{weekend rewind}

/
11 Comments
 Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had lots of fun. 

Post workout naked baby. :) He's funny - he's typically great when I workout but lately the last 10 minutes are a struggle for him so I put on the floor beneath me for abs and he thinks it's hilarious. I get the best faces and noises out of him and then that attracts Delainey and then Cruz so everyone is on the yoga mat with me!


It was SO nice out Friday afternoon so we spent some time in the backyard after our walk. Delainey kept wanting to take her coat off it was so nice. And of course search for poop. Oi.


Justin BBQd a delicious steak dinner when he got home and then we caught up on some shows after Delainey went to bed.

This guy waiting for his bed time snack. :)


Saturday Justin had to go into work in the morning for a few hours so I did my workout and then gave the kids a bath {also a workout!}. We were going to go to a "Frozen" event at the market BUT I was mixed up and thought it was at our small market but it was at the Calgary Farmer's Market so I knew it would be a zoo and D {& J!} would probably just be overwhelmed so we opted out of that. I was so bummed.

So we went skating instead since it was so nice out and we wanted Delainey to try her trainer.



We had the rink to ourselves which was nice seeing as Delainey was having no part in the skating fun. She cried and screamed the whole 5 minutes and was all done.


 Justin is getting very good. ;)


 I didn't even have skates on and took a good tumble right by the bench on the snowy ice. I felt fine the rest of the day but woke up yesterday with a very sore collar bone and ribs {more the muscle} and they have just gotten more sore since. I am guessing that's what it's from unless I tweaked something working out but either way I am annoyed and super sore today so will probably have to skip my workout. :(


Nap time for the house while I got ready for Justin's company holiday party that night.


We brought the kids and Cruz up to my parents and got them all settled and then Dad drove us downtown. The party was at Hotel Arts and was so much fun. He works with some awesome people.


The dinner buffet was easily the best buffet we've had. And the mini desserts were too cute not to photograph. They also had pizza for the 11pm snack. Good thing I did some dancing to burn off maybe one of the 3 truffles I ate! ;)


 There was a photo booth where you got the fun old school photo strips. We visited it several times! :)


Thankfully Ryder was good for Mom and Dad - took a bottle and went to bed well too. When we crept in a 1am {WAY past our bedtime} everyone was fast sleep and Ryder didn't wake me up until 4:45am to eat. {We slept over at Mom and Dad's}
Thank you again Mom and Dad - we had such a fun night out and really appreciate it.

We had a low key day after having a yummy French toast breaky with my parents. 
We read books in our fort. Yes even Cruz has to come in.


We popped some popcorn and decided to watch a bit of a movie. We started Minions and thankfully Delainey didn't care to watch for more than 15 minutes cause Justin and I weren't all that into it either.

\

His hand on her leg. So cute.


After naps we took down the Christmas light on the deck while playing outside as it was beautiful out again and there was fresh snow.





 Making her favorite Energy balls. And eating all the chocolate chips she could get her fingers on.



Then it was time for lego, puzzles, coloring, making dinner and then bed!

Related Posts

11 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I hope you are feeling better today! Might need a massage of adjustment! I want to take A skating but I think she will just have a meltdown lol. Maybe we will get brave enough. I love hotel arts, I have stayed there a few times!

Stacy said...

on no - that sucks that she didn't like skating, however Maddy didn't enjoy it either but shes almost 9. Finally after some tears and talking...she gave it a try and liked it...if you read my blog, you will see that we got the kids these training wheels for skates which are really good for their balance. Hopefully next time will be better!

Ashley said...

Ugh that sucks you fell!! Crazy we can't just bounce up like the young ones!! Glad you had a good date night out! Looks like you guys had fun!! Looks like we have more snow than you guys!! Soo over it, even though we just got it this month! Hopefully you feel better soon!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Great weekend!! The holiday party looked like fun! Hope you are feeling better today- the worst when you hurt yourself doing nothing!

Audrey keeps saying she wants to try skating- I'll have to find some skates for her. I imagine it will be similar to D's experience or with J just holding her up the entire time!

Bex said...

Ouch, hope you're feeling better today! I still need to get Liam out skating before it gets cold again. He got skates for Christmas but we haven't been out on them yet.

Hotel Arts is such a nice hotel. Looks like you guys had fun at the party!

Leigh said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Glad you and Justin were able to get out for a night out by yourselves- looks like you had fun! Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon. No fun especially when having to hold kids! What recipe do you use for the energy balls? I tried a new recipe and wasn't super impressed by it

Tawnya Faust said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend (minus the fall-that part sucks). I need to catch up on your blog, I've been horrible at keeping up lately, Instagram is just easier ;)

Jen Linton said...

You guys look great at the party!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

You guys looked so great at the party! I am super impressed that you stayed out until 1! I am TERRIBLE at staying up late, and I don't have interrupted sleep like you do as a mom. I barely made it up until midnight for NYE (and actually fell asleep on the couch around 10:30 and had to be woken up!). I'm glad you guys had a fun night out, though, and it's great that you like his coworkers.

Whit said...

Looks like such an awesome weekend!! :) Easton searches for the random poops from Huck and makes sure not only us, but the neighbours know it's there too! Oi is right. lol Sounds like such an awesome Holiday party... I want in on those desserts! Ps. your parents are amazing!! xox

Katie said...

hope you're feeling better!!! sounds like a fun night out! and i need to make some more of those energy balls before baby comes!