{weekend rewind}

/
9 Comments

 Happy Monday!

We had such a great weekend - actually I had a great 5 days off really. 
Wednesday Delainey and I went to the zoo with Whit and the kids. You'd think our children would have been happy being at one of the best places in Calgary but at least one was whining all morning long, it was a game of tag they were playing. Good thing they are cute and we love them to death. ;)



We sat and watching the hippos for quite a while - they were so active and showing off their flips!


We spent the afternoon in the backyard which is always a hit with not only Delainey {who don't tell her Dad but she was watering the dandy lions as I was pulling them out!}


 ...but with this one too.


Working out with me!


Thursday I had a doctors appointment, got groceries and went to gymnastics.

Friday we stayed in as I wasn't feeling too hot by late morning and then Gramma Debbie came for dinner and we sang Happy Birthday to Cruz 38 times. :)

 Saturday morning shenanigans! Helping Cruz talk on the phone - Cruz couldn't be bothered to look up even.


Chasing Cruz around the house!


Saturday morning we talked about running some errands so Delainey went and got Daddy's shoes and even put them on for him!



Sitting on Cruz is one of her favorite things. Thank goodness for Cruz and her patience.


Saturday evening we had Blake and Karen over for a BBQ. We had a great visit and I got some cuddles from Mr. Marcus while he ate. He is so cute and getting so big!



Sunday morning Justin had hoped to go for a bike ride but then asked if I felt up for going for a family hike instead! 
So we headed out to Bragg Creek and did an 8km hike. 


Delainey is such a good hiker! She never complains in the backpack.


Made it to the top!


Snack time with my mini (in our matching Muladhara leggsings!) and my lopsided bump. ;)
This baby seems to love this same spot Delainey did.








Delainey pointed to every orange "sign" to keep us on track!


 Cruz made it her mission on the hike to lay in every muddly/swampy "creek" bed along the way. Needless to say she needed a swim in Allen Bill Pond at the bottom!

Justin was showing D how to throw rock and Cruz chased them.



Such a great way to spend the morning.

We - meaning me - had hoped to stop in Cochrane for ice cream but seeing as we had a stinky wet dog on our hands we opted for ice cream on the deck. 



While the rest of the house napped I made scones for my snack week at work and layed in the sun.


We spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard. Perfection!



Cheers - I even had a non-alcoholic beer in the sunshine. Even though Justin's grapefruit beer would have been WAY better this totally hit the spot.


Justin BBQ'd us a delicious rib dinner and just like that the weekend was over. :(

Related Posts

9 comments:

Bex said...

Sounds like a beautiful weekend. I'm still sad it didn't work out for you to join us for lunch. We talked about planning a get together for summer so hopefully we will see you soon!!

xo

Murdock's mama said...

What an awesome weekend!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I say this every time you post your hikes to Bragg Creek that I want to plan to get there but it is true! On my summer list now :)
I love being able to spend so much time outside now, makes those whiny days a bit better!
What type of grapefruit beer did J have? I am not a beery drinker but just had a new Rickards one that was really good!

Ashley said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend!! Look at that bump!! Soo cute!! Did you buy a seasons pass to the zoo! I just bought one today for Noah for the zoo I found close to here! Noah loved it! We had a rainy weekend. I look forward to getting back into laying out!! Looks like the warm weather is here to stay, aside from today and yesterday haha.
Happy Monday!

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I bet the kids weren't whining at the zoo and it was you and Whit ;) haha. The dandelions are terrible in our yard this year too. Harley likes to eat them...strange dog! Looks like a nice trail for the hike- maybe we'll try that one next :) ps- nice sweater :)

Amber said...

The photos of you and Delainey on your hike are sooo cute! Love your matching leggings. Looks like an awesome weekend. I've always wondered how non-alcoholic beer tastes, I've just never had a reason to drink the NA stuff before ;)

Gabriella said...

What a fun weekend! I can't get over how cute Cruz and Delainey are together. Sweetest friends! Look at Miss D and the beachbody coach in training with her weights! :) Love your bump!

Jen Linton said...

Oooh must go to Bragg creek to hike! I need to test out this baby carrier. Have Justin try the Stanley Park Sunsetter Peach Ale...it's SO good!

Whit said...

I have to get some info on hikes from you. I love Bragg Creek so hanging out there or in Canmore is IDEAL in my mind for a Sat morning! Sounds like an awesome weekend!! Ps. The zoo, even if they are whining back and forth is always nice to hang with you. xox