{Viva Las Vegas}

/
9 Comments
I will start by saying that we are very lucky to have been able to get away together for this little vacation and extra thankful my parents were more than happy to have the kids. I didn't worry about them at all and Delainey was BEYOND excited to go to Ma & Pa's for 4 sleepovers!
I was telling her the day we were dropping them off that she needed to be helpful, leave her whiny voice at home, stay in bed until Momo woke, yada yada and she finally said "I know Mommy, it's no problem, Ma and Pa's house is a piece of cake!" We of course missed them like crazy but knew they were having a ton of fun. Plus I said to Justin that I think because we were in Vegas I never wished the kids were with us {we'd never take kids to Vegas} but if we went on a beach vacation I am sure after a couple days we would wish they were with us for sure. 

Anyways, we left them with 4 little gifts to open each day that had activities for them to do and a couple treats.


We also made cupcakes for them to bring over for Pa's {belated} birthday.


We dropped them off Wednesday night as we had to be at the airport bright and early Thursday morning. Once arriving in Vegas we dropped our bags off at the hotel and grabbed a bite to eat and drink before wandering around and then grabbing a taxi to TARGET!
We grabbed some snacks, easy breakfast items and drinks for our hotel room and a couple Peppa Pig toys for the kids and that's it. I was actually pretty disappointed with this Target visit. So sad, but that's fine, it's not like we needed anything! I just miss Target.

The photo doesn't do them justice but these stairs were so pretty!


We checked into our room at The Aria {which beautiful and was a very "smart" room - everything was controlled by an iPad - TV, temperature, lights, blinds... Justin was in heaven}. When our bags were delivered we found out OUR pool was one of the only ones open yet. This made my day seeing at it was beautiful and sunny out!
We ended up just doing some walking around and got tickets to Terry Fator at The Mirage for that night as per my parents recommendation. We had dinner at Portofino in The Mirage before the show and it was an incredible meal. 



The show was super funny and the way he can sing so well without moving his mouth is quite unreal {he's a ventriloquist}. He's actually coming to Calgary very soon too!


Friday we hit up the outlet mall, went for pizza at Five50 Pizza Bar in our hotel and then immediately hit the pool! We didn't actually go in the pool but Justin had a pool side nap and then we went in the hot tub. 



That night we walked over to the MGM Grand and grabbed tickets for our Cirque show for the following day. We wondered the hotel for a dinner spot and ended up at Crush which did not disappoint. We both left there incredible full but with very happy bellies.


After dinner we grabbed a cab down to Fremont Street - one of our favorite spots in Las Vegas. We wondered around {best people watching ever}, checked out the Golden Nugget hotel tank pool and the largest golden nugget {we had a cab driver the day before who filled us in on these must see spots!} and then made our way down to Container Park which is a cool little open air market with shops, restaurants and bars made up of old shipping containers. We stopped at a club on our way back to the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the people watching again.


Saturday we hit up the mall and then grabbed a quick lunch {that we were no even hungry for!} and beer at Twin Peaks - basically an up scaled Hooters. I'm a good wife. ;) 


We did some "gambling" {AKA I will only play the penny slots} but I did win $30 and immediately cash out upon receiving my free drinks for playing.


Went went down to the pool again and had a drink in the hot tub and then got ready for our Cirque du Soleil show Zumanity {which we had seen before but over 5 years ago}. We have seen all the other Cirque shows in Vegas other than LOVE and that one just doesn't appeal to us. We had planned to go to the Mexican restaurant in our hotel but we just weren't hungry so we decided to skip it.

Dress: Winners

The show was incredible. Some people are very far too talented!




We walked back to our hotel, grabbed a bottle of wine and a few pieces of pizza and called it a night!


We had an incredible time. It was so nice to just be together, have no place we had to be, we lounged on the bed in our robes and ate chips, slept until we wanted to {although I don't think we slept past 7am!} and held each others hand instead of the kids. Being a parent is our favorite thing ever but so is our time together.
{Thank you again Ma & Pa!}
xo

Related Posts

9 comments:

Bex said...

This sounds like such a great trip for the two of you. Glad you were able to get away. PS You're gorgeous, has anyone ever told you ;-)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I think our first stop in AZ will be Target for sure lol.
Our first kid free holiday will be August and I am excited and nervous. We are to Vancouver so not a place great for littles so I agree that will help vs other holidays we have done have been more kid friendly.
So happy your pool was open! The tank pool might be one of my favourite things to see in Vegas!
Glad you guys got away and had a great time together :)

Angela Williams said...

What a great getaway for you two!
I've seen LOVE and while entertaining, just isn't quite the same as the other shows on the Strip.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Awesome trip!! I've never been to Fremont street in all my trips to Vegas! Well other than running part of it for the half marathon.

Gosh you guys are early risers!! That's awesome you got so much pool time in!

Boo to Target being so disappointing :(

Jen Linton said...

All fancy nights out! I'm so jealous

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love all of your outfits but that pink top is my favorite! It looks so beautiful on you! Sounds like a fun getaway and how great that you did not have to worry about the kids. I'm sure your parents LOVED having them for 4 nights, too. When my parents watch my nieces and nephews, they are usually so well behaved and I would say even more well behaved than they are for their own parents!!

Leigh said...

That's awesome that you and Justin were able to get away together and the kids had fun with your parents :) I love that you made them little bags for each day. I bet they loved that! Love all of your outfits too

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

What a fun trip! Glad you guys had a great time and so awesome that your pool was open! We once went in November for a week and it was so cold (even during the days). I hadn't packed warm enough clothing! All of your outfits are fabulous! You are so gorgeous! I'm impressed with the footwear you wore haha! No blisters? How are the booties from Pink Blush? Fit true to size?

Jen Rawson said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! I love Fremont street too. I actually think I would stay there next time I visit Vegas instead of the strip.