{week + end rewind}

/
6 Comments
 We are home from the lake. I had big plans to blog in the evenings at the lake and then once I was there I had no plans to do that. ;)
We had an amazing week. We left on Tuesday morning - we worked out first thing and then all showered and then packed up the truck. Starbucks for the driver {me!} and the 3 passengers were asleep by Airdrie!


We were lucky and had nice weather all week. One giant rain storm but it was in the evening so didn't affect us at all.


Delainey {& Gramma} spent a lot of time playing "Jungle Beach" {thank you Daniel Tiger} but to her that was collecting rocks and then throwing them in the lake.




Ryder spent his time trying {& successfully} climbing the back side of the slide ladder.




And bee-lining it to eat sand, rocks, grass, pine cones, mud - you name it. He will find it.






He quickly figured out he could stick his hand through the lattice and find dirt. The perfect snack.


There was a Summer Reading kick off with the library at the pavilion one afternoon so we went for the magic show, had popcorn and Delainey did a craft.


Workouts were done on the front lawn with Cruz while Ryder napped and Delainey & Ma played.


We had one really hot day so they spent a lot of time in the pool.




Delainey went for a few Kayak rides with Ma.



And a water craft ride with Pa. She is getting pretty brave!



I took Ryder in to wade around and he proceeded to sit right now. He would have stayed much longer but I was tired of fishing rocks out of his mouth!






We played at the park, went to Nana's for lunch and watched the choo choo EVERY time it passed by.



Spent some time at Thomas's beach since they have a nice gradual sandy beach and shallow sandy water.








Making "cakes" with Pa. She also made real muffins with Ma one morning.


Lots of bike rides and Cruz walks. She is getting much more confident and even glides down some little hills.



We went to the market on Saturday and it was kids day. Delainey got to dig for coins {and then spend her quarter on gummy worms}, have popcorn, lemonade and get a tattoo. There were a bunch of other activities with long line ups so we sat and enjoyed the live music instead. It was a lot of fun and she was excited about her passport.



Cruz has taken to searching for rocks and then trying to drag them in.



Nightly view. 


All in all it was the best week. I just wish Justin was with us too. So thankful to have this beautiful place to escape to with some of my most favorite people.

Related Posts

6 comments:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Sounds so heavenly and relaxing! I hope you packed that good weather home ;)

Ry and his sneaky smile!! He just never stops!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

What a perfect week!! Ry is such a boy lol! The water looks so peaceful. I love shallow beaches with kids, Gull is like that.

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

What an amazing week! It just looks so perfect there! I don't think I'd ever want to leave! Can your parents adopt me?? ;)

Jen Linton said...

Why are our parents houses the best?! Haha I wish I could always go back (and take advantage of the extra help!)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That sounds like the perfect getaway, aside from Justin not being with you guys! I was also up at my parents lake home Wed-Sun and it was wonderful. The weather was good every day except one day so I was pretty much only inside to sleep. Ryder is quite the mover and shaker! I can't believe he figured out how to climb that ladder - that's impressive!

Bex said...

Looks like such a fun week!!