{week + end rewind}

/
3 Comments
We had a good week and an even better weekend. Monday Delainey had preschool {continues to love it} and Ryder and I took Cruz to the vet. Our previous vet moved to the Emergency Hospital so we had a new vet and Cruz seemed to like him although was her typical nervous self.
He told us that she's one of the fittest labs he's seen in a long time especially for 7. But we need to continue to work on brushing her teeth. She hates it.
After naps Nana came over to join us for our afternoon walk.



We lucked out and it was a beautiful afternoon.


Tuesday we ran to the mall as I needed to pick up a few things and it was a rainy day. 
Donut break after not having much luck finding anything. I've been looking for a simple shirt for D with a cupcake on it for her party and do you think I can find anything with a cupcake on it?!  I get these ideas of what I NEED in my head... :)


Wednesday we did some birthday party prep and a few errands. 


Kitty cat joined us for our walk. That didn't slow us down at all!! ;) ha







Thursday we went over to Nicole's beautiful new house and had a play date with Audrey & Leo along with Brie {Sully} and Jen {Wes}. The kids all had fun and us Moms even had a chance to chat!

After our very wet walk Delainey insisted on riding her bike.


Walking laps.


Thursday night I went to Surf at 5:30 before Justin met up with the guys at the watering hole. It was the best class I've been to in a while. I was so sweaty and sore for days.


Friday was preschool again so Ryder and I got groceries and picked up a few birthday items since Delainey wasn't with us.


Friday was also my birthday so I picked up my free birthday Starbucks drink!


It was such an incredible afternoon that we spent time at the park, did an extra long walk and then hung out in the backyard until Justin came home to make us dinner. :)









Justin made us a delicious rib dinner and we hung out watching the Chicago shows that are back!

Saturday we took a family trip to Home Depot, did things around the house and prepped for a few things happening this week.


That night Debbie came over to have dinner with the kids so we could go out for my birthday. Justin took me to La Brezza for dinner which was a really cute spot {old house turned into a restaurant} and the food was great. The manager came over to our table and said "Carrie Underwood in the house" so obviously he's one of my new favorite people. ;) ha if only.

From there we stopped at the watering hole for another drink and mud pie of course. They hooked us up with a piece as big as my head.


 ^ romper from Frock Box

When we got home in time to put Delainey to bed {a bit late} and then we started watching the movie Neighbor's.

Sunday Justin went riding with Brian and tackled this crazy wall. This photo does not do it justice. It's steep as heck.


We stayed home and did lots of playing, a few birthday party things {I hung a few photo banners already - birthday WEEK for Miss D!} and she was SO excited to see them. It was the cutest.
Justin got home in time to nap with the kids and then we went for a walk when they were all up.


  Her top is c/o The Lucky Pineapple and mine is Live Love North
Perfect afternoon for twirling in the sunshine!






Then we headed over to Leigh & Brian's for turkey dinner. It was delicious. Leigh's Mom is in town and made us {& Brian's Mom} a feast. Ryder tucked away so much turkey and stuffing!
The kids had lots of fun playing too! Thanks again for the invite guys.


We finished watching Neighbor's after the kids were in bed and then I was asleep before my head hit the pillow almost.

Related Posts

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Happy belated birthday! Your date night sounded awesome. I love restaurants that are in old homes - they feel so cozy and intimate! I'm glad you guys got a chance to go out without the kids! I can't wait to see pics from D's birthday party. You always do such a good job with parties!

Leslie said...

Did I see that you are teaching surfset?! If so I need to come for a class. Totally worth the drive :)

Bex said...

Sounds like a perfect week! I want to come to another surf set class! Happy belated birthday again :)