{weekend rewind}

/
18 Comments
We had such an awesome weekend. The weather was amazing for my 4 days off which made it just perfect. This post will be a little photo heavy but what else is new.
Thursday we did some packing, we had gymnastics {Delainey seriously loves it and has zero fear!}, Jolie stopped by for a quick visit and brought me an iced coffee! Delainey had her first sip of coffee - we don't get sweetener in it so her face was pretty much what you'd expect and then she killed herself laughing!

Friday we had our big appointment!!! 


If you didn't see on Instagram {@ourlifeandtimes}... We are having a BOY!! We were both completely blown away in shock but it's the best surprise ever. Seems like almost everyone thought girl. 


The ultrasound was amazing. I seriously wish we could have one weekly. It's just so incredible to watch them flip around and see all their little parts perfectly formed. Our little guy was moving so fast our tech laughed cause she was getting so many blurry photos. :)
 After she got all the necessary measurements she asked if we wanted to know the sex so she let me empty my bladder and then she checked it out but it was clear as day when we got the view we needed to make that call! So funny.


Immediately after the appointment Justin had to head to work and I went to grab Cruz and then we headed to Whit's. 
I had a vision but not a clear vision as to what we were going to do. Obviously with a dog and 20 month old we had to be flexible but Whit got some great shots as always and really they are just perfect.





Cruz was thrilled she got to eat an entire cone and Delainey really didn't want to eat the blue ice cream she wanted pink! :)


Whit made us lunch and then afterwards we all enjoyed an ice cream cone.


Delainey and Finley showed us how to really eat a cone!




Thank you again Whit for taking these photos for us. They are priceless and mean a lot to me.

Saturday morning Justin left bright and early to go riding with Brian. So after Delainey's morning nap and my workout we spent the afternoon outside - got the pool out and had lunch outside. 






Delainey accepted the fact that she has to share the pool.


A little frozen yogurt before nap time.



Justin had an awesome and long {22km} ride.




Saturday evening we went over to Crystal and Troy's to have a {surprise} dinner for Gramma Debbie's 60th  birthday. She thought she was babysitting! :)

Silly Emerson & Nixon!


Puzzles with the 3 kids.


Tried getting a photo of Gramma with her Grand kids... Emerson looked perfect in all of them. Debbie's eyes were closed in all but these. Nixon was starring at Delainey in most as Delainey was screaming in most. ;)



We ordered Chinese and got an DQ ice cream cake to keep it simple and delicious.

Sunday morning I had a hair appointment with my cousin. I got to quickly see Jeff and Jolie as she had the appointment before me and then they were off to the airport for NY! SO exciting!!

While I was gone Justin and the girls vacuumed and cleaned the floors! Justin found Delainey sitting in our room with my brush brushing her hair. :)



Cuddles and snacks with Cruz.


When I got home we made smoothies for lunch and then hit the backyard!
We ran through the sprinkler for the first time which she wasn't sure of on her own but was excited about it with us.








Cruz is afraid of our patio umbrella so she hid behind the couch between the couch and railing while I sat in the sun while D and J napped. Silly dog.


Justin made us a delicious Beer Butt Chicken for dinner on the BBQ. It was so juicy and flavorful, I already can't wait for leftovers.

After dinner Delainey decided to give Cruz all her play food...



Patiently waiting for more!


This weekend we also watched episode after episode of Suits. Obsessed.

Related Posts

18 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay a boy!! Congrats to you all!

Bex said...

Ugh - my first comment disappeared!!

I love the gender reveal photos. Such a fun idea. I love your outfit also.

So sweet of D to share her food with cruz. Love it. sounds like a great weekend

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

So happy for you two. Love the photos! Great idea :) A boy will be so much fun!! And bossy older sisters are the best ;)
It was such a nice weekend for being outside, I hope that trend continues. Love your sprinkler photos, A hates it right now, hopefully that changes.

Rachel Steck said...

These are some of the best pictures ever! It's clear how much Cruz loves her little sister, so patient. There was certainly a lot of ice cream eating this past weekend! Not that anyone minded I'm sure...
xoxo
Rachel

Christy said...

Looks like a fun weekend!!! I think it's so cute Delainey didn't want to eat the blue ice cream!

Congrats again on your little boy! I can't wait to see him :)

Murdock's mama said...

What an awesome weekend! Still so excited for you guys!!

Tawnya Faust said...

I'm still so excited for you :) I can't wait to find out what we're having. I'm seriously questioning my intuition now because everyone is having boys!! I love how you announced it, I'm thinking about doing that for my family and just putting the photos in an envelope for them :)

Sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend! The weather was so perfect!

Gabriella said...

I love the pictures so much! A little boy.....GAH!!!! :) I can't wait to see these siblings in action! Those sprinkler pictures are so fun. And I know I always say this, but Cruz is just the best!

Amanda Klein said...

Loving that ice cream announcement! So creative and perfect for almost-summer!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh my goodness! A boy! Congrats!! That is so exciting :) I'm so happy for you guys!!

Kaella Carr said...

Yay a boy! Congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you that baby is healthy and you are starting to feel better (I hope!) I love the reveal photos!!!!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Boy boy boy boy boy!!! Omg so stinking pumped you are having a boy. I just love that photo of you running through the sprinkler with D---print & frame!! Oh it's perfect. You look so good. What a great weekend!

Leigh said...

Love how the announcement pictures turned out - such a perfect idea for you guys! It was such a fabulous weekend to be outside in the sunshine.

Amber said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I saw your reveal on instagram -- so cute! Love how you perfectly colour coordinated your top too :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

The gender reveal was perfect!! I love your outfit! Yay for a boy!! I can't believe how many people thought girl!

Love that you surprised Gramma Debbie for her birthday! It's impossible taking group kid pictures!

So much yummy food and ice cream on the weekend for you! J is on a cleanse so no fun food/treats for us :(

You must be leaving quick for NY!!

Ashley said...

Love the gender reveal pics!! And soo excited for you to have a boy!! Sounds like an awesome weekend!! Love the pics of D brushing her hair! Such a little diva ahaha! Ok I need to take a pic of your hair to my hair dresser and tell her to cut it like yours! It always looks soo awesome!!

Whit said...

Looks like such a great weekend and the weather, I mean come on!!! So awesome!! Still shocked you two are having a boy and so excited for you guys!! xox

Nikki said...

YAY YAY YAY BOY BOY BOY!!!! SOOOOOOO exciting!