{week + end rewind}

/
6 Comments
We had a busy week and great weekend. Let's see if I remember what we were up to...
Monday we had plans to hit up the zoo with Crystal and the kids but it was rainy so they came over for a play date and Crystal brought us coffees so everyone was happy! Well except Nixon appears to not like me taking a photo.


Tuesday we got groceries, ran the ravine a couple times, worked out and my parents and Nana came for dinner.


 
I told Delainey when we first saw a crokus that Great Gran loves flowers and now we always have to look for the purple flowers and she says every time "GG yikes the puple flowers".



Wednesday Ryder had his 6 months check up so we played at the playground in Riley Park afterwards - it's a lot of fun. Until Delainey spotted the outdoor pool and cried endlessly that it was closed. She kept saying "I'm just so sad it's closed". 



We played bubbles in the backyard for a LONG time. Both kids loved it - Ryder watched intently and Delainey chased bubble after bubble.





Thursday we had Intellidance and then more ravine runs and flower watching. We had a big talk about bees vs ants. She loves insects and will touch ants and spiders no problem.



Friday we met up with Leigh {Amelia}, Brie {Sully} & Nicole {Audrey & Leo} for a zoo date. It was a little chilly but we saw lots of animals, the kids had fun and us girls had a change to chat too.






I finished Gamma T25 that afternoon and then we had baths and waited for Daddy to get home!


Saturday morning Justin dropped Delainey & Cruz off at Cystal and Troy's as they were spending the night with them as we had a wedding in Edmonton.
Ryder tagged along and was an awesome traveler - slept almost the whole way. After getting slightly lost we went to Steve & Lindsey's to quickly eat, feed Ryder and get changed for the wedding.


Ryder screamed his face off the entire way to the church {sorry Auntie Jolie who shared the backseat with him!} but thankfully was pretty good during the ceremony.

He fell asleep as soon as we buckled him in his car seat afterwards and had a short nap before I fed him and we dropped him off at our family friends place where he spent the evening.



Funny story: I asked Justin to take this photo of us and said please get my shoes in the photo - he is known for cutting my off at the ankles. And still - this is what I get. ha ha He is blaming my phone. ;)


The reception was at the Edmonton Coutnry Club - very nice and a lovely view.

Sistas! {Justin proved himself with this one}


Family shot!


Candy buffet and red wine. Perfect combo!


Neil & MC - they both looked amazing and SO happy!


 It was a great reception and super fun wedding. The band was amazing. I did get to dance a little but then we headed out to pick up Ryder around 10. I'm sad I missed out on Jolie singing and the poutine midnight snack though! And of course some more time with the family! 
Ryder had a good night too! After a walk in the river valley he took half a bottle after eating his dinner and went to bed well for Marlene! Thank goodness. And then after having a little chat with Nana in the backseat slept until we got to the lake for bed time!

He was awake at 5:15am though...lucky me!




We had breakfast with Mom and Dad before Justin helped them put hoists in and then we hit the road to go pick up Delainey. I sure missed her!



Delainey had a great weekend too - playgrounds, the zoo and her cousins!

Ryder was patiently waiting for his sister to come home to play!




Justin power washed the deck and all our outdoor furniture so now we are ready for summer out there! Delainey helped me with another step to my window pane. Eventually I will get this done!


The afternoon was entirely spent outside and then Justin BBQd us some wings for dinner. We had some races after dinner and it was very clear it was bed time!!


Harems are from Portage and Main - shirts are from Tribe is Alive

Related Posts

6 comments:

Jen Linton said...

I had to miss out on late night wedding shenanigans too when Wes was 5 months old and I went to a friends wedding! Boo. But still fun to get out. Love your dress! And the twinning shirts are my life goal to get haha

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I love your dress at the wedding! So funny about the shoes not in the photo ;)
Those shirts D & Ry are wearing are the best!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

So glad you got to enjoy the wedding and that Ryder managed well without you! :) Too funny about Justin always cutting off your feet! Oooh what are you planning to do with the window frame when it's done?! I'm intrigued!

Ashley said...

I can't get over Ryder's hair haha - soo cute!! Love your dress from the wedding!! Looks like a fun week and weekend! Jealous of your warm weather, hopefully we get some soon! The forecast doesn't look bad and it's above zero... Lol. I have soo many projects I want to get done but snuggling a newborn takes the cake!

Leigh said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun week :) Glad we were able to come to the zoo :) You guys looked fabulous at the wedding!

Erin said...

Your kids are just precious!