{Weekend Rewind - LATE!}

/
14 Comments
Nothing like a weekend rewind on Thursday right!? ;)
We got released from the hospital last Thursday around 6pm. We stopped at 3 pharmacies trying to get a hospital grade pump to rent only to find them to be scarce in the north west! We finally gave up and filled my prescriptions, grabbed some dinner and headed HOME!
After calling about 15 more pharmacies we found one to rent and pick up the next day. We vegged on the couch - I pumped with my pump to find my milk had come in - YAY! That night Ryder ate like a champ (we are waking him every 3 hours to eat) - at the hospital he was NOT eating like a champ!
In hind sight I maybe shouldn't have been in such a rush to come home - the night was hard on my body but it was still so nice to be home.

Friday Justin had to go into work - they are so busy right now! In the morning Delainey & Cruz came home - they thankfully stayed with my parents and had a great time as always! Thank you again Mom and Dad!
Delainey had a rough time coming home. It still makes me tear up. It was hard for her (& me) that I couldn't pick her up, carry her, help her with many things I usually could...she gave me the saddest faces and many tears. Insert my tears. Damn c-section. :( 
My Mom and Dad thankfully spent the day with us so they could help distract Delainey when she was upset with me or needed to get out of the house. 
Nana came over for lunch and then Auntie Jolie came over after work.


Auntie snuggles!


Leigh & Amelia stopped by as well as she had a pump part for me to borrow.


Delainey brushing Auntie's hair.


Jeff also arrived after work to meet his new nephew!



She was already warming up to Ryder by the evening. I was so proud of her.


Soon after everyone from my family left Auntie Crystal, Uncle Troy, Emerson and Nixon arrived as well as Gramma Debbie.


Emerson was so sweet holding Ryder!


Saturday morning Delainey woke up asking for cuddles with Ryder.


Saturday we had a lazy day at home. Justin took Delainey out for a while so I could nap.






Delainey and Ryder had their first bath "together".


Jell-o jigglers for dessert before trick or treating!




Delainey was SO excited to go out in her "hoot" costume with Dad.





They went to about 15 houses and she LOVED it! She would throw her owl stuffed animal on the ground to hold open her bag and say 'thanks' at each house.

They came home as her bag was FULL! She racked in the treats.

I stayed home with Ryder and answered the door. We had 36 kids.



Sunday morning "Elsa" walked with Cruz and Daddy. My Mom made this hat for her as she LOVES Elsa and now loves this hat!


I don't know what we did Sunday! ;)


Monday morning Whit came over for newborn photos! I had no expectations for these I just REALLY hoped they would go well. I was blown away how cooperative Delainey was {with the help of fuzzy peaches of course}! Ryder did pretty great too even though he was awake more than we had yet to see!
I just absolutely LOVE the sneak peeks and can't wait to see the rest!


Justin and I just ADORE this shot. Oh boy I love these 2 babes.





Hanging out in bed after nap time!







Monday afternoon we went for our first family walk.


And that's all I got! :)

Related Posts

14 comments:

Bex said...

Awwww mama. What a hard moment with D being upset that you couldn't pick her up. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Rachel and John said...

Love all the baby photos!!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Hope you have a fast recovery!! I've been warned by too many friends too stay as long as possible in the hospital lol. So I intend on milking that ;)
Your pics with Whit are amazing!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Hope you have a fast recovery!! I've been warned by too many friends too stay as long as possible in the hospital lol. So I intend on milking that ;)
Your pics with Whit are amazing!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness that hedgehog sleeper!! Love it!! I remember I came home too soon last time too. Hopefully I won't make that mistake this time!! Does your pump not work well? I thought you had a Medela? Glad D is coming around!! Lots of visitors, which means lots of help? Lol! Love the sneak peeks!!

Leigh said...

You guys have managed to stay pretty darn busy since being home! Glad to hear D has come around to you and that she is adjusting.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am glad that D is adjusting to being a big sister! That is a big change! Ryder is such a beautiful baby! I am glad you have had some extra help from family! Especially since you are recovering from a c section!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

The first little while is tough but it sounds like you guys are all transitioning well!

I'm impressed you were answering the door for trick or treaters and going for walks less than a week after the csection! Remember to take it easy!
The newborn shots are amazing!!

Murdock's mama said...

Again…LOVE the photos!!!

Gabriella said...

Sweet baby snuggles! Looks like Miss D is loving her new little brother. They are precious together! Hope you are healing quickly!

Amie@RunningOnHealthy.com said...

Such a cute costume and the Elsa hat is adorable!! Only 36 kids?! We had over 150! Gah. My dogs HATE halloween lol. I absolutely love the newborn pictures of Mr. Ryder! They turned out so great.

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Mama, you are doing amazing so soon after your section!! Do you feel the recovery is easier the second time around (most people tell me it is, but sometimes I don't believe them :) ) I remember not even being able to stand up straight for the first few weeks! Love, love the photos from Whit. And gosh, your mom is talented!

Jen Linton said...

looks like some GREAT family photos!

Whit said...

Holy smokes those first few days are crazy with visitors. I remember those days and they are some of my favourite. The most sore :( but fav. Looks like you enjoyed it as much as you can with all the pain. Man that little boy is so cute!! xox Can't wait to come back and snuggle! (Hope the pain is WAY better..aka gone)