{Frock Box: Take 5}

/
12 Comments

Another month - another Frock Box! {Learn more about it HERE}
I love getting these boxes - they are always fun seeing as I never get to the mall anymore! :) Not that I need anything but still. Let's have a look at what my stylist packed for me this month...

Item #1:
White Tank with Blue Embroidery $44 - Small
I liked this top when first saw it and it's really pretty. It's quite thin material so a little see through so I would want a tank underneath. I thought it was a little long on me and didn't love it with leggings. 



Verdict: Return

Item #2: 
White Floral Swing Skirt $49 - Small
Another swing skirt!! Third month in a row I have been sent a swing skirt. Mini skirt, the red one I kept last month and this long one.
I LOVE the floral print of this one though - SO pretty. It's really nice fabric and hangs nicely. It's too small to wear at my hips and would not hit me at a nice spot even if it did fit at my hips. It would be good for work...and twirls really nicely. ;)




Verdict: Undecided...thoughts?

Item #3:
Beige Pleated Maxi Skirt $39 - Small
Just no. I had no idea what to do with this skirt...it's pleated and longer in the back than the front. The waist band is really thick and the colors together...just no. It also ruffles at the bottom.



Verdict: Hell no.

Item #4:
Blue Plaid Tunic $49 - Small
{It took everything in me not to iron this before taking these photos!!!}
I really love this tunic and it's PERFECT for Stampede! BUT would I wear it if it wasn't Stampede....? It's a really fun plaid and a nice cut - has pockets! It would be really cute belted too with fall boots and scarf to cover the neckline...




Verdict: Undecided,,,thoughts? 

Item #5:
Lara Blush Dot Blouse $49 - Small
I loved this when I first saw it. I am a sucker for lace detail for sure. It's a really pretty style and I love the lace sleeves and bottom detail. So pretty dressed up or with jeans and flats. 
I just really don't love the color on me.




Verdict: Return

There we have it. Now tell me your thoughts on those 2 items - which to keep?

Related Posts

12 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I LOVE the two items you're undecided on {& would also pass on the #1 & 3} but really like #5, too!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love that skirt! The pattern is so pretty and it looks great on you. The other item is cute, too, but doesn't strike me as your style for some reason?

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Keep the swing skirt! I love that style on you :) And think it's great for work too!

Amber said...

The skirt is really really pretty! I think it fits you nicer than the plaid shirt - though belted the plaid shirt would be cute, and it would also be a great fall item with a chunky scarf, skinny jeans and boots! If you would wear the swing skirt regularly I would say KEEP!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

LOVE the floral swing skirt! And assuming you can wear skirts to work, this length is great! And it looks awesome on you :) That maxi skirt?! Ya, what IS that?! Haha! The plaid dress shirt is super cute, but ya, I'm not sure how often I would wear something like that either....although, in the winter it might look really cute with leggings and boots?!

Jen Linton said...

If you don't love it right off the bat then return! And ohhhh hell is that pleated maxi fugly or what

Leigh said...

I like the floral skirt! Would you wear it enough to work? The other items are definitely not keeps!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures Alison. The flower skirt looks really good! I got my first frock box this month and really liked it. A thing that's bothering me now though is that the horrible maxi skirt you got was in someone's Agust 2015 frock box (I saw it somewhere on the web). So that means they resend the items of clothing until someone keeps it, even if it's been a year...

Kaella Carr said...

I like the skirt!!

Bex said...

The swing skirt is awesome! I'd pass on everything else for sure.

Ashley said...

Yes to the floral skirt. What the heck is that pleated skirt... If that is style... I'm out!!! And I don't claim to be a fashionista!! Lol! I do like the pink Lacey shirt!! No to the rest!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

LOVE the floral skirt! I want them to send it to me!!! I keep asking for skirts and they haven't sent me any. It looks so good on you. The shirt dress is nice and I know you would style it well. The fact that it needs to be ironed would be a deal breaker for me though since I'm too lazy to iron.

I love the last shirt on you!! SO pretty!

That maxi skirt is a special kind of ugly. I love your reaction to it- 'hell no'. I'll probably get sent it next month!