{33}

/
17 Comments
Today I turn 33. In 1 week Delainey turns 2. It's funny how I am so much more excited for Delainey's birthday than I am my own. 

I could think of 18 things to buy Delainey but not one thing to add to my birthday wishlist this year. 


I feel incredibly "full" this year. And I don't just mean my belly. My bucket is full and there really isn't anything I need or want.
ok maybe a massage. ;)

My family and friends are happy and healthy. 
Everyone has a job [that needs a job]! 
We have so much support/family living in Calgary that we see often.
My brother just married his girl that we all love to pieces and they live here
Justin and I are closer than ever and so good right now. 
We have 2 incredibly fun girls that fill our home with so much energy and fun.
I have the busiest boy in my belly that we already could not love more.
My heart is SO FULL.


It's interesting the things you think about after having kids and how that changes you. I definitely appreciate my parents more now since having Delainey. Not that I ever took for granted the fact that my brother and I have incredible parents. But you don't realize how much your parents love you until you have one of your own and you experience that kind of love where you would DO ANYTHING for them. 
And you don't realize how much they did for you until you yourself are doing it for a little person day after day too.


I sort of wish you could experience the love you feel after having kids of your own just for a wee second back in the teenage years. I'd like to think I would have done things differently in some ways not actually realizing the full extent of how much parents worry and care about their kids. I've already told Delainey she must always call if she's going to be late or not coming home one night. ;) Gah. Sorry Mom & Dad. 


So I'm not sure where I was going with this post but with it being MY birthday I would like to say a big thank you to my parents. Because without them I wouldn't be living this life that is straight out of my dreams. There were many birthdays that I wished for a baby and many birthdays I didn't know if that would happen. 
And here I am - right where I am meant to be, where I want to be and could not be happier or more thankful.
 So thank YOU both.

Related Posts

17 comments:

Bex said...

Such a sweet post. It's so true, it's hard to understand truly how much our parents do for us until we are in their shoes.

It's going to be a great year for you. Happy birthday! <3

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday beautiful!

Murdock's mama said...

Sweet post! Birthdays {mainly my kids'} always make me so emotional! Happiest of birthdays to you!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Happy Birthday (Day late) we're fellow Libras! :) Hope you had a great birthday!

Jen Linton said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Gabriella said...

Happy Birthday! This was a beautiful post, and I am so happy for you. <3 Hope you have a great birthday!

pjeanne0716 said...

Loved this post <3 I can relate on SO many levels, I will be 33 in 2 weeks and my son turns 2 in 4 weeks! I'm 31 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and also spent many years not knowing if I'd ever be able to have kids. It's amazing how life changes in such amazing ways after you have children of your own...so glad to hear you're in such a wonderful place in your life <3 Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!! :D

Katie said...

love this post! happy birthday sweet friend!

Leigh said...

Love this post! After having Amelia, I wish that we had more family around us. I wish we could do Sunday night dinners that I always took for granted growing up. Hope you had a wonderful birthday friend!

Brie @ A Slice of Brie said...

What a sweet post. I totally agree with what you said about loving our parents even more now…I feel awful sometimes when I think about all the dinners I disgustedly told my mom I wasn't eating ;) I hope you had a wonderful birthday surrounded by your tribe :) :)

Whit said...

Happy Birthday you sweet thing! Awesome post and SOOO true!! You have never felt that throw yourself in front of a bus kinda love until you got a dog.... and had a baby ;) lol Love you xox

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Happy birthday!! I was the same way this year and could not think of anything to ask for :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Happy belated birthday! I am so happy to hear that your heart is full and that you are in love with the life that you are living! That is what we should all strive for. I think it is sweet that you used your birthday post to thank your parents! I don't have kids but I can see how having them gives you a better understanding and deeper appreciation for the love your parents have given you throughout your life and the sacrifices they made. I hope you had a super special day yesterday!!

Geneviève Désy said...

I hope you had a great birthday Alison! So true what you said, gratitude is the key to a happy heart :)

Amber said...

What a sweet post! Love that your heart overflows with gratitude, you are so deserving. Hope you had the most amazing birthday! Also I did not realize you were 33 -- you look awesome!! I seriously thought you were in your late twenties :)

Ashley said...

Don't know how I missed this post, but I live the raw honesty and I'm soo happy to hear you embracing life to the fullest. Everything just has a way of working itself out in its own time!! Glad you had a great birthday! And here's to many more dreams coming true! You deserve it friend!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I came across this post (searching for your NY recaps)- I don't know how I missed it! Love it!! It's so so true and you have such a great attitude about everything!! Even in your darkest times you always looked for the positive! You are a great friend :)