{NYC}

/
14 Comments
Alright - we are home now after 5 amazing days at the lake. And had an awesome day at the Stampede with Whit and the kids too but that will all have to wait until tomorrow.
On to New York City  - because I have already left it WAY too long and have the worse memory ever right now so have to get this on paper!! 
Like my first post said - we took the train from Montgomery to NYC. Hopped in a taxi just as it started to rain and found our condo. Unpacked a little and then went exploring.

Times Square in the rain!


Who do we happen to run into while crossing the street?! Whit and her sister!! Just nuts but so awesome.


We also ran into the Thomas's while in Toys R Us and saw my Uncle Mike when we were on a bus tour!

While in Toys R Us we took Delainey on the Ferris Wheel that was IN the store! Of all the carts we got My Little Pony! :) Delainey enjoyed it except for when it stopped randomly to let people on/off.


Justin LOVED all the enormous lego figures. There was also a HUGE moving dinosaur in the store.


Singing songs with Great Nana in our condo. 



Mom & Dad found a 5 bedroom condo for us to rent plus it had a pull out couch so we had us 3, Mom, Dad, Gran, Nana, Grampa, Grandma Chris plus Jeff and Jolie a few nights all in one condo! :)

View from the condo. 


We hit up a hop on hop off bus tour on our second day. It was a great way to see the city and the tour guides were always very informative and often funny.







Delainey ALWAYS fell asleep on them too. Bonus.


Later that day Mom, Dad, Justin, Delainey & I went for a bike ride in Central Park. While the Grandparents walked it. It was so beautiful and I couldn't get over how big it was.





Delainey fell asleep! :)



Found this awesome LOVE sign on our way back to the condo.


Mom, Nana, Gran, Grampa & I went to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time Broadway show. It was awesome. I LOVED the book and the show was even better. The main character played his part SO well. It was so unique.



The next day we did a walking tour of Soho, Little Italy & China Town. I could definitely have done some major damage shopping in Soho and eaten my weight in Little Italy. I guess I'll have to go back!

Holding hands with GG.





Smart tour guide. Let us stop for a snack in Little Italy. Gelato? Ok.



Once the tour ended we said goodbye to Justin, Mom, Dad, Jeff and Jolie. They went to meet up with a group of people at a pub and then off to the Yankee game with about 40+ friends! I knew Delainey wouldn't sit through the game so we opted not to go.
We went for a little bagel date before nap time.


They totally skimped out on the cream cheese. ;)


Delainey is a great people watcher. Except for the pointing. Tried letting her that was not polite - but people don't seem to mind when you are cute and under 2 :)



Jols & Just at the game.


Puzzles in the condo.


That night Chris picked up dinner for us to have in the condo plus is was my Grampa's birthday!!
Nana & Chris headed out to another Broadway musical, Grampa stayed home to relax and Gran, Delainey and I went out to explore and find some shopping. We failed terribly but managed to find 4 different GAP stores!
It was nice to spend the evening with her though.


The next morning we hopped on another tour bus plus we wanted to take it down to Ground Zero.


Stopped at some street vendors for lunch - hot dogs for us and a smoothie for Miss D.


Checked out the boats and water. 



And then made our way to the Ground Zero Memorial.
There really are no words. It was so moving. They have done a really great job of the memorial and you really just need to see it and be there to experience it. It's so hard to believe it happened.




They have 2 of these reflecting pools with the names of all those lost and they are beautiful. They sit in the same footprints that the 2 World Trade Centers sat and are the largest man made waterfalls in North America. The way the water flows down and into these large dark holes is a powerful reminder of what happened that day.





Inside the memorial there is just SO much to see, read and watch. Some of it really just give you the chills and is so moving even if we didn't know anyone personally. There was A LOT I couldn't watch/listen to. The footage or phone calls from the planes or building to family members was just too much.






That night we went for dinner the 11 of us, plus my Auntie Cathy, Uncle Ken, Rachel, James and  Jolie's parents Ed & Kathy.

The bottle of wine I wished I was drinking.


Happy couple enjoying their mini-moon with their family! :) tee hee


The meal was amazing if only Delainey would sit for longer than 1 minute. She did eat a ton though from my Moms plate and then mine.

