{weekend rewind}

/
12 Comments
 Happy Monday! Ok this weather we are having this fall is INCREDIBLE. It's so nice to not have to bundle up at all - especially since I have no coats that zip-up comfortably right now. But we were outside this morning in tank tops and this weekend we applied sunscreen! LOVE it.
I don't love this cold I have though or the fact that I was up 78 times last night to use the washroom. I'm tired.

Anyways - rewind back to Wednesday - another beautiful day. These two love our afternoon ravine runs. I have to say, I do as well, even if I can't keep up!


That night Delainey went for a sleepover to Gramma & Grandpa's. Justin and I went for wings and decided to splurge on their mud pie for dessert. I loved the watering hole already but now...it's TRUE love. This photo doesn't do it justice but this is a dinner size plate. The portion was the size of my head. And it cost $7. If I had known about this gem sooner - Justin's weekly dates there with his buddies would most definitely involve him bringing this home to me... We took leftovers home and I am still eating it! Plus it's delicious! :)


Thursday I woke up with this cold! BOO. I had a doctors appointment so it was nice not to have to entertain Miss D the whole time as she was with G&G.
That evening we met up with Whit for our family/maternity photos. Let's just say it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped it would. I honestly look forward to this night all year and it's too bad I have no control over how a toddler and husband will act. Oi. Thankfully Cruz is a pro and Whit is a master photographer and still got some great shots. These first two sneak peeks were after we sent the delinquents back to the truck. ;)





 I LOVE them and cannot wait to see more.
Friday we met up with Nicole (Audrey & Leo) at the market for some play time and coffee.


The kids had a blast and Nicole and I had a good visit. And coffee. ;) I know I already said it. But they have the best coffee.

I wasn't feeling great all day but we got the grocery shopping done and I finished the curtains for the nursery. 
Afternoon adventures!


After our walk Delainey looked at me and said "I go play wit Tuz owside pease Mom". LOVE them.




When Dad got home we did some bike riding on the driveway. She is so good at sitting on the seat now and likes to tuck her feet up for a ride!


Saturday Justin went for his weekly bike ride with Brian. Delainey and I worked on some projects, played outside a lot, made some cream cheese stuffed strawberries for the shower I had that night and did some cleaning.
 That afternoon I left to go help set up for the shower we were throwing for my girlfriend Nicole who eloped in September. 







Toilet paper wedding dresses!


Bubble gum question game!


After the shower us girls and one other friend of Nicole's went to Bonterra's for dinner.
It was incredible, we did a 3 course meal and left beyond stuffed but it did take forever to get our food and we didn't eat our main course until 10pm.

"Jean" also joined us. He is a staple to all stagettes with us girls. He is pretty disappointed that this is his last party. ;)

So fun to celebrate Nicole and her 15 year relationship with Rob even if they did run off and get married without us! ;)


Delainey must have known I was up WAY past my bedtime because she didn't even fuss to get up after Momo woke up and stayed in bed happily until 7:30am. 
As soon as I went to get her I noticed her EARS! And she was giggling like crazy when I noticed. It was SO cute. Justin and Gramma Debbie took her to get her ears pierced while I was out and she was such a big girl! NO tears and didn't even fuss at all. She is over the moon excited about them and loves to look in the mirror and have them cleaned. 
We had tried 3 times before to get them done, only to get turned away as her lobes were too small.


That morning we met my Mom, Dad & Nana at the Corn Maze.



She definitely was a way better age this year and had a permasmile the whole time. She loved everything!


















Picking her pumpkin with Gramma. Such a fun morning.


Post nap walk with Cruz and 'Halloween' of course!



BBQing with Dad and playing with Cruz. She is a stinker and takes Cruz's ball and then run to the back of the deck and sticks it through the railing so Cruz has to go around to get it!


Related Posts

12 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I LOVE the photo of you standing by yourself. Also LOVE that she got her ears pierced {YAY D!!!} And yay for awesome fall weather!!! :)

Bex said...

Such a cute weekend. Your photos are gorgeous, even if it wasn't the best time. SOSOSO Cute about Delainey's ears!! That's so awesome. Seriously, this weather needs to stick around forever!

Jen Linton said...

Hope you're feeling better! Little girls with their ears pierced is one of the cutest things ever!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hope you are feeling better! Being sick while pregnant must be especially rough!

Looks like you guys had a really fun weekend! I am glad that you have had great fall weather. We have, too. I just haven't been able to spend much time enjoying it as my weekends have been packed (albeit with fun things).

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Way to go D, such a brave girl with her new earrings! Sorry photos did not go as planned but you still rocked them!
You always have the best set ups for parties! Insert jealousy here ;)
This weather should just stay for another 6 weeks haha.

Leigh said...

I'm with you on the loving not having to bundle up for walks...so much easier! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures! Is that corn maze down south?

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

I agree - this fall has been AMAZING so far. Will be so hard when winter comes though :( Love her itty bitty earrings - so cute. You look absolutely gorgeous in those photos - can't wait to see more! Which corn maze is this one?

Ashley said...

Jealous of your warm fall!! Ours is seasonal!! Lol! That mud pie looks yummy! I haven't had mud pie in ages!! Love all the pics and can't wait to see more!!! The corn maze looked fun!! I love that your dad is wearing shorts and everyone else is in sweaters and jackets lol! Love that D surprised you with earrings and that she loves them soo much!!

Gabriella said...

Yay for warm fall weather! It has been hot here, too. What a cute shower/stagette for your friend! :) I love the corn maze pictures. Miss D looks like she is having no fun at all! ;) Adorable pierced ears!!

Kaella Carr said...

Awww, I love that she got her ears pierced!!!!

Your maternity photos are stunning (not surprising, you and your family are gorgeous!) I can't wait to see the rest!!!

Katie said...

i can't wait to see more maternity pictures!! and I so wish you could control toddler moods and behaviors better! yeah for a date night and morning alone and for d's ears!! SO cute!!!

Whit said...

Looks like such an awesome weekend!! Congrats to Nicole!!!
I loved that corn maze this year too, the kids get more and more fun each year!!
xox