{week + end rewind}

/
4 Comments
Happy Monday! We had such an awesome weekend and the weather warmed up so we got outside a lot too. Last week on my days off we had a much needed and overdue date with Whit and Fin.
Spent some time cleaning, going through the kids clothes and organizing. Delainey had preschool on Friday so Ryder and I ran up to Winners as I wanted to find a new dress for Justin's company holiday party {I just wasn't excited about the options in my closet}.
Delainey was on a no-nap kick last week so we did a lot of cuddling, reading and practicing printing letters.


Delainey plays preschool with Ryder all the time - reading to him, having him touch different body parts, telling him to say certain words. It's pretty darn cute.


Cereal monsters! And of course Ryder drink his milk like a big kid already. 
Gah. Where did my baby go?


Ryder got new Parker & Posie slippers. Our favorite - and another Calgary mama! She just added some new ones to her shop that are so cute!



 Top: The Lucky Pineapple, {Medicine Hat} Pants: Petunia & Buster {Vancouver}


Friday night we had a get together at my parents place with Jeff, Jolie, Nana and our family friends the Barberio's. It was so nice to catch up with all of them for a visit even if it's just once a year!

Saturday morning we headed out to the outdoor rink in our community because Delainey had been asking to go skate and finally it warmed up so we could do so!
She didn't love the support skater at first and was crying and hanging over the bars but definitely got the hang out it. By the end she was standing up tall and taking solo steps!


She did prefer the sled breaks!




Post nap snuggles with Cruz.


That night we had Justin's company holiday party so we brought the kids & Cruz up to my parents for a sleepover and then Mom dropped us off downtown. We share a couple appies and drinks at The Keg and then hopped in a cab to the King Eddy. The party was a lot of fun, he has some really great co-workers. I danced & they had a mashed potato bar - yes! Plus I found $20 on the ground on our way out so I pretty much got paid to go to this party. :)


Sunday Justin headed out to ride with Brian while I enjoyed a coffee in bed that Justin dropped off on his way out the door. Shortly after that Mom and Dad brought the troops home. We played, worked out and made energy balls until nap time. They both had decent naps considering they were up WAY too early for Ma & Pa.

Cuddles with Dad.


 Top: The Lucky Pineapple, Pants: Simply Love

Then we spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard and while Justin BBQ'd our dinner.
Sledding, throwing the ball for Cruz and playing in the snow.






I want winter to stay like this! Lots of snow but mild temperatures! Pretty please! :)

Related Posts

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Love your dress! Did you find it at Winners?

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I am so happy this weather has warmed up finally!
Love your dress! I was eyeing it up on IG :)
Yay for skating! I have one of those supports from when I was a kid! I also remember hating it lol. Sledding on the ice is so much fun :)

Jen Linton said...

Here's to hoping it stays warm out- Tyler and I will be on the hunt for his wedding ring in the front yard...finally.

Gabriella said...

Little cuties! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. I love the dress you wore to the party! So fun!!