{Baby Black Take 2: Week 22 & 23}

/
15 Comments
First of all - thank you for all your sweet comments and texts about our Cruzie girl. She still isn't herself this morning at all. :( So hopefully over the course of the day gets better otherwise we will be visiting her not so favorite place tomorrow.

Onto another week of this little man growing up a storm and that he is.

{I am posting a week behind and playing catch up again - I am 24 weeks now}


shirt c/o Peanut in my belly

How far along: 

22 weeks


23 weeks



Highlights: 
Finally had a message from a doctor who will take me for the remainder of my pregnancy. Who knew it would be so hard to find a doctor willing to take me just because I want to have a VBAC if everything goes well with pregnancy rather than a c-section. {I had a c-section because Delainey was Frank Breech which we found out at the hospital after my water broke}.



Feeling: 
Large. :) My legs feel like tree trunks. Could be all this hot weather and retaining water like last time already.
My feet are always on fire. They don't look swollen but are always burning up. I use a lot of the peppermint cooling lotion from The Body Shop on them and my legs like I did when pregnant with Delainey.
I got sick for the first time on Friday. Boo. I blame Cruz. I woke up not feeling great and then Cruz threw up her breakfast right after I finished my cereal.
The heat is hard on my headaches but fresh air always makes me feel better so I am thankful not to be spending any days in my office right now.
But with all that said - some times of the day I feel ok! :) I really am just thankful for feeling whatever way I am feeling because it means I am pregnant and I wouldn't change that for the world.


Icky & Loving:
As I mentioned at the Stampede Whit and I had the Dole Pineapple Whip - it was amazing. I could eat it every day. So I tried to make my own. It's refreshing but not the same. I looked on Pinetrest and all the recipes on there have heavy cream, coolwhip or sugar added and we were told it was dairy free...so not too sure.



Also loving frozen grapes, blueberries, ice cream and my passion tea lemonade.

What I'm wearing:

 ^ to Stampede

 ^ necklace c/o Emmie Mae Boutique. I wish I had these shorts in every color. I bought them off ebay last summer and they are so comfortable but look like I actually put something nice on . ;)



Workouts: 
Took the whole time I was at the lake off. So in these 2 weeks I logged 10 workouts plus Cruz walks.
PS. 21 Day Fix & Fix Extreme are on sale again this month! So excited about all the people that jumped on the sale last month.

What I'm looking forward to: 
More nursery projects! :) Hate to say it but I just want the nursery painted already so I can REALLY get in there. Sorry Justin. ;) I am also excited/sad/nervous to get Delainey's big girl room transformed. A trip to Ikea is in our near future.



Best moment of the week(s):
Being at the lake
So much movement from this guy. I can't figure his movements out - I feel him very low most of the time but then in the next second I feel him move from one side of my belly to the opposite side. He's busy and I love it.

Related Posts

15 comments:

Living out of Wedlock said...

I love how you style your bump and I love your positive outlook on all the prego symptoms!

Bex said...

You are seriously the best dressed. I want to raid your closet haha.

Jen Linton said...

I wish I were tiny like you so I could pull off some of those looks! My preggo style only consisted of tanks, long sweaters and leggings. NO DRESSES. If I'm pregnant during the summer for my next baby, I will need to do some serious shopping..

Nikki said...

You look great!

Christy said...

Check the 21 Day Fix Facebook page!!! She had a recipe for a pineapple frozen thing that used coconut milk... I don't like coconut so I kinda scrolled on by but I meant to tag you cos I thought it looked like your pineapple thing. I'll go tag you in a minute!

Ps, you look awesome and I'm jealous you just threw up for the first time. I've lost count but I think we're somewhere in the 50-60 range these days

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

I found a great recipe last summer for something similar to Dole Whips that they serve at Disneyland. Honestly, it is pretty close and way healthier! I have always used frozen pineapple as I love it super cold.
Here is the recipe:
1 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 cup almond milk (or skim milk)
1/2-1 tsp. honey or agave.
Blend up in your blender and voila!

Hope you enjoy it!
And you look fabulous by the way!

Ashley said...

I saw a Pinterest recipe that called for coconut milk. I was going to ask how yours turned out!! I need to find passion tea! It's near impossible here!! I actually just ordered a pair of shorts off eBay like those and love them! I may order another pair! Soo comfy and like you said looks dressy! Love your outfit posts!! Glad you are feeling a bit better!! Your belly is def. growing and it looks great!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Who is your Dr now? I can't believe it was so hard to find one that would do a VBAC! Ridiculous!!

Loving your wardrobe!! Do you know where you found those lace shorts? The pair I bought last summer are huge on me now- apparently I lost weight? I wore that exact outfit (lace shorts and coral shirt) for my birthday last year ;)

Your legs do not look like tree trunks! If you fit into your pre-pregnancy shorts still.. I'm sure they look/feel different to you though- my legs do the same thing during pregnancy. I love those patterned shorts you are wearing with your peanut shirt too!

Danielle said...

I'm having the same burning foot issues- they aren't swollen or anything, but they always feel like they are on fire! I ordered the peppermint foot lotion from the Body Shop and it arrived yesterday, so hopefully that will help :)
I have made the pineapple whip before just using full fat coconut milk and pineapple. I've never had the real stuff before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it turned out pretty well I think!
Hoping Cruz feels better soon!!

Amie@RunningOnHealthy.com said...

Our dog isnt feeling well at the moment either :( Sucks!
You have such a great style. That's crazy that she was Frank Breech and you didn't find out until you were at the hospital!! Did they do an ultrasound or were they able to tell by an internal exam? (Sorry if thats too personal... haha don't feel like you have to answer it!) Are you on the wait list for any midwife groups in Calgary? They would be able to probably take you on to do a VBAC and my friend who lives in Calgary got on with a midwife group later on in her pregnancy so it does happen!

Brie said...

A few things: your legs may *feel* like tree trunks, but they sure don't look like them! Seriously, you are in inspiration for pregnant women everywhere! :) And your fashion style/clothing is something to be envied - love all your outfits! How did you make your pineapple whip?? I will have to try something in the vitamix - I never think to use the sorbet setting! Hope Cruz makes a turn around before having to go to the vet :(

Leigh said...

You always have the best outfits! And nice job on workouts!

Kaella Carr said...

Yep, I echo the other ladies, you always look so gorgeous! I love your closet!!

Katie said...

you are just so cute!!! love all your fun shorts!

Gabriella said...

Looking so adorable! And I love all your outfits! I need you to come help me update my wardrobe!! :)