{ALS: It's About Loving Someone}

/
5 Comments

I haven't been able to sit down unless I am feeding Ryder today so his 1 month post will have to wait until tomorrow - again! :) But that's ok. This is a post I am been meaning to publish for days now.

I posted about Kyle on my birthday in 2014 when the Ice Bucket Challenge was going around. Jeff and I worked with him year ago and his brother Justin and best friend Chris were our wedding photographers. 

Kyle had ALS and passed away on the 22nd of November at the age of 33. 
He was the same age as me. Life just isn't fair at times. And ALS is a cruel cruel and ugly disease.

Here's a video [his brother] Justin posted a few days after he passed away. It's a beautiful tribute.


And Chris wrote this post that is also worth reading.

Kyle fought hard and definitely left this world a better place. I don't have the right words to finish this post so just read and watch the above and enjoy your day because we are SO lucky to live it.

Related Posts

5 comments:

Danielle said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I love the blog post you linked to, sounds like he had an amazing attitude and lived life to the fullest. He (and you guys) will be in my thoughts.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh wow. That is so incredibly heart breaking. Life is not just not fair. What a beautiful tribute to his brother. There is a lot of wisdom to absorb from that and it's a great reminder to not take anything for granted and to always remember how lucky we are to have our health.

Whit said...

Goodness... I just bawled my eyes out. I remember your post on him last year. I bawled then. I'm so sad he has passed away and yet he is in a new body one that moves and works. So sad he's so young. :( Really always makes you put things back into perspective. xox Love ya

Kaella Carr said...

That was a beautiful video. I remember this post from last year. It put a face to the Ice Bucket Challenge for me. I'm so sorry to you, and his family, for the loss of the life of the party.

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Oh Alison, I'm so sorry to hear of Kyle's passing. I didn't know his story before now, but thank you for sharing it. This video is beautiful and powerful and what a wonderful tribute to the memory of Kyle.