{week + end rewind}

/
7 Comments

We had a pretty low key week considering both kids got the 24 hour flu bug I got. I was ok with the chill week leading back up to my return to work considering all the cuddles I got but to be honest was pretty bummed we had to cancel the fun week I had hoped we would have. But both kids are feeling better so that's all that matters.

Delainey had a sleepover with my parents on Tuesday and had a blast but unfortunately got sick a few times at their house along with passing the bug along to my poor parents. :( Ryder and I spent some time just him and I which is always nice too while he recovered from his bug.


 Circle Scarf c/o Little Deer Handmade, Delainey's hand me down hat from Ma Tante Ge




I went to a Surf Set class Tuesday evening.


Delainey decorated her Halloween House - she was very excited to do this and had big plans {aka was a bossy pants} while making it.




Friday Delainey had preschool so this little man and I got groceries and ran a few errands before picking her up.


^ These new moc boots from Posh Panda are incredible. I was probably a little too sad when he grew out of his first pair and these new colors are just perfect.

Modeling his new romper from Little Deer Handmade - I adore this fabric!



Saturday I went to Spin at 8am and then we had a lovely morning just playing and snuggling. Delainey's new thing is to snuggle while watching a Curious George so we did that while Ryder napped. We did a quick run to Costco to pick up photos before lunch and naps. That afternoon Uncle Jeff and Auntie Jolie came to visit the kids and then my Mom came over to have dinner with them so us 4 could head down to the Watering Hole to have dinner which was such a treat. Oh how I love having them all so close by!




 Adorable matching pants from Simply Love YYC - sneak peek of her new winter prints! WE love this shop. Their leggings are long and skinny which is must for my kids and the fabrics she chooses are like butter soft and she's local to Calgary!



Sunday morning Justin headed out for his bike date with Brian {duh} so the kids and I played, I cleaned and then we headed out for Frozen Yogurt. Delainey and I went for froyo the day before I went back from her mat leave so I knew I wanted to take Ryder too. He was super pumped and couldn't get over the fact I gave him his own bowl and spoon.





He did more playing with is than eating but that's fine.



When Justin got home the house napped and I did some outfit prep for work {that sounds silly}, folded a mountain of laundry and watched Grey's Anatomy. We took a family walk in the ravine before Justin did a roast on the BBQ for dinner.



^ More new leggings c/o Simple Love YYC


Delainey collecting treasures and looking 12.



And just like that I was back at work. Thank god for part time. 

Related Posts

7 comments:

Bex said...

Crazy how fast the last year has gone and you're back to work already!! Enjoy your first day back.

Stacy said...

Hope your first day went smoothly!

Leigh said...

glad you guys are all feeling better! Darn flu. Hope your first day back went well!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Gosh, Delainey does look 12 in those photos at the end! Where did your little toddler go?? I can't believe it's already time for you to return to week... that year off went by so fast from an outside observer so I am sure it went even more quickly for you.

Sorry to hear you all got sick, though. What a bummer!!!

Leslie said...

Outfit prep is NOT silly at all! I totally get it. The weeks I do that I am so much more organized.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I need to do outfit prep! I change too many times some mornings.
Glad you got lots of cuddles before going back to work but not that you all got sick!
I saw your week back went good, so happy to hear that!
I need to check out those leggings, Chloe is long & lean too,opposite that Avery was!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I need to do outfit prep! I change too many times some mornings.
Glad you got lots of cuddles before going back to work but not that you all got sick!
I saw your week back went good, so happy to hear that!
I need to check out those leggings, Chloe is long & lean too,opposite that Avery was!