{Delainey: 2.5 YEARS}

/
8 Comments



2.5 years.
I can't believe she will be THREE in 6 short months. On Wednesday I told her it was her half birthday and she was two and a half now. She replied with "I sing Happy Birthday Uncle Jeff and make he cupcakes!" Clearly half birthdays don't mean anything when you are two.


{weight & height}

24lbs approx. & almost 3'

{Likes}

Being outside
Gymnastics
Daniel Tiger
Painting, coloring and playdough
Baking - aka Chocolate Chips
Kaya & Kitty Kat
Taylor Swift and singing songs
Hide & Seek
Ma & Pa's house
When Daddy gets home
Ryder
Running with Cruz in the ravine
The zoo and playdates
Baths with Ryder
Puzzles and books 



{Dislikes}

Not getting her way
When you say no to snacks before dinner or treats at 7:30am
Being tired
Naps
Getting dressed & having her hair brushed - PURE torture.

{What's new}


Knows her ABCs, Twinkle twinkle and Head & Shoulder songs really well.
Picks out some letters and numbers. 
Counts to 16 on her own terms.
Still does great with potty training and likes to do it all herself so we are working on that. She still doesn't stay completely dry at night and has a handful of times. 
She understands SO much and remembers everything. She shocks me. Except ask he what she did today and her answer is always "I dunno".
Wants to know what everything says when she sees print. 
Getting more and more independent with dressing and undressing.
She's a good little eater when she wants to be. If you ask her what she wants for lunch she always say cheese but helps me pick the dinner menu most nights. 
She loves fish, steak, apples, pizza (Pizzi!), oranges, apple sauce, yogurt, crackers and cheese, pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese. Daddy's fruit bars, chocolate chips, hummus, beans.

{Delainey says}

We were emptying the dishwasher together and she saw her bowls and said "Yay D's bowls all clean" and I said "yes the dishwasher washed them for you" she replied with "aw thank you dishwasher, I love you so much"

We were making Justin's lunch as we always do together and I said "well what do you think Daddy wants for lunch tomorrow?" her reply "chockit chips" {chocolate chips}

We were heading out for a walk after her nap and I asked if she wanted to take a snack. She said yes so I asked if she wanted apple, orange or cracker and said "how bout just a chockit chip. they make D sooooo happy".

"Me do all by self" - I hear this 398 times a day.



We bought a new brush at the dollar store as she saw it and loved it - it's blue and bedazzled. I said we could buy it if she cooperated with Mommy when we brush her hair. She said "okay Mommy". The next morning I got all excited and said we were going to brush her hair with the new brush her reply was {in her best screaming voice} "oh no dat brush is a bad girl just like the red one". Le sigh.

Whenever we hear Ryder wake from his nap on the monitor she runs to see him. She gets her stool and climbs into his crib, unswaddles him {unless he's done it himself" and she says "Good boy Ry, you have nap I soooo proud of you".



I went into her room while she was playing and saw that she had taken off her pants and underwear and was now wearing jammie pants. When she saw me said "I change pants all by self", I replied "you did good job but you aren't wearing underwear", her reply was "nope but it's ok Mommy I soooooo comfy".

During nap time when she kept getting out of her bed over and over I said "Mommy isn't happy right now because you aren't listening" she replied with "oh no that's too bad Mommy".

Ryder was chewing on his hand and Delainey said "oh no Ry no chew on hands, dats no milk"

I came downstairs to find her sitting ON the table. And in my angry Mom voice {ha} said "excuse me what are you doing on the table?" she replied with "I da king of the castle Mommy".

I told her it was time to "head upstairs" for nap time and she said "no just head Mommy D whole body go for nap".

We were making Justin's lunch and putting his Oreos in a baggie. She knows these are Daddy's cookies and always asks for one and I always say no they are for Daddy's lunch and she is always fine with it. One day I said yes she could have one. Her eyes lit up and in a whispering voice she said "shhhh I no tell Daddy I eat his work cookie".


Delainey. I can't even say how much I love each and every day with you. Yes, you challenge me with your no naps and your whine. Oh your whine. BUT you are so funny and sweet and just my most favorite little girl ever. I well up with happy tears pretty much daily with things you say, the way you are so sweet and loving with Ryder and how you out of nowhere say "I wove you SO much". I feel like the luckiest Mama to be yours.
{Have I mentioned I LOVE this age!}

Related Posts

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I went into her room while she was playing and saw that she had taken off her pants and underwear and was now wearing jammie pants. When she saw me said "I change pants all by self", I replied "you did good job but you aren't wearing underwear", her reply was "nope but it's ok Mommy I soooooo comfy".

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That is so awesome!

I can not believe she is almost 3!

Gabriella said...

All of her sayings are hilarious! Such a gorgeous girl, and I love how much she loves Ryder!

Stacy said...

Haha - Oreos are Daddy's cookies in our house too!

Bex said...

Ahaha, I love the Delainey Says part. The best.

Leigh said...

Delainey is such a character :) I love it!

Danielle said...

Oh man, the Delainey Says section should be a regular feature on the blog, so hilarious!!

Christy said...

I love how sassy she is! It's cute!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Awww she is just the sweetest little thing! Today when I told Sully we were going to go to gymnastics, he said "and dewahe"? which I took as "and Delainey?" So sweet. The things she says are so funny!