night and Im really starting to notice that my skin isn't the best.

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Ohh I'm intrigued by that face bar. Do you only use it in the shower? Like, I'd be worried about getting it on my clothes if not? Or does it not stain? Do you use anything else by Beauty Counter? I have a backpack now for a diaper bag, but I still want a Boken Bag, haha!! And yay for you being almost the same age as me ;)

Amber said...

I am intrigued by the charcoal soap! I just heard on a podcast that charcoal is amazing for absorbing smells so you should place charcoal in any room where you have strong smells (for example if you have a cat, where you put the cat litter!) so interesting!

Ashley said...

Get the conair curl secret- sooo fast!!! Love mine!!! It's pretty much all I use anymore!! What skin cream do you use?? I just realized my face needs cream- likely anti aging haha! I like that bag, I'll have to look into it, as I want something less diaper bag looking as Em gets older!

Jen Rawson said...

Does the charcoal bar remove makeup too? Because I need all in one, I'm way too lazy for multiple steps!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I've heard great things about those bars! My skin panicked in the fall but has been great since, turns out it wss just too dry. Couldn't agree more on the MEC stroller, its out favourite!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I"m curious about this bar! Sounds very interesting! I also wonder if it stains things, like wash clothes or your clothes if it drips on your clothes? I'm all about using more natural products on my skin!

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

We have a double stroller that looks like yours but we got it used and it's not it the best shape. But it is great for walks around the development we live in! I wish it would turn better though, haha.