{Delainey: 19 & 20 months}

/
14 Comments
I swear time flies when you have kids. Man alive. I want to pause so many moments, honestly the ages just get better and better. Pretty sure I will eventually get to a point where I will say I wish you were 20 months old again when she's at a really tough stage! :) We have SO much fun with her though and even if she is the queen of Whine City some days - all the other moments make up for it. Sometimes when she comes up for a quick kiss I just have to squeeze her cause I can't get over how much I love this little person.

{weight & length}
19lbs
33 inches
Long & lean the nurse called her at her 18 months shots {they were late}. :) She's got a good belly on her though!


{eating}
Loves food. She is always asking for a "nack". Tries her hardest to open the fridge, freezer or pantry and loses her mind when you say no to a "nack".
She eats like such a kid now not a baby and it boggles my mind seeing her eat a sandwich or feed herself soup. Loves meat and pasta.
She LOVES smoothies.




She has 12 teeth right now - I think, Getting in her mouth is a task in itself - 11 for sure. I almost lost a finger trying to check last night.

{likes}
Bikes videos.
Playing outside, her water table, slides.
Running around the house. Especially if Cruz chases her.
Gymnastic class.
Watering plants.



Reading books. Looking at videos and photos on our phone.





Feeding Cruz.
Letting Cruz out of her kennel in the morning.
Mainly anything with Cruz.


{dislikes}
5pm
When I get her dressed or change her diaper.
No snack time.
The word no in general.
When you want to switch her shoes or have her wear a pair she doesn't want to wear...oi.


{big sister role}
We have bought her big girl bed and twin mattress and I just LOVE it. It's exactly what I pictured but couldn't find one that wasn't way too expensive. Then when we were mattress shopping - there just happened to be the perfect bed on a crazy sale. So Justin went back the next day and surprised me with it - he also talked the guy in to a great deal on her mattress. So we have been having fun looking for/agreeing on a duvet cover. We also bought her a monkey sleep clock like her cousin had. And have been chatting about our loose plans for moving her over into her new bed along with potty training possibly in late summer while I am on holidays but obviously we will not push her and we are in no rush.
* When she goes #2 and we are at home (she has done it for Gramma Debbie) she will go pull out her change pad, get a diaper and her wipes and will lay down. :)


{words}
Has started stringing a few words together.
"Cruz where you" "ok lets go" Cruz no no no" I really should write more down. Lots of words and copying what we say all the time. She also seems to speak fluent Chinese ALL DAY LONG and is shocked we don't understand. 


{what's new}
She has started playing on her belly while in the bath and kicking and blowing bubbles. Cutest thing ever.
Moved up to size 3 diapers finally!
Sleeps from 7pm - 6am every night. Still naps in the morning but sometimes we skip it or she doesn't sleep long. She still sleep on average 45min-2 hours around 12:30 or 1pm every afternoon.
Pretty much too smart for her own good.


We love you peanut. xo

Related Posts

14 comments:

Ashley said...

She is just soo cute!! Can't wait to see her new bed!!
When you put her down do you rock her or just lay her down? We are working on the just laying down part and it's hit or miss! In all honesty I prefer rocking in the chair haha.

Love all her words! Chatty little lady! Noah speaks his own language for sure! Today has been a trialing day with not understanding no. I hope he figures out this word soon! He also thought patting other kids on the head was fun, granted they all thought he was hitting! Phases.... Haha. Sounds like she is getting ready for potty training!! Can't believe all those teeth!

Rachel Steck said...

She's such a doll, I love her so much. Can't wait to see pics of her big girl bed!
xoxo
Rachel

Gabriella said...

She is too much! That sweet face, and her crinkle nose smile!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Ack, she is too darn cute! This age is so much fun, even with their crazy little attitudes!
Avery is not a bread fan! She will eat it but prefer the contents - how is this my kid?! lol
D is long & lean! I think A is 30" but she had a fit when we tried to measure her (but not for her shots - so weird) so we had to estimate!
What type of bed did you get her? I am eyeing up the Hemnes Daybed from Ikea right now. I had a daybed as a kid and loved it.We are hoping to make the switch around her birthday, thinking we will test out the "big girl" bed thing in Hawaii/
Is it not too cute to hear them strong words together? My current favourite is "no, thank you Mommy" which is more like NO fank you MomMY. lol.

Katie said...

she is adorable!! addi is so little too but has quite the nice belly :) and yeah for a big girl bed! i'm scared to even think about that transition!!!

Jen Linton said...

Well she wouldn't be a girl if she didn't fuss over her shoes!!! And now that I have a kid, I'm actually paying attention to the height/weight updates...and ummmm Wes is already 13.5 lbs and he's not even 2 months. Woof!

Brie said...

Ahh can't wait to see her new big girl bed! Sounds like D and Sully have a lot of the same dislikes lol. Diaper changes and getting dressed (especially after a bath) are the worst!! Sad we missed you at lunch last weekend, we'll have to plan a big blogger get together in the next little while :)

Bex said...

So cute! I just lover all her hair.
Good luck with the big girl bed transition and potty training. I so wish Liam would get on the potty training train (heh) but it's just not happening. I know boys take longer and he will do it when he's ready but IM so ready, haha.

Carolyn said...

What a little cutie!! Weston loves snacks too, but his favorite thing to ask for lately is "wah" (water). ALL DAY LONG. HAHA Weston loves soup, but I'm too big of a chicken to give him his own bowl. How messy is that?!?!

Whit said...

She's so cute!! Love her. xox

Amie@RunningOnHealthy.com said...

She is just the sweetest little girl!!

Leigh said...

Gah, she's growing up so quickly!

Janna Renee said...

Sounds like she may be ready to potty train! She is absolutely precious and is going to be such a good big sister ;) Time really has flown.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

She is too cute for words! I just really can not believe she is almost 2, though! Still seems like it wasn't that long ago that you were pregnant with her and then introducing her to us! I feel the same way about my nieces and nephews. It scares me how fast time flies!!