{weekend rewind}

/
17 Comments
 Another weekend that flew by oh so darn fast! And we went from walking in a tank top on Wednesday to snow this morning!
We were spoiled and had Justin home with us for our 4 day weekend. He thankfully had his last day of work at his old job on Wednesday {finally!} - more details to come when it's all finalized.

Team work to save the little people pig from under the chair!


Delainey loves to go into her room, close the door, sit on her box and read.



 Cuddles for Daddy.


 Bike videos before bed. She's in her zone. She LOVES bike videos. Pretty much the only time she sits for longer than 2 minutes.


Morning cuddles with Cruz.


Friday we took a trip to Crossiron Mall. We always have to check out the fish and "animals" at Bass Pro. I just learned there is an ice cream parlor in there so I no longer will complain about this stop. When can we go back?



After nap time we took a detour and checked out a different park in our area. It's a bit big for Delainey {she disagrees!} but she loved all the slides. There is one I let her do by herself and much to her disapproval I make her go on the others with me. She is a sneak though and tries to run ahead to go alone on the slide! I'm way quicker than you Miss D - dream on.



She had no fun. ;)



Saturday morning we headed out for a hike in Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park near Cochrane.




Hiking is hard work!



We did a nice 9km loop and the weather was perfect for a hike.


Ice cream dates are a must after all hikes!


Delainey had much longer naps this weekend in the afternoons - up to 2.5 hours! Amazing. I wish I could say I was productive during her naps.

Saturday night we watch A Walk Among The Tombstones. Again I love Liam Neeson. It was a good movie for sure - Justin said it was a typical Liam Neeson movie. :)


Sunday we had a lunch date with The Cowan's for Dustin's birthday! Delainey had so much fun playing with East, Fin and all their toys. Her and East also had a dance party and Delainey did Fin's hair. I will have to get the photos of this from Whit cause it was so cute.
 Delainey is going through this "phase" I will call it where she doesn't want to sit in a highchair unless it's at home. She screams and it's not fun. 
[She will sit if dessert in involved we learned after lunch though. #brat]



Such a great visit with them. We always love our time together though it is never enough!
Reading bedtime stories to Cruz.

Related Posts

17 comments:

Nikki said...

#babybigtruck is going through a tantrum phase. Lord help us all!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Fun weekend! A likes to shut every door right now lol. Then she gets mad when I do not open it up again ;)
Love her leopard pjs!!
I am jealous of the dry park! All ours are so wet and mucky right now. Avery wants to play on them so bad when we walk by them but most are under mini lakes right now :( I love the slide photo of D :)
The hike looks awesome, I really need to plan more hikes since we all love to go on them.
Oh the highchair thing? Same here, except it is at home too. She learned how to undo buckles so when we are out she just climbs right out - same thing with shopping carts, real fun...

Ashley said...

Um details girl - yay Justin!!
Ok so Noah had long afternoon naps this weekend too!! Loved it and hope it stays!! He's actually going on an hour for his nap right now!! Yay!! Can't say I'm doing anything real productive either! I should have got my work out in instead of later!
Noah loves the little people now too!!
Sounds like a fun weekend. I am soo looking forward to nicer weather and it looks like we are finally getting it!!
Gotta love phases!!

Rachel said...

That looks like a nice hike. We will have to try it! I love the Milkshakes from Bass Pro. Glad you found the ice cream at the back, it's so nice in the summer.

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

Hard earned ice cream :)

Rachel Steck said...

Yay for long family weekends!
xoxo
Rachel

Carolyn said...

What a fun weekend! Weston LOVES the park and wants to do everything himself. Gives me heart attacks! HAHAHA

Murdock's mama said...

I love all of these photos...so much fun!! :)

Bex said...

I love that photo of Miss D going down the slide. So fun! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

I had no idea there was ice cream in Bass Pro! I've only been there twice and can't say that I looked around much.

Leigh said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! I love that picture of Delainey going down the slide :)

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

I loved that movie too! The snails on Delaineys face going down that slide is priceless. Love it!!!! Looks like you had a nice weekend lovely.

Whit said...

Such an awesome weekend!! I want in on these hikes and ice cream dates!! haha.. that sounds like pure perfection, we just need East to be able to walk 10K and Fin to be willing to sit for it ;) haha.. The weather... want it back!! I will send you those photos. I have been wanting to check them out too!! Love our dates with you guys!! xox

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Congrats to Justin on the new job! Looking forward to the details! Closer to home?

I think Delainey hates the park ;)

Love how she goes into her room to read! Audrey does that and I love sneaking in on her!

Looks like a nice hike! Good thing you got it in before the snow :( Boo to that!

All the fresh air (and ice cream) must have helped D nap!

Leo is starting to hate being strapped into anything- high chair, stroller, car seat, carrier. I wish someone would push me or carry me!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend!! I just love how she reads so much!! Too cute. I'm over this snow.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love that Delainey is such a book worm! I'm glad you guys got a spell of nicer weather. It was beautiful here, too, but now colder temperatures are blowing in (literally, it's SO WINDY out right now). But I will not complain because we did not get snow, unlike you guys!!!

Katie said...

addi hates high chairs right now too. just says "own" like her own big chair. we've given up for now and just let her sit in our chairs for now!

Janna Renee said...

I love that you both have such a good relationship with her. I get sad when I think CQB will automatically be a 'Daddy's girl', but then I see families like yours where she is close to both of you. That's what I want!