{weekend rewind}

/
13 Comments
 Happy Monday! We had an excellent weekend and the weather was seriously perfection! I LOVE warm falls days. They are my favorite.

Rewind back to Thursday - We had gymnastics in the morning which she totally loved. Everything was "no help Mom" which often is hard for me and often she has to settle with a wee bit of help. But she does surprise me and has great balance and coordination. I don't remember what else we did that day!

Coloring with Dad with fun crayons I bought when I was in Ecuador in 2004! :) 




Friday morning after my 33 week check up we headed out to the zoo. It was such a beautiful day!


Right now they have Illuminasia going on with all these lanterns everywhere and it was really neat even during the day when they aren't lit up. We are planning to go to see them at night now too cause she could have cared less about the real animals she just got pumped to see a huge lantern in the distance. And she galloped the WHOLE time we were at the zoo! No walking or stroller!






She chose lunch with the giraffes!


Everything is a beam now too!






Cutest little toes!


After her nap my parents came over for a visit. We took Cruz for a walk and played at the playground.

She loves hanging out on the deck when Justin BBQs for us. Matching hats with Daddy. :)



Being goofy with Daddy.




Saturday morning snuggles. She has realized my tummy makes a great table.


Cereal with Dad - Pretty much her favorite morning activity. :)



Saturday we took a quick trip to Cross Iron mall for a few things and then got ready for the wedding we had in the afternoon. We dropped Delainey off at Gramma's for her sleepover! She had a great time - she ate her weights in pasta for dinner (3 bowls!) AND slept until 7:15am! Stinkers never sleeps that late for us! 

The wedding was great - it was my brother's best friend Scott. They had their ceremony outside in Confederation Park and they totally lucked out on the day. It was so beautiful and HOT! 

Jade looked awesome - her dress and hair were so unique.. and so her.


 Jols & Jeff - the best man.


The family! 


My handsome hubby and I.



Sisters! :)



Jade's side of the family is Mormon so I lucked out on the selection of virgin cocktails! :) 


It was a such a great night. My brother's best man speech was incredible, he really got the whole public speaking gig for the two of us cause he always kills it. I almost pee my pants during the speech multiple times and cried - which equals success right!?
We danced a ton - even my non-dancing hubby was up there a lot - it was awesome!
We left around midnight, right after we shared the midnight snack - which was taco
salads in the mini chip bags! Amazing.


Sunday morning we got to sleep in a little even though Justin left the house around 8am to go riding with his bike boyfriend Brian. ;) {You know you LOVE riding when you go after a night of drinking!!} 


I took my time and picked Delainey up around 9:30am only to drive straight to my parents to drop her off as I had a hair appointment!
She had a great time with them - walked to a new playground, had a picnic and played "gym" in the backyard. Cruz too!




I had a good visit with my cousin who does my hair and we chopped off 2 inches! She also went a little more blond, she never asks what I want anymore cause she knows I will just tell her to do what she thinks! :)

When we got home Delainey and Cruz were pooped so they went for a snooze and then Justin and I layed down when he got home too. We then did some hanging in the nursery and BBQd dinner!
I sure do love weekend. :)

Related Posts

13 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I' can't believe you've got less than 2 months left!

Rachel Steck said...

I love your weekends!
xoxo
Rachel

Ashley said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! Those crayons are too cute!! Love your dress at the wedding and the midnight snack looks pretty yummy!! Can't wait to see your hair! I need to get mine done!! But I want my roots to grow out a bit for my next idea haha.

PriscillaK5 said...

What a great weekend!! Delainey is such a cutie <3 Seems like she's got a super fun and sweet personality...I bet she'd get along great with my son :-) I think they're pretty close in age too, he'll be 2 next month! He's been using my belly as a table as well and sometimes a pillow...I think it's adorable!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

What a fun weekend! I am kinda missing fall back home, seems crazy but true! I cannot believe you are 33 weeks!
You looked awesome at the wedding :)

Leigh said...

I need to get to the zoo before the snow flies and I have to go back to work! You looked fabulous at the wedding. Where did you get your dress from?

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, you had an awesome weekend! Your zoo outing looked like so much fun, especially the picnic by the giraffes. So cute. We had beautiful weather here, too, and I just really really hope that this weather stays around for months!! I know that it is unrealistic to wish for that, but a girl can dream. :)

Jen Linton said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! The best mans speech at the wedding I went to this weekend was the best as well! Laughter + tears= nailed it!

Gabriella said...

Miss D is such a little fashionista! I love all her outfits. You all looked great at the wedding!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

No pic of your new hair?! ;) Sounds like a great weekend! I want to check out the lanterns at night at the zoo too, but I wish our passes worked for it! And I LOVE taco in a bag!! Genius and delicious :)

Bex said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I want to go see the lanterns!!

Whit said...

LOVE her dress, wow, Jade looked incredible. You guys clean up pretty nice too ;) looks like such a fun weekend and D is so cute, as usual! Look at your belly, girl!! So cute! xox

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh wow- we didn't see a quarter of the Iluminasia display at the Zoo!! We will have to make sure we check it out again soon since the kids (&I) enjoyed it!

You looked AMAZING at the wedding!! Your hair!! (I want pregnancy hair all the time!) Sounded like a fun wedding too!! Where was the reception? You saved me a cupcake, right? ;)

I bet Miss D had lots of fun with her grandparents all weekend!! Lucky girl!!