{Baby Black #2 - Boy or Girl?}

/
16 Comments
I did a post like this for when Delainey was inside so I can't not do it this time around. :) 
I totally take all of this with a grain of salt but it's kinda crazy that 24 hours from now we will know for sure. :) I am so darn excited. 

I know some people still enjoy finding out the sex at birth and I totally get that. It's a really special surprise. But for us - this is best and it's still a really special surprise just 21 weeks early. Finding out Delainey was a girl with Justin in that ultrasound room is easily in my top 10 favorite moments of all time. Plus then we got to do all the prep for HER! Now this time around having Delainey with us will just be even better {not that she gets it}. This is when the fun stuff starts and I can start harassing Justin about all things nursery and perhaps buying a few blue items if needed!

Alright onto the goods:

If the heartbeat is over 140 beats per minute then it's a girl. 
If it's lower, it's a boy.
The 2 times we have seen or heard it it's been over 140 - 169 at the ultrasound and 145 at a doctors appointment.
GIRL

If you're craving sweet things, its a girl. If you're dying for salty or sour things, then its a boy.
I have been craving both at times I really can't decide. I crave sweet but salty has eased the nausea.
BOY/GIRL

Mood test: Mostly happy? Then it's a boy. More moody? Then it's a girl.
BOY

Chinese Birth Chart - This method uses the Lunar calendar to determine your babies gender by taking note of the mothers age at time of conception along with the month of conception. According to this calendar, Age at conception: 32, Month of conception: February. {It was right last time!}
GIRL

 Even/odd test: If your birth year and your age are both even numbers or both odd numbers then you are going to give birth to a girl. If one is odd, the other even, a boy is on the way. 
My birth year is: 1982, My age is: 32
GIRL

Legend says that if you're having a girl, she'll steal your beauty and your skin will break out. If you don't experience any acne, it's a boy.
GIRL ALL THE WAY


If you find yourself clumsier with pregnancy, you're having a boy. If you remain grounded and still in control of your body, it's a girl.
I am always clumsy.
BOY

If dad gains weight, it's a girl. If his weight stays the same, it's a boy.
BOY


Morning Sickness? If you're stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it's blue all the way. This was not true for me last time. I wasn't sick like this at all.
GIRL


If you are carrying the baby low and in front then it means you're having a boy.  If you're carrying high and expand horizontally, then it means you're having a girl.
I am definitely expanding horizontally! I feel so wide.
GIRL

Sleeping test: If you sleep more on your right side it's a girl. If you sleep more on your left side it's a boy.
I flip side to side and sometimes even wake up on my tummy with my leg tucked up to relieve pressure on my tummy. But I would say on my right side I find I sleep "better".
GIRL

Headaches? 
If you have headaches - it's a boy. No headaches - girl. BUT I had headaches my whole pregnancy with Delainey too. :)
BOY

What's your vote for baby Black #2? Girl or Boy??


Related Posts

16 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I'm totally guessing girl!! :) But I CANNOT wait to find out!!! :)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I'm going with girl!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I'm going with girl!

"B" said...

I am going to say BOY bc no one else has:)

Rachel Steck said...

I'm still #teampink
xoxo
Rachel

Christy said...

I'm still voting girl!! Can't wait to hear tomorrow! <3

Jennifer Golding said...

The Chinese birth chart was accurate for me too, but I think it's a boy!! Excited to hear.

Bex said...

My guess is girl. Can't wait to find out! Will you post tomorrow???

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I have no clue, but I am so excited either way for you!!! Did you do the baking soda/pee test??? LOL That was accurate for me ;)

Carolyn said...

Oh man! I'm completely torn on this. I'm going to say boy, just because it'll be new? HAHAHA Can't wait to find out!!!

Ashley said...

Ahh I'm soo torn! I'm going to say girl because I said boy last time and was wrong... Yup that's how I'm picking! Chances are I might be wrong again! But I'm saying girl!

Megan C said...

I'm going with girl!

Whit said...

I'm going with girl too!! At least that's why I kinda hope it is!! Can't wait for tomorrow ;) xox

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I've had a very strong boy vibe for this babe! Can't wait to know for sure!!!!

Katie said...

i say boy!!! can't wait to find out!

Brie said...

I'm going with BOY! Also, we found out beforehand what we were having too, and I remember some people (i.e. old people I worked with lol) being all opinionated about finding out the gender early. My husband put it a good way (much like you did!), it's still a surprise if you find out early! Except you actually get two surprises this way - the day you find out the gender and then the day you actually deliver and finally get to meet your baby.