{week + end rewind}

/
7 Comments
Happy Monday! We had such an awesome weekend, I was sad when it came to an end - except I was SO ready for bed last night. ;)

Rewinding back into the week - Monday I have no idea what we did...:)
Tuesday I was lucky enough to join my nephew Nixon at his preschool. I had fun volunteering and playing with him all morning. He's such a love though, always wanting to snag a cuddle. 


And thank you Crystal for taking my two so I could spend some one on one time with him!


Wednesday we headed over to Bow Cycle to pick up Justin's birthday present {which they didn't have} and since we were there we planned to walk in Bowness park with Cruz and hit up the playground.

Delainey and I both want matching ice cream helmets by the way! :)


 There is a nice new playground that Delainey LOVED and I had to pinky promise we would go back soon for a picnic. Cruz loved the time in the river.






Thursday was a rainy/snowy/hail filled day and we had Intellidance. Delainey is really enjoying this class, it's a lot of fun but {I} miss gymnastics. And Brie & Sully. ;)
Puddle jumping after class.



This kid loves to eat. Anything we have given him he mmmmm's and nomnomnom's the whole time. He is very vocal! Below enjoying peanut butter toast fingers!


Friday thankfully was much nicer and we spent some time in the backyard in the morning before heading to get groceries and downtown to MEC to get Justin's birthday present {they had it}. Delainey loves MEC - all the bikes and canoes!


We had a nice afternoon walk in the ravine and Delainey was most interested in every bug and beetle. She loves bugs! When we got to the top of the ravine Delainey stopped and waved and then said "See ya later ants! Have a good supper. See ya tomorrow guys". In this photo below she is holding an ant. We are working on being gentle. Poor bugs. 


Saturday was Justin's birthday! Delainey was very excited to wish him a happy birthday and sing. He went for a bike ride in the morning with Brian - what a perfect way to spend your birthday!
 Wee worked out, cleaned and made cupcakes while he was gone.
The whole house napped when Justin got home - I watched Grey's Anatomy and had a coffee!


Until this guy joined me of course.


We spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard before Justin and I made a delicious dinner for his birthday - steak, crab, potatoes, asparagus and garlic bread. Justin's favorites. Ryder ate 3 pieces of asparagus and was one happy boy and we could enjoy dinner in peace. ;)


Then we could finally eat the cupcakes! We made Peanut butter brownie cupcakes - we put a mini peanut butter cup in each and made peanut butter chocolate icing. "SO nummy" as Delainey would say. She also said "Uncle Jeff yikes tuptakes too" about 20 times.


Sunday morning we made Justin's favorite breakfast, lazed around and then ran a couple errands. 


That afternoon I met up with some of the "Blog Squad" girls for another workout adventure! 
More on that tomorrow. Spoiler: it was SO awesome!


Then a few of us went for a drink and shared some appies for a late lunch. When I got home Jeff and Jolie were over hanging out in the backyard. 
The rest of the afternoon was spent there too and then we grabbed pizza for dinner as either of us felt like making anything.



After dinner Cruz had one of her "Crazy Cruz" moments where she runs around in circles extra fast like she does after she's just had a bath. Delainey thought it was the funniest thing ever!



Perfect end to the weekend.
Bed time was welcomed by all. Even Justin fell asleep on the couch at 7:30pm {he missed his nap on Sunday}!

Related Posts

7 comments:

Bex said...

What a great week + weekend! I had so much fun at surf set and out for drinks with you ladies. I'm definitely exhausted today!

Leigh said...

Isn't Bowness Park such a great spot? It does get a bit busy on the weekend, but there is so much to explore that you are never stuck in a crowd of people. Delainey is so cute with her love of bugs!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a fun week and weekend!! I'm thinking I will put Niah in gymnastics this fall! He should be ready to follow instructions by then and wait his turn!! lol
That pick if D with the ant - she looks just like you!!! I've been saying that a lot I know, but it's crazy how much she looked like J and now you!!
Happy birthday Justin!!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Jealous of all your great parks! I need to explore more here this summer.
Happy belated birthday Justin! Those cupcakes look awesome. It's Chad's birthday next week and I think I'll make something with pb & chocolate too :)

Jen Linton said...

Mmmm I want that cupcake please.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Those cupcakes sound amazing!! Sounds like Delainey adores her uncle Jeff. :) What a fun weekend. I'm glad the weather got nicer for you after your weird day of rain/snow/hail! Yuck. We had a cold snap, too, but no snow thank goodness. It's warmed up this week and it's so great to see the sun again.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a great week!! We should do a picnic at the Bowness Park sometime this summer- it's such a great playground!

Looks like Justin had a great birthday! Delainey is so cute with everything she says!