{Thursday-ing}

/
6 Comments

This post is coming in late. It was actually titled Wednesday-ing. Clearly that didn't happen.
We've had an awesome week so far. Busy but lots of fun.

{Reading}
Brie is hosting on online book club and I figured this is the best way for me to get back in to reading for ME. As much as I love reading silly books that rhyme, are full of fun pictures and stories and that we have read 84 times I am really excited about this. 


The kids and I headed to the library on Monday to pick up the book and I have already gotten into reading it a few night before bed. Thanks Brie!


{Working Out}
Tuesday we met up with my friend Mandi and her 2 kids for a Mommy Boot Camp with Hot Mama Fitness
It was a special class as it was only a 30 minute workout while the kids played {or stuck close to me if you are my kids!} and then the rest of class was a Easter Egg hunt for the kids and then a kids workout and craft. I was pretty proud of Delainey for busting out some burpees!




 Delainey & Rory


{Thinking}
I'm pretty proud of myself and also disappointed that I have yet to eat any Mini-Eggs. 

{Making Progress}
We've been playing some games and singing silly made up songs about our shadow during sunny afternoon walks. She is having fun crushing her shadow and commented that Cruz's shadow is so fast! :)





I love when she wants to hold my hand during walks and then requests songs to sing or points things out to me. She is getting so big.


{Sleeping}
Oh right. That's not happening. No naps for the eldest and multiple night time pow wows with the youngest. Thank goodness for coffee, workouts and fresh air.

{Park Hopping & Lunching}
Wednesday we met up with Whit and the kids at Edworthy Park {we were so excited it was Spring Break so East could join us}!
We walked to 3 of playgrounds and had a ton of fun.








Then we even braved heading to the Lazy Loaf ad Kettle for lunch. It was so good {those sandwiches - yum!!} and the kids did so awesome. Such a perfect morning.


{Walking}
Delainey doesn't ride in the stroller much anymore. She also loves holding the leash and walking Cruz - giggling the whole time and saying "Tuz no pull".



{Zooing}
Today we headed to the zoo with Crystal and the kids. I thought we were crazy as it's Spring Break for some schools but it wasn't that busy at all and really nice out.





We were able to eat outside which is always a bonus in my books and Delainey walked the whole time. And no that does not mean she napped for more than 10 minutes in the truck on the way home. Sigh. 

The gang!


I hope everyone has an awesome long weekend. I am so excited to Easter festivities with the family and hopefully a little getaway to the mountains.
Don't worry I'll be back tomorrow with ridiculously cute pictures of the kids. ;)

Related Posts

6 comments:

Jen Linton said...

Ooo I'm gonna look into that hot mama workout- and I still need to try out Lazy Loaf!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Aww, I'm so glad you are taking time to read for yourself! Very important in my opinion :) And thanks for the shoutout! :)
Bootcamp sounds like fun! Sometimes I wished I lived more north! Haha!
Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I love the book club idea! I can't keep up with my book club already so didn't join in. Boo.
I haven't had mini eggs yet either! I know once I do it's too hard to stop lol.
Have a great weekend!! Hope that Easter bunny brings you mini eggs!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I joined the book club too! I'm loving the book! Can't wait to discuss it!

I haven't had any mini eggs either... This week ;) I'm sure I'll have a few in the next couple of days but I'm trying to be good. Once I start I can't stop!

Are the evenings still rough with D when she doesn't nap? And quiet time is still a no-go?

The boot camp looked awesome! I'll have to check it out for a Thurs/Friday.

Danielle said...

An online book club is such a cool idea! Heading to check it out right now :)

Bex said...

I finished the book club book last night. Read it over the weekend and LOVED it. Good for you for taking time to read for yourself. It was hard getting back into after Liam because I was just so exhausted at the end of the day all I wanted to do was sleep but then I'd find myself scrolling on my phone instead of sleeping. Replace that phone with a half hour of reading and BAM! Easy to fit it in. :)

I love the hippo picture!! Sounds like you guys had a super fun week. That bootcamp sounds fun!