{weekend rewind}

/
15 Comments
Another weekend in the books that went far too fast. It was a great one as usual though.
Friday morning Justin went riding with Brian - they were calling for flurries but we saw no snow this weekend so they lucked out!
Delainey wanted to do more rock painting. We kept busy while Justin was away by: baking {cookies to send for her sleepover & rice crispy squares as we had marshmallows that needed using}, walking Cruz, working out, Delainey had a bath and I am sure a bunch more.




She asked me to take a photo of her and Cruz. Totally MY daughter. :) Trained her well. And I LOVE this photo now. She looks like such a big girl.


She enjoyed decorating the cookies even though she mainly ate the icing and overdosed on sprinkles.
I also had no white flour in the house so we made them with whole wheat flour. whoops.



We used a cookie cutter my Grandad made out of a soup can that my Nana passed on to me!


After Justin got home and Delainey had her nap we brought Delainey over to Auntie Crystal & Uncle Troy's for a sleepover with them and Emerson & Nixon. 
They had a blast and went to their community Halloween dance!



Delainey slept in the pack&play with Emerson in her room and actually did really well. Emerson said she was up early chatting to her animals and counting though. :)


Thank you again for having her!!
While we were kid free we headed to pick up a mirror I still needed for the nursery and checked out the new Cabela's - nothing special - Bass Pro is way better. We came home to walk Cruz and then hang the mobile and mirror {YAY!!}. We went for dinner at Original Joe's {yes I had poutine}. We were gonna go see a movie too but really I just wanted the popcorn and it's probably frowned upon to lay across 4 seats. So we came home and watched a movie and made our own popcorn.

We had a nice sleep in - I was so happy to see 7:15am when I woke up not 6! After we picked Delainey up we headed straight to the zoo. It was SO quiet! We saw lots of animals out that are usually tough to spot and some being very active. The black bear was at the VERY top of his tree!


These two were total goofs during our snack break.




It was "Halloween's" first trip to the zoo!


Clearly she loves him A LOT!



 Howling like the wolves. Delainey usually throws her head back like Justin but was laughing too hard at this point!


Found her trying on my boots - she couldn't walk!


She requested riding her bike while Justin was doing oil changes on the car and truck. 



Then we hit up the playground and ravine.


Slide races!




She likes to go on little adventures in the grass now which makes the walks extra slow but extra funny when she rolls down the hill. :)


Delainey and mainly Justin made quesadillas for dinner on the BBQ and they were delicious!

Related Posts

15 comments:

Jennifer Golding said...

No ice cream at Cabela's, total fail!

Murdock's mama said...

What a great weekend!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Oh D, you are too cute! And come teach A how to like photos and not say cheese after the fact!
I love the zoo this time of the year, more animals are out and less people!

Jen Linton said...

Haha I love the pic of her in your boots- too cute! PS: I am still looking for them in my size- and on sale. No luck :(

Gabriella said...

I am seriously in love with that beanie your Mom made. She is so talented! And D looks adorable in it! So cute that she requests pictures with Cruz. You taught her well! :)

Ashley said...

Okay D's hair looks super long all of a sudden!! She does look like such a big girl now!! Getting all ready to be a big sister!! I am hoping to do a paint project with Noah this week, but I dread the mess haha. I wish it was summer to do it outside!! Haha. Love the pics of J and D at the zoo!! Too cute!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love the coat she is wearing in the Ravine photos towards the top of the post. I want one in my size! She looks so grown up in it.

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend full of lots of laughter!!

Sara Turner said...

What a great weekend, D looks so adorable in that picture of her and Cruz, I especially love that crocheted hat.

Bex said...

Miss D, cute as always. Sounds like a great weekend. I think I need to make it to the zoo before it snows!

Rachel said...

D is too Adorable! What a nice weekend!

Kaella Carr said...

D is so adorable! I love that photo of her and Cruz. You are getting soooooooo close now!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!! We need a zoo date next time London and I are in Calgary (hopefully more once this marathon training is done haha!)

Whit said...

Looks like a great weekend, so pumped it didn't end up snowing, even though I rearranged all my shoots thanks to David Spence... Insert frown here! lol Meh... weekend off makes me happy! xox

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

I remember when I was pregnant and near the end, we planned to see a movie, but it was sold out or something and I didn't want to see anything else because, yes, let's be honest, I just wanted the popcorn. So I totally went in, bought popcorn and took it home lol. You're right, if you could lay down in the theatre, or at least prop your feet up, that would be way more fun! ;)

Did you see that on Wednesday they are having a special "screening" for inspire and engage members for the new baby giraffe? I'm tempted to go, but I don't know how busy those kinds of things actually get.

Leigh said...

You guys had a fun weekend! Your sugar cookies look good even with whole wheat flour in them. I'll be over if you need to get rid of them ;) Love the pictures of her and Justin being silly at the zoo! So cute :)

Rachel Steck said...

You have the BEST weekends ever!
xoxo
Rachel