{22 Minute Hard Corps}

/
4 Comments

I finished 22 minute Hard Corps a few weeks ago so thought I would share my thoughts.
I was excited about this workout because I love quick and effective workouts and of course a brand new program to try. I was leary as I am not a huge Tony Horton fan - he's the mastermind behind all the P90X workouts and although the workouts themselves are awesome - he just gets under my skin. ;)



The program is based on training techniques used in the military and takes you through a series of total body rounds designed to burn fat and maximize strength gains.
The program is made up of Cardio, Resistance and Core focused workouts.
Cardio 1, Cardio 2, Cardio 3
Resistance 1, Resistance 2, Resistance 3
Core 1, Core 2


PROS:
- Workouts are 22 minutes from start to finish and are a good solid workout. So if you are in a time crunch, a busy person or just like a quick and effective workout these are perfect for you.

- Very inexpensive 8 week program - it's actually one of the cheapest!

- The workouts are hard and I definitely felt them working {you workout 6 day a week .

- No equipment needed for the 3 cardio workouts so you can do these anywhere! For the resistance workouts you can use either a sandbag or dumbbells.

- This program would be great for beginners all the way up to those who workout regularly. There is a modifier to follow and really you choose how hard you push yourself.

- Moves are not confusing at all. They are very basic, boot camp style drills.

- It would be an awesome program to do while you are running/training for a race or in combination with another program like Hammer & Chisel, 21 Day Fix or Focus T25. That's my plan next for sure as I really did like the workouts.

CONS:
- There are only 6 workouts and 2 core workouts. I definitely got tired of them and wished there was a bit more variety. I just don't like doing the same workout twice in 1 week hence why I will be doing a hybrid of this program and another next time.

- Cheesy factor is high. I think that's a given with Tony Horton. BUT with that said he was much more manageable than in the P90X series... ;) But the group huddle at the end and all his cheesy jokes... 8 weeks is too long for that.

This is where I am at 8 months post Ryder after finishing Focus T25 {with Gamma}, Hammer & Chisel and 22 Minute Hard Corps. 




I had goals of gaining muscle definition and I giggle every time I see my bicep flexing photo. hee hee

Along with my workouts I also walk Cruz twice a day {often pushing both kids} and for the month of June went to Surf Set 1-2 times a week.

Overall I think it's a great program and would definitely recommend it. I am also enjoying the sweaty post workout photos my brother sends me as he is doing this program right now.

PS. July has some awesome deals! 3 fantastic programs are on SALE!

Let me know if you want more info!! 

Related Posts

4 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Loved this program too. I do agree that after 8 weeks I'm ready for new workouts or more variety. I'm sharing my post next week!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

You look awesome!! I love the idea of 22 minute workouts! I'd also love to know what "a day in the life food edition" looks like for you :)

Gabriella said...

I loved this program. I did get a little bored with the repetition, but overall great! I have been adding it into my non-running days, and I love the quick and effective workouts! Great job - you look amazing!! :)

Bex said...

Great recap. I haven't done the program start to finish, I just don't think I could handle all the repeating workouts for 8 weeks BUT I do love picking and choosing the workouts here and there.