{21 day Fix vs Extreme}

/
10 Comments
Now that I have the 21 Day Fix Extreme (21DFX) workouts under my belt I thought I would share some of my thoughts and compare the two programs.


Since I had done the original 21 Day Fix, loved the workouts and had great results, there was no WAY I was going to pass up the 21DFX and ordered it right away! 

I talked about the original 21 Day Fix {21DF} program in full detail after completing it the first time in this post here.

Both fixes focuses on nutrition, proper portion sizes and effective workouts. 

The programs come with 7 color-coded containers:
Green - Veggies
Red - Protein 
Purple - Fruit
Yellow - Carbs
Blue  - Fats & Cheeses
Orange - Dressings & Seeds
Depending on your caloric intake you get a certain number of containers each day.
You also get a certain number of tablespoons a day to be used on oils, nut butters and seed butters.
There are also free foods that don't count. There is a meal plan to follow as well if you want something concrete to get you through this program with max results.
The goal of the Fixes is not that is it a temporary diet - they will teach you how to eat right to fuel your body for life - not just 21 days.
*21 DFX also comes with a Countdown to Competition plan - Autumn's actual plan for before she hits the NPC stage.
{You obviously do not have follow the nutrition plan if you already feel like you have your nutrition under control}

The 21DFX is hands down MORE extreme than the first and to be totally honest with you... if you haven't done the original 21DF or tried one of Beachbody's harder programs like P90X, Insanity, Focus T25 or Body Beast, it will be hard to jump right into the 21DFX & I would suggest starting with original 21DF first.

This program is meant to kick your butt all around, with weights, cardio, plyos, endurance training and with a legit meal plan that you can customize to your liking based on the food groups given. 

The 21DFX program is similar to the original in that all the workouts are the same name just extreme. Bascially the 21DFX is like 21DF on steroids. :)

21DFX Workouts: 

 Plyo Fix Extreme
            An explosive lower-body workout that uses jumping and resistance to
            torch calories and sculpt muscles.
Upper Fix Extreme
            By alternating opposing muscle groups, this no-rest upper-body
            workout will help shred your chest, back, shoulders, and arms.
Pilates Fix Extreme
            Using a resistance band for every exercise, this intense mat workout
            works the entire body, placing emphasis on the core.
 Lower Fix Extreme
            Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves will get stronger, leaner, and
            more defined with challenging resistance work.
Cardio Fix Extreme
            Combining weighted cardio moves with traditional metabolic training
            intervals keeps your heart rate soaring.
Yoga Fix Extreme
            A fast-paced flow yoga class, combining strength, balance,
            flexibility, and power.
Dirty 30 Extreme Workout 
One of Autumn's personal favorites! It’s a down and dirty workout featuring seven compound moves that target multiple muscle groups simultaneously, to help you develop integrated strength and incredible definition.

Some thoughts:
The workouts in both programs are 30 minutes a day and you do a different workout each day of the week. The goal is to workout everyday for 21 days.

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit so I think for someone who wants something to change up their current workout plan (or lack there of!) one of these programs would be a great choice
.
You push yourself as hard as you want in these programs. You use weights so you are the one choosing to push yourself or to go easy. I was sore for DAYS while doing the 21DFX and had to take breaks. I loved all the workout though and actually really enjoyed the yoga one which is unlike me! 

There is a modifier in both programs you can follow if you need to or if you need a break.

It's one of our cheapest programs! You can get the full 21DF or 21DFX for $66 {Canadian!} - that includes all the containers, meal plans and all the workouts. 
You can also buy BOTH together so that once you complete the original {once or a couple times} then you are ready to jump into the Extreme - for $108.
Or if you are ready for the 21DFX right away and feel like you already have your nutrition under control - they just added the option to only buy the workout program for $49 {Go Katie}!
You cannot go wrong with those prices.
I am so glad I own both programs. They are a great workout in 30 minutes. 

If you have any questions about either of these programs or any Beachbody program just let me know!

Related Posts

10 comments:

Jen Linton said...

can't go wrong with 30 minute workouts! I'm usually rolling my eyes during any DVD workout that lasts longer :)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I agree with Jen that you can't go wrong with a 30 minute workout! I loved this program, but it kicked my butt! Which is a good thing...I think ;)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I agree with Jen that you can't go wrong with a 30 minute workout! I loved this program, but it kicked my butt! Which is a good thing...I think ;)

Ashley said...

Love the 21 day fix and I love that it's low impact on my knees, which I just learned I needed when I mixed up my work out on Tuesday and now have a horrible knee! Knee injuries suck. So does getting old haha. Looking forward to getting back to the fix once my knee heals for a bit! Trying not to rush it, but hoping to start back up Tuesday!

Bex said...

I'm going to try this.

Rachel said...

Love that's it's so cheap! Will keep this in mind for the future.

Brie said...

I'm intrigued by the colour coded containers! I'm usually pretty horrible for working out at home, but 30 minutes a day doesn't seem too daunting.

Gabriella said...

I am finishing Max 30 TODAY, and then I will be stating the 21 day fix. A co-worker and I are doing it together to motivate each other. Plus is it more fun to have some along for the ride.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Sounds... Extreme!!! I would probably die! Haha! I'm going to start with 21DF first, when I've done T25 a few times.

Jennifer Marie said...

Awesome summary of the 21 day fix! I am almost finished my first round and then I want to try the extreme version. Thanks for the great plan and workout summary on your site!