{Friday things}

/
5 Comments
 Happy Friday! Delainey is at preschool, Ryder is napping and Cruz is cuddled up to me on the bed - the snow is falling in big huge flakes and it isn't freezing out so I am kind of loving it! Other than the shoveling that is to come, good thing that's Justin's job. ;)

{weekending}
On Sunday my friend Tara from Top Knot Mommy is putting on her first event. Tickets have been dropped to $24 and it should be a great time {& you don't have to be a Mom to attend!} There are some great vendors that will be set up after the workout too. My Mom and I are going - come join us! Grab your tickets here.


{shopping}
Linnden from Urban Cowgirl makes the most beautiful kimonos. They hang perfectly, are never wrinkly {one of my favorite features!}, so easy to throw on over a tank, tee or dress and she has the prettiest prints. I already own 2 and Delainey has a matching one!



She launches her new collection on March 1st and when she sent me the sneak peeks to choose from it was nearly impossible to choose my favorite! Justin helped me narrow it down and I went with this one because it's totally different from my others - plus has pretty lace detail on the bottom. Be sure to check out her shop on Wednesday to snag one - or 3!



{crock pot recipe trying}
Brie posted this recipe she tried on putting a full chicken in the crock pot so we tried it this past week and it was delicious! I too may never buy a roasted chicken from the grocery store again, it was so easy.
This chicken tortilla soup recipe is a staple in our house - I usually just throw my own recipe together and always use half a pack of taco seasoning instead of spices.
And lastly this orange chicken is so easy and tasty. We usually eat it in wraps.


{looking forward to}
This weekend we have Sully's birthday party, family dinner at Smuggler's {YUM} and next weekend Gran {GG} comes to visit for the week!

{wearing}


Have a lovely weekend!
xo

Related Posts

5 comments:

Bex said...

I'm definitely jealous you were sent a kimono. They are SO gorgeous. I've been swooning over all of the spring collection.

I need to use my crockpot more but I can't ever get organized enough. I might have to try out the orange chicken recipe. Now I'm hungry!

Have a great weekend!

Leigh said...

Love that kimono! Brian got me one for my birthday and I love it. The kids look so young in those pictures. I was thinking about coming to that event on Sunday- we will see!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That roasted chicken looks so easy! I have roasted a couple in my oven recently and they are great, but this looks even easier and doesn't require any monitoring! I am planning to make salads with chicken for lunch when my mom and SIL are here next weekend to work on wedding projects, so I will have to make the chicken in the crockpot ahead of time! I also love using the carcass to make chicken stock in the crockpot. It's soooo easy and good!

Those kimonos are beautiful! I love things like that as I am always cold so need something to cover up when I am wearing short sleeve or sleeve-less dresses. I usually wear a boring monochromatic cardigan but a kimono would be cute!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Oh I'm glad you tried the whole chicken and loved it too! Superstore often puts packs of 3 whole (raw) chickens on sale so keep a look out. Costs about 6-7 dollars a chicken that way ;) That kimono is gorgeous! I'm also slightly jealous you were sent one ;) I really like the one in your first outfit pic too!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I'm going to have to try those recipes. I am getting so lazy in the cooking dept and it doesn't help that the kids turn their noses up at everything!

Hahaha I've been eyeing up the Urban Cowgirl kimonos since I know I will be living in them this summer with my post partum bod. I literally just ordered that white floral one that you have! LOL!! It was so hard to narrow it down to one!