{Baby Black Take 2: Week 16}

/
13 Comments
These weeks are just flying by! Holy moly. As much as I want time to fly by so we can meet this babe - I desperately want it to slow down so I can enjoy all of Delainey's stages before then. I am so looking forward to the summer. She is at such a fun age and I know it's going to be one of our best summers to date.

{I am posting a week behind - I am 17 weeks now}

How far along:
16 weeks


Feeling: 
Not much has changed here: headaches, almost all day nausea, face breakouts.
Definitely more energy now though - hallelujah!

I know I was bummed about not being able to go out and enjoy Jolie's stagette since I am feeling rotten. But I also remember the days of being able to go out and enjoy a few too many adult bevies and wishing I was sick at home with a baby in my belly as the reason. This is a season and I know it will pass. I am incredibly thankful to be feeling this way know it's all for a very good reason and temporary.

With that said I will be asking my doctor this week about an option for perhaps a medication or something natural/voodoo in Justin's words - to help with the nausea. I am just dreading the plane ride to NYC, the train ride to Jolie's home town and just don't want to feel so rotten for our trip. But it is what it is and I will take it - I just want to see if I have some options. My MIL suggested those bands you wear on your wrists for motion sickness so I will pick up a pair of those to try.
Any suggestion of what worked for any one out there is more than welcome.

Icky & Loving:
Nothing I can't eat.
Still enjoying berries, oranges, raw veggies, muffins/scones. I just eat constantly. It's the only thing that calms the belly. Perhaps it's a boy and is just starting early at clearing out our fridge!

What I'm wearing:



Workouts:
I actually got in 6 workouts this week plus walks! I love that my energy is coming back and that I can force myself into the basement - besides I have a strict calendar to follow before wedding day! Been loving the 21 day fix and 21 day fix extreme upper & lower workouts. PiYo isn't the best right now I have realized as I always have a headache and all the downward dogs and flowing upside down positions just aren't working for me.


What I'm looking forward to:
Spending a ton more time in the sunshine with the family!
{I love these photos Justin got of Delainey last week. The first is my screen saver/background on my phone and it just makes me smile every time I see it!}



Best moment of the week:
The shower for Jolie!

Bloopers:
These were the only photos I had my eyes open for the first set Justin took for me.
Thankfully he is patient with me {most of the time!} and took another set! :)



Related Posts

13 comments:

Stacy said...

I have heard those bands actually work...never tried them! I know a lot of my friends have really bad morning sickness from beginning to end and they are always prescribed Diclectin, that may help with the nausea.

Nikki said...

I e heard peppermint and ginger helps.

Jennifer Golding said...

I'm sure you've already heard this, but it helped with my nausea to take the prenatal vitamins before bed instead of in the morning. I don't know anything about it but maybe look at pressure points, you know crazy things like a spot in your foot is related to your ear, or stuff like that.

Christy said...

Are you taking Diclectin? If not, you should ask for it. It's a Class A medication, meaning it's proven safe in pregnancy in human beings. I'm still taking four a day but you start out with two at night and then can take one in the am and one in the afternoon if you're still sick. It's time release so if you're consistent with it it'll be in your system all the time. It makes a huge difference, even when I was still getting sick I could tell how much it was holding back (if I missed a dose or something) and it's good stuff. It's kind of pricey, if your prescription coverage won't cover it let me know, the pharmacist and I found a cheap way of getting it to save money on the weekend. (now doesn't that sound... creepy)

Ashley said...

I think the med you can get is called Diclectin and it has worked for a lot of my friends!!! Glad you have more energy at least! That pic of her for your screen saver she looks like you in!! Love the outfits! So funny enough one of my friends just had a boy... So the boy I saw in my dreams is now accounted for... So maybe it is a girl... Lol I can't decide! Lol

Kristin said...

OMG! I've been the world's worst blogger lately and totally missed your announcement - CONGRATS! You look adorable and I'm pretty obsessed with that tank! :)

Jen Linton said...

I'm betting it's a boy!

Gabriella said...

17 weeks already! GAH! So fast! My sister said ginger ale helped soothe her stomach. Although I am sure you have already tried that. I hope it gets better soon, so you can enjoy your trip to NY. I will be sending good thought! :)

Leigh said...

Hopefully you can find something to help with the nausea...that and headaches are the worst! I don't miss the constant headaches. Haha I love the out takes! Brian got sick taking my picture by the end, but too bad! :)

Bex said...

Try taking your vitamins at a different time, like someone else said. That's what helped me.

I LOVE that black floral shirt. So pretty!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Why is it that men start taking pictures when clearly we are not ready? J loves to do that!

A lot of the nausea options have been covered- I've heard peppermint is really good. You could also try Essential Oils to see if they help. If you want more info let me know- I have a good friend who is well educated on them.

It would be no fun to travel while feeling awful so I hope you find something that works asap!

Great job on the workouts!! Putting the rest of us to shame!

Whit said...

hahah I loved your bloopers. I can't get over your belly. I don't remember it this round when you were pregs with Delainey. You're so cute!! You're taking a good point of view on all this yucky tummy stuff, doesn't mean it doesn't get old, but good on ya love. This pregnancy is passing SOOOO fast. I remember with D I felt like we were waiting forever!! So excited. xox

Laura Hit said...

I know lots of essential oils that are helpful (and natural) with morning sickness. Email me if you want more info on ones I have heard works. I use them for (non preggo) motion sickness, but know many preggos who have used them too. Happy to share my experience!