{two}

/
12 Comments
Miss Delainey.
It honestly doesn't feel that long ago that we met you for the very first time.



You were nothing short of perfection even when you surprised us with your little toes by your ears for days and days, your long cone shaped head and smooshed ears!



Daddy changed his very first diaper...



...and we fell in love with those blue eyes of yours.




You were just what our family needed.


And then in the blink of an eye you turned ONE.




We had no idea life would just keep getting better and better with you. 
Your personality. Your excitement. Your giggle and nose crinkle. Your stubbornness right from the get go proved you really were our child. 





We just love life that much more now that you are in it.


And now you are TWO. 


I have no idea where all those days have gone but I cannot imagine life without you. You make every day fun and you complete us in a way we never knew possible.
Being your mommy is the best job - not the easier or the most glamorous most days - but I am so thankful I get to spend so much of my days with you. 
Our job is to teach you but looking back I honestly think you have taught me more than I could have possibly attempted to teach you in your short two years.
The little things about you and that make you YOU are my most favorite. You are strong willed, silly, too smart for your own good and honestly the sweetest girl. We are so proud of you and love you more than you could ever possibly fathom. 
I know life is about to change for both of us but you have always surprised me with changes - going to Gramma's while I am at work, your big girl bed and now "becoming a big girl" and saying goodbye to your soother. So I really think you are going to be the best big sister and will be such a good helper for Mommy. I can't wait to see you in your new role and I am already so proud of you.














Happy Birthday Delainey Brynn. Today, like every day, I am incredibly thankful for you.

Related Posts

12 comments:

Kaella Carr said...

I love everything about this. I feel the same way you do about being a mommy. Some days are tough but I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. Happy Birthday Delainey!! xxx

Bex said...

Oh gosh this was so sweet it made my eyes water! Happy birthday beautiful little peanut!! <333

Auntie Logan said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have so much fun!!

Gabriella said...

She was soooo tiny! A beautiful post for a beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday, Miss D! Hope her day is amazing! :)

Murdock's mama said...

Aww...Happy Birthday Miss Delainey!!! I LOVE that you have the photo of her w/ the frames...I'm SO JEALOUS I didn't think to do that with my kiddos!! :( I hope you have the best day together!!

findingpurehappiness.com said...

She is such a cutie <3 Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!

Whit said...

Awe.. I love this so much. It takes me back to the years we hoped, texted, emailed, prayed and talked about this beautiful baby. AND then she came and it takes me right back to that hospital room and meeting her for the first time and the tears... I can't believe she is two. She is so sweet and silly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DELAINEY!!! We love you SOOOO much and SOOO hope we are there on Saturday when you blow out your candles!! xox

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Happy birthday to Delainey! This was such a sweet and emotional post to read! I'm so glad your wish was granted 2 years ago and that you got to become parents to the sweetest baby girl! I hope she has a super day!!

Ashley said...

I remember being soo excited when I got that text that she had arrived!! Couldn't be happier and man has she turned into such a beautiful little girl!! Blessed!! Hope you guys have a great day celebrating and an even better time at her party!! Happy Birthday Miss D - love Noah, Mike and myself - and Gracie too!!

Katie said...

love this post and love her! more than I love any baby I haven't met :) she is beautiful and wonderful! I can't believe our girls our two!! happy 2nd birthday D!

Leigh said...

Happy birthday sweet Delainey! I hope you girls had a fabulous day together :)

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

Awww such a beautiful post. Happy birthday to sweet Delainey! I especially love that last series of photos in that white dress. Hope you guys have a great weekend celebrating!