{Baby Black Take 2: Week 17}

/
13 Comments
Another week flew by - I swear I just did one of these posts. Despite the icky feeling that I am hoping will take a back seat the last half of this pregnancy - I really love being pregnant. With this being our last pregnancy I am really trying to savor every moment with this baby inside. I am so thankful and excited this is happening again for us.


How far along: 
17 weeks
{I am posting a week behind - I am 18 weeks now}




Highlights: 
Having way more energy and starting to feel a bit better this past weekend.
Hearing the heartbeat at our doctors appointment.
{Even though it took a LONG time for him to find it and I started to seriously panic. Our doctor knows me well and he looked up to tell me not to worry just as soon as my eyes started to swell with tears. Thank goodness this little bugger was just tucked behind my pelvic bone and was a little tricky to find. Hearing that sound made it worth the stress - kinda. ;)



Feeling: 
I am thankful to say there was been some improvement.


Wednesday when I saw Whit she gave me a bottle of peppermint oil for my headaches - knock on wood - I really think it helps. I just put a wee bit on my temples and they are much less intense as they have been. Thank you again Whit.

Then on Thursday at our appointment my doctor gave me a prescription for Diclectin. He said to play around with the dose taking 1-3 pills a day.


Friday I took 1 first thing and felt ok until around 9:30 and then quickly realized I had to cancel plans as we were not leaving the house. Not sure if it was the drug or something that upset my tummy but I did not feel well and was very quite dizzy & fuzzy feeling.
Saturday I reluctantly took another first thing again and felt pretty good all morning, started to feel my typical grossness around noon so took another and then felt like a slug the rest of the day. Could hardly keep my eyes open and just felt foggy.
Sunday I went back to just the one first thing and felt pretty good all morning. Again started to feel my typical yuck in the afternoon but it wasn't nearly as bad.
So for now I will stick with 1 in the morning. I figure if I can at least feel ok in the morning...I will take it for now. Maybe on Thursday when I am not working, I'll try taking half a pill later in the day to see if I can feel ok in the afternoon/evening...
I just want to feel good ALL DAY long on June 13. :)


shirt c/o

Icky & Loving:
Again nothing I can't eat - I make eggs on the weekends and just don't make J and I scrambled. I'll do Delainey an egg in a mug but make us Sunny Side up.
Loving fruits. I went through a bags of pears in 4 days. Cucumbers are still up there, I could eat a whole cucumber a day.

What I'm wearing:
Pretty much all maternity pants. Maxi skirts! I TOTALLY forgot about maxi skirts.



I had probably 6 people at work tell me I popped over the weekend! And one of our very few male staff members walked into the staff room yesterday and said "holy shit I didn't even know you were pregnant!"

Workouts:


6 including the hike on Sunday and all our walks.
Loving the 21 day fix and extreme workouts! I even had the energy to do Dirty 30 on the weekend - one of my favs!

What I'm looking forward to: 
FRIDAY. Finding out the gender. I'm dying with excitement. Especially after chatting with Whit about some gender reveal photo ideas with Delainey & Cruz. :)



Best moment of the week: 
Our hike on Sunday. I always feel my best when I am outside and especially this past Sunday. I had energy and wasn't feel too awful and we had sunscreen on which means we had SUN!

Related Posts

13 comments:

Tawnya Faust said...

Yay for finding out!! I can't wait to hear!! :) Ugh my last doctors appointment my doctor couldn't find the heartbeat... I wasn't quite 13 weeks though and I had just seen baby on an US 4 days earlier... and I think I've been feeling movements quite a bit. Still a little stressful though, I'm just trying not to think about it.

Leigh said...

That must have been a scary moment, but so glad baby was just playing hide and seek :) hopefully the pills help once you find the right combo. And can't wait to hear what baby is! Besides a baby of course ;)

Christy said...

you are stunning! it takes a little while to get used to the diclectin sleepiness but you will! I take two before bed and then one in the am and one in the afternoon if I need it. My OB said its time release so taking it at night can help in the morning.

I can't believe you're 18 weeks already! time is flying! when is your anatomy scan??

Rachel Steck said...

Come on Friday! #teampink
The wedding is next weekend! Wow! How exciting. I hope you feel great that weekend and have a wonderful time. I can't wait to see pics.
xoxo
Rachel

Ashley said...

Soo glad you are getting some relief now! I actually just bought an oil kit because those difference lavender has made on my allergies is unreal! I believe haha. Even if it does seem hokey pokey to me lol. Soo glad baby was okay. I loved having my Doppler at home, it always gave me soo much peace of mind! I could maybe send mine out for you to borrow? Can't wait to find out!!

Carolyn said...

EEK! We both find out this week! :) EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look great mama, hopefully you start to feel better!!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I swear you just did a weekly post too! lol. This week!!! Woot woot, so excited for you guys. I tried Diclectin too (I had very minor morning sickness from weeks 6-9 so did not need it but tried it) and it made me so much worse. It was the only day I had to go home from work. I hope you feel betetr really soon! Oh and peppermint still helps me a ton with my headaches, I had a roller stick from Sage I love.

Bex said...

Haha I feel like I JUST read your last weekly post. How time flies! Can't wait to see the gender reveal pics!

Mom and Dad said...

Can't wait to see what you and Whit have planned for the reveal BUT we get info priority and want to know immediately!!! Please:)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Silly babe hiding! So scary when that happens- it happened a couple times with A.

You have definitely popped! I need to remember to pull out my maxis too!

So happy to hear the peppermint oil is helping your headaches. I've heard that diclectin dosing usually needs to be played around with.

2 days!!!! I can't wait!!!

Gabriella said...

Happy to hear you are finally getting some relief! Hope it stays that way!! SO excited to hear what Baby #2 is! :)

Whit said...

It's going so quickly. You are so smart to enjoy every moment, the little nudges and kicks. It's ridiculously amazing! Glad you are starting to see some improvement in feeling better. xox Can't wait for Friday!!

Janna Renee said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Your little bump is so cute, and you look GREAT!