{weekend rewind}

/
11 Comments
 Happy Tuesday. I am a day late with the recap but Justin was still off with us yesterday so it still counted as the weekend! :)
Like I said Justin had a day with his girls while I worked on Wednesday and they went out hiking. They had a nice day for it and everyone enjoyed it!





 She thought the log bench was very cool!



 On Thursday Delainey and I went to a Music and Movement class with Momstown and saw Nicole, Leo and Audrey there. Delainey loved all the songs and we loved having Audrey as our buddy all class too. The class took me back to my preschool days! I pretty much knew every song!
Delainey got a sweet package in the mail from Ashley and Noah and thinks her new sippy cup is very cool. As do we. ;) Thank you again.


 Friday night we went to Jeff and Jolie's for dinner with them and the roomies. We had hoped to have a wiener roast for the first day of Spring but we live in Calgary. ;) So Jeff made some awesome ribs. Delainey had a blast hunting Junie and playing with everyone. She also enjoyed the chips! Always so great to get together with them.



 We taught her to drink the rest of her soup and she makes the best slurping noises.


 BBQing the in snow with Daddy!


Reading all her books before jammies and teeth is a nightly ritual.


 Saturday night Justin and I saw The Gambler. It was pretty good.


Sunday morning all my girlfriends came over because even though we do dinner together once a month we don't often see all the kids so we decided to do a morning play date. Only 4 of the 7 have kids yet but everyone was able to make it so it was so nice to have us all together.

Troy, Theo, Laurel, Delainey, Charlie & Taylor - love these kids.


 The ladies trying to get all the kids to look! :)


Sunday afternoon Gramma Debbie came over to do music with Justin which never ends well but we got a quick visit with her. :)
Monday morning we made cinnamon buns to celebrate the first day of spring break and Daddy's last day with us before his new job. Delainey approved.


 We had hoped to head out for a hike but it was pretty chilly so it would have been too cold for Delainey so we headed for the Zoo as we wanted to see the new Dinosaurs together!
They move and make noises now and were pretty cool.



 Even though it was cold we saw lots of animals up close and had a great morning.
And just like that our extra long weekend together was over!

Related Posts

11 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Fun weekend! Good luck to J on his new job!

Jen Linton said...

ahaha i love the behind the scenes photo of all the moms! that's the best

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

What a fun daddy daughter day!! I am so jealous of those cinnamon buns!
I love the photo of all the moms trying to get the kids to look, too funny.
How were the dinosaurs? I have a few friends who kids love dinos. I wish this last little bit of winter would go away!

Rachel Steck said...

What a fantastic weekend! Good luck to Justin w/the new job.
I can't believe Cruz is laying on her belly in the snow - silly pup.
xoxo
Rachel

Gabriella said...

You guys have so many cook hiking places! They all look gorgeous. Good luck to Justin with his new job! Glad you guys enjoyed the extra long weekend!

Bex said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend! I didn't realize the zoo got new dinosaurs. Super fun!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I forgot you were off this week!! Good luck to Justin tomorrow!! I thought I heard you got some snow.... But I also heard warmer weather is enroute... If only we could get some of that to stick around these parts!

Ashley said...

Oh and you are very welcome!! Glad she loves it and I hope you like the book!!

Leigh said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I love that Justin and Delainey had a daddy & daughter day...so cute! Love the picture of all the kids together too. Such fun!

Brie said...

That's so sweet that your hubby and daughter went hiking together! Do you go to momstown often? I had a free week trial last month and went to two different things, but wasn't really feeling it. I'm thinking maybe I just went to the wrong classes?? And how did I not know about this movie before now?! Love me some Marky Mark.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hope that the first couple of days of Justin's new job have gone well! That is great that he got a couple of days off in between and that it coincided with when you had a break from school!

That cinnamon roll looks SO good!