{I get to be the one}

/
8 Comments

Carolyn shared this song a while back and I meant to share it when I was pregnant too. And then it came to my mind this morning actually. I had Cruz laying beside the couch and I was bouncing Ryder in his chair with one arm. The other was wrapped around Delainey who was fast asleep on top of me.


She woke up just not herself and wanted to cuddle. Before I knew it she was fast asleep on my chest and stayed that way for an hour. I hoped she wasn't coming down with something but in that moment I felt pretty lucky. To be at home with my babies. To be their Mom.



The words to this song are pretty perfect.

 I get to be the one (by JJ Heller)



Well Hello, 

Little baby.
Your eyes have never seen the sun
You should know
Little baby
That I am the lucky one

I get to be the one to hold your hand
I get to be the one.
Through birthdays and broken bones
I'll be there to watch you grow
I get to be the one.
Don't feel alone now,
Little baby.
Do you hear me singing you a song
I can't wait to show you
Little baby
How to crawl
How to walk
And how to run

I get to be the one to hold your hand
I get to be the one.
Through birthdays and broken bones
I'll be there to watch you grow
I get to be the one.
How does someone so small
Hold my heart so tightly
I don't even know you
I love you completely

I get to be the one to hold your hand
I get to be the one.
Through birthdays and broken bones
I'll be there to watch you grow
I get to be the one to hold your hand
I get to be the one.
Through birthdays and broken bones
I'll be there to watch you grow
I get to be the one.


Thank you for sharing Carolyn even if it does make me cry. ;)

Related Posts

8 comments:

Mom said...

Beautiful!!

Leigh said...

Love this! Being a mom is a tough, but so rewarding job!

Gabriella said...

This is so beautiful! And I love that you can be home with your 3 babies!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

So perfect! *teary eyed* but, this is so true. Motherhood is a messy, beautiful one and songs like this are good to hear...ahh they grow up so fast!

Whit said...

Love this, so beautiful. 100% I get to be the lucky one. xox

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing, just downloaded it! :)

Ashley said...

Love JJ Heller!!! Her songs are all soo good! I remember soo many of her songs helping me through our infertility struggle!!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Bawling! Someone once told me to say "I get to..." instead of "I have to..." and your mind set will change. So many things we complain about that many people wish for. We are so lucky for so many things! :)

I'm impressed you had an arm to take the picture!