{weekend rewind}

/
14 Comments
Happy Monday! :) We are HOME. We had such an incredible trip and even though there was still so much I wanted to see I was ready to come home to Cruzie and get back into routine. Just means I will have to go back! :)
I am so thankful for the trip we had though. We will never again get to go on a trip like that - to celebrate 2 of my most favorite people with my parents and 4 grandparents. I will be breaking the trip down into a couple post as there is just too much to share!

We got home late Friday night after an extremely long day but we were greeted by Cruzie at the door which made it all ok!
Thank you again to Crystal, Troy and the kids for taking such good care of her while we were away.
Delainey sure missed her sister and gave her lots of kisses all weekend.


I was so glad we came home Friday night and had the weekend to unwind - we did nothing! 
And it was glorious. Delainey was a total star and bounced right back to Calgary time and back into routine and even took 2 good naps a day.

 Saturday I did all the laundry, Justin mowed the lawn and we mainly just relaxed, played with all Delainey's toys she missed so much and Cruz of course!
Happy girl in her ravine.


 We did venture out to get groceries as the house was empty. 
We came home with not only a cart full of groceries but brother and sister deck chairs and a toy lawn mower. You can thank Justin for those additions. :)


Saturday night D and J BBQ's ribs for dinner. Delainey helped Justin the whole time - just sitting in her chair (though she prefers the blue!) and throwing the ball for Cruz. Made my prep go way easier!

 Sunday we celebrated Father's Day! A huge shout out to Justin and my amazing Dad. They are 2 of the best men I know and we are so lucky to have them in our life and get to call them Dad and Grandpa. We love you 2 so so much.



Justin hoped to go for a bike with Brian on Sunday but it rained most of the night so it was pretty wet. We were happy to have him home with us anyways so D and I made him his breakfast of choice and we hung out!
Father's Day post nap couch nap/snuggle.


We attempted another bike ride. Girlfriend is on a no bike streak. She gets so excited to go out there and put her helmet on and then pouts and says no. Sigh.


So we spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard "mowing the lawn" and playing ball.





Her cute Father's Day shirt. Says "Daddy is my Super Hero and I'm his biggest fan". 

{I got is from Next - it's a company from the UK but they have a Canadian site - prices are what you pay, free shipping over $40 and it arrived on my door step 48 hours after I placed the order! They have adorable clothes and we got Delainey's big girl bed bedding from there too. Plus it's VERY reasonable. You are welcome.}




Justin BBQ delicious steaks for dinner and I did the rest of the fixings. Delainey ate her weight in dinner both nights we've been home after not being the best eater to say the least while we were away.

This weekend we also finished the last season of Suits {pout} and started watching True Detective. I am not sold on it yet but we will give it a go. I really like both actors so it should pick up!


And that's a wrap! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend and week we were away.

Related Posts

14 comments:

Bex said...

Can't wait to read about your trip! Love that super hero shirt. I'm willing myself NOT to click the link!

Rumour has it the next season of Suits starts on WEDNESDAY!!!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Cannot wait to read your recaps! And way to go D!!
Oh toddlers, one day they live something the next it's evil lol.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Cannot wait to read your recaps! And way to go D!!
Oh toddlers, one day they live something the next it's evil lol.

Murdock's mama said...

Yay...you're home!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

Christy said...

Glad you guys had a blast in NYC!!! Those lawn chairs are so cute! I'm totally checking out those shirts, I have to get one!

Jen Linton said...

I'm afraid for my wallet to check out that Next site....
Yes, give True Detective some time. The first few episodes are slow as heck! I'm hoping season 2 is good, too!

Rachel Steck said...

Glad you are all home safe and sound - and back to Miss Cruz!!! What a wonderful trip - I can't wait to see photos of the wedding and your adventures in NYC.
xoxo
Rachel

Ashley said...

Glad you guys made it home safely and cannot wait to hear all about your trip and see pics!!! NYC is on my bucket list! Noah has the same lawnmower and love it!! Those chairs are soo cute!!

Kaella Carr said...

I can't wait to read all about your trip!!!!

Also, London goes through bike-strikes all the time! We are currently on one. I picked up a chariot and am hoping he likes being pulled around so we can get some fresh air! (our yard isn't finished yet and we live on a busy street so I don't like just hanging around on the sidewalk.)

That shirt is ADORABLE! Darn you and your online shopping suggestions ;)

Danielle said...

I'm glad your trip was awesome, can't wait to hear more about it! Also, those lawn chairs are so super cute, love them!

Leigh said...

Cruz looks so excited to have you guys home! Love the lawn chairs...so cute! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Sounds like the perfect end to a vacation! Always need a couple days to unwind! Yay for being back with Cruz!! Love D giving her all the kisses!

You get so many good photos of J and D!

The matching chairs are the best! I need to get another one since A and L fight over it!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip to NY and to see more pictures! I am glad you guys had a great trip! I can see why it was great to get home, though. I am sure it was great to have a weekend to get settled back in at home!

Gabriella said...

Welcome home!! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding and trip. Those chairs are adorable! Glad you had a relaxing weekend back!