{I can't live without}

/
13 Comments
My friend Katie over at ...for Lauren and Lauren and Lindsay over at Pursuit of Pink started a link up for Thursdays where you post 1 thing you can't live without.


Typically I just post something totally random on Thursday so thank you ladies for giving me a little direction. :)
Today the thing I can't live without is mornings like this:


Quiet early morning in our jammies. I love the mornings I don't work. Especially if Justin is home with us too.
Sure they typically start much earlier than I am initially ready for but give me a few seconds to wake up and I honestly look forward to them. 
I get a coffee, we feed Cruz, I get Delainey a fruit or breakfast bar or we share a muffin and we cuddle on the couch. We watch 45 seconds of Retro Teletoon, read the same books we read every morning. Make a mess on the couch with crumbs or water. Delainey plays with her kitchen. We tell Cruz a hundred times we will walk as soon as the sun comes up.

I LIVE for these moments.

And they definitely make me forget the moments like when Delainey threw a fit and had a scream fest in the grocery store yesterday when I wouldn't let her eat the yogurt we just put in the cart.

Related Posts

13 comments:

Lindsay @ Pursuit of Pink said...

I love those mornings too!!! Ours always involved watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, my daughter gets so enthralled!!! Cuddling on the couch and just soaking in the quiet moments with a little one is one of life's greatest treasures. Thanks for linking up!!!!

Murdock's mama said...

Our mornings have been starting earlier and earlier over here too. I certainly don't think the bright sunshiny mornings this summer are going to help either!

Don't you just love it when kids throw a fit because they truly don't understand something?! :)

Chrissy + Nate said...

What a precious way to start your day! I don't have kids yet, so my mornings begin with puppy cuddles. We have two fur-babies :)

Visiting from "...for Lauren and Lauren"
Chrissy @ Everyday with the Jays

Veronica and Daniel said...

Cozy mornings are the best :) I'm excited for the day when I can share my food with my little girl!! How sweet!

Bex said...

This is why I love weekend morning's when Liam is home. We always curl up on the couch with a movie before we start the day. So nice!

Leigh said...

Those moments sound perfect! :) Minus the screaming in the store of course...I'm not looking forward to that stage, but I know that every parent goes through it :)

Amie@RunningOnHealthy.com said...

Fun idea for a link up! Those mornings sound very peaceful :)

Katie said...

mornings are my favorite do!! we do the very similar routine of pjs, coffee, dried cereal and cartoons on the couch. and I LOVE it!!! oh and bossy molly around :)

Carrie said...

I love those quiet mornings. There's just something too sweet about them that I know I'm going to miss when my babe is a little more grown and doesn't want to snuggle on the couch with Mommy anymore

Whit said...

hahaha I love your honesty about grocery store fits, it happens... it's not fun but those mornings, they totally make up for it. I completely understand. We have our routine too and I love it! xox

Chandelle Foote said...

Awe :) Coffee in hand and snuggles from a sweet girl! Perfect morning! Stopping by from the link up :)
Chandelle
www.midwest-mama.com

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I'm with ya!! Mornings like that make me ok with being up!

Oh my, sounds like a fun shopping trip! We had some tears at the store today but that's bc the cashier was a big jerk!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Aw, that sounds like an awesome morning! My favorite mornings are the ones when I can wake up without an alarm clock, like this morning. I have a race this morning but was awake earlier than I needed to be, so I read in bed before getting up which I rarely do as I feel like I'm always rushing off to do something in the morning.