After dinner we decided to push our luck a little and try and to go to the top of The Rockefeller Center - Top of the Rock Observation Deck. It was a little foggy but still really cool to see the city from WAY up there! The elevator ride alone was pretty incredible.


Delainey was a total trooper seeing as it was WAY past her bed time.


The next day - our last day - we did a 3 hour island boat tour. It was really pretty, again informative and a different view of the city.



After that - I had 2 requests find the HOPE sign for a photo and get a piece for pizza!


The pizza was just what I wanted and we sat in the hot sun and ate it on the steps on our condo.
In this photo little did we know Delainey was chugging the entire iced tea. She's got some skills.


Then it was time to pack up and have the more torturous taxi ride ever to the airport. It was insanely hot, took almost 2 hours and I thought for sure a couple times I would be sick as I wasn't feeling great after the boat tour. BUT we made it just in time to board the plane!
And then Delainey decided not to sleep the entire flight. Thank goodness for snacks, Gran sitting next to us, her soother and books!
All in all it was such an awesome and memorable trip. I am so thankful to have all that time with so many of the people I LOVE more than anything.

Related Posts

14 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like such an awesome trip!! Love the pic of her sleeping! Looks soo peaceful and I love the hope sign!! That's cool there is a Ferris wheel in the store!! Mike would have love the Lego figurines!! That is one big bottle of wine!! Soo neat that you were all there together!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

This post makes me so nostalgic for trips I have taken to NYC. I just love that city so much. I am impressed that you found a 5 bedroom condo! I did not even think such a thing would exist in a city like NYC where the apartments are so small! That is awesome that you were all able to stay together, though. I haven't been to the 9/11 memorial but I would like to go. I got chills just reading about your experience there and seeing pictures so I can't imagine how emotional it is to see it in person.

Katie said...

what a busy and fun trip! I can't get over how long D's hair is - so pretty! and the picture of her sleeping on the bike ride? too cute!

Leigh said...

You guys did so much stuff! NYC is such an amazing city

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

You guys kept busy!! I want to go back there too and spend more time in Brooklyn. D sounds like she did awesome :-) I would definitely look into a condo when we go again.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

You guys kept busy!! I want to go back there too and spend more time in Brooklyn. D sounds like she did awesome :-) I would definitely look into a condo when we go again.

Jen Linton said...

Eventful trip! I was in a choir in high school (in california) when 9/11 happened and we ended up going to ground zero only a month or so after it happened and sang amazing grace and some other songs just on the side of the road. It was crazy how many passersby joined in or stood and watched!

Nikki said...

Sounds like the trip was great! I am so sad we were not able to meet up like we planned but with #babybigtruck being so sick that was just not going to happen! NEXT TIME!

Gabriella said...

What an amazing trip. You guys saw and did so much! I have yet to go to Ground Zero, but I for sure want to go see it. I don't think I would be able to handle some of the stuff either, but the tribute is amazing. Miss D looks like she had a blast too, and how fun that all your family could be together on this trip!

Brie said...

You guys did and saw a lot! We went to the memorial site too, but we didn't end up going inside but now I wish I had. This post reminds me I should really finish posting my last recap of NY haha! :)

Whit said...

I love it there if only I had as much time as you guys did. What a dream. It looks amazing, and what a treat to do it with your grandparents. wow. that's a trip of a lifetime!! Not to mention the whole fam was there at points, it just looks amazing!! So glad you guys got to do that, ps. my bagel had the same issue.. not nearly enough cream cheese ;) lol xox

Bex said...

What a great trip. It's incredible how much there is to see and do in that city. Just doesn't seem like you can ever have enough time to do it all. You fit in a lot though. Glad Miss D was so good for you guys there. I can imagine it would be hard to truly enjoy the city with a toddler in tow!

Bex said...

What a great trip. It's incredible how much there is to see and do in that city. Just doesn't seem like you can ever have enough time to do it all. You fit in a lot though. Glad Miss D was so good for you guys there. I can imagine it would be hard to truly enjoy the city with a toddler in tow!

Bex said...

What a great trip. It's incredible how much there is to see and do in that city. Just doesn't seem like you can ever have enough time to do it all. You fit in a lot though. Glad Miss D was so good for you guys there. I can imagine it would be hard to truly enjoy the city with a toddler in tow!