{Delainey: 17 & 18 months}

/
16 Comments

Holy moly 1.5 years old. {Yesterday.} I think I say this all the time but honestly each day just gets so much better. As much as I loved the newborn stage and every stage after that this age right now is the best. She is so fun, has the greatest little personality and I truly love my days with her. She is busy, exhausting and at times I SO wish she could tell us what she wants but I never knew it was possible to be so proud of someone. She gives the best kisses and her version of saying I love you is the cutest and most wonderful thing to hear ever.


{weight & length}
20.1lbs
32 inches


{eating}
Everything. She isn't picky which is great. She especially loves yogurt, strawberries, oranges, bananas, toast with jam, any meat Justin BBQs and fruit bars.


{likes}
- Bikes. Bike videos, bike movies, bike magazines. Justin is one proud Daddy. {She recently discovered Justin's bike magazines - I told her she had to be gentle and she carefully flipped every page and pointed out every bike. Therefore she said 'bike" about 40 times and then went to the next magazine!} We cannot wait to get her a strider bike this spring.
 - Running, being chased, being free in the ravine & backyard.
- Books. Reading. Sitting with Cruz and reading.
- The playground {mainly slides}. Has no fear.
- Tickles. Monkey.
- Watching videos on the iphone. My parents send her videos when they are away and she LOVES watching them. We have probably watched my Dad belly flop into the pool like a frog 1000 times. Roughly.
- Brushing her teeth.


{dislikes}
- When we are making dinner. You say the word dinner and she turns into a whiny monster.
- Getting dressed or having her diaper changed - by me.
- When you don't give her the attention she NEEDS RIGHT NOW. She will drop to her belly and cry to show her displeasure or chuck a toy across the room if you don't immediately give her the attention she wants. Needless to say she gets ignored during those times and a lot of toys taken away.
- When you make her wear a different pair of boots or coat then the one SHE wants to wear. Someone tell her she is 18 months. Not 13 years.


{words}
She is so chatty and we are picking up new words she says each day. I really should write them down as we go.


{what's new}
~ She still naps twice a day. They vary from 30 min {for us} to 2 hours {for Grandma Debbie}. She goes to bed at 7:00pm and sleeps usually until 6-7am. Unless she hears us in the morning on my work days when Justin walks Cruz, then she is up before 6 but we put her in our bed so she can watch us get ready. Lately she had some great afternoon naps for us too though and some sleep in mornings too.
~ She is in size 2 huggies diapers but we just bought some 3s. They are huge! The size difference is just absurd.
~ She does a great job cleaning up her toys or her books. Loves the clean up song.
~ Almost 5 teeth.
~ Her comprehension amazes me. I have always talked to her (as I did before she was here with Cruz!) even when she was a wee babe so I still just tell her everything and it boggles my mind what she understands. We can be in my room and I'll say "ok when Mommy is done we are going to go to your room and get your hoodie and moccs". 2 seconds later she will come running back with those 2 items!? Smartest kid ever. hahaha

There we have it. Delainey at 18 months. We love you peanut.

Related Posts

16 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I lover everything about this post. Specifically the photos!! :)

Jen Linton said...

She likes brushing her teeth AND isn't a picky eater?! You got a good one.

Nikki said...

Omg I can't believe the size difference between D and #babybigtruck she is 25lbs and size 5 diapers 😳 crazy! She's so stinkin cute!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I agree with so much! haha. Love our little gals :) Avery is thining out (ha) and growing taller finally. Fruit bars are a fav over here too! I cannot get over their comprehension either! And yes, to the dreaded diaper changes and getting dressed. A would prefer to be naked ;)

Amber said...

She is so so cute!

Susannah said...

Oh my goodness, she is simply adorable!

Leigh said...

That's so fun that your parents send videos! Has watching the videos over and over again replaced the hockey book? I agree with Jen, lucky that she isn't a picky eater (I was and I'm scared for Amelia to be as pay back) and that she will brush her teeth!

Carolyn said...

Seriously. This age is so awesome!! Weston is obsessed with cars. And birds. If there is a car or a bird in any picture/book/anything, he is going to find it and point it out 17,000 times. :) It's crazy how much they understand! Weston loves "fetching" things for us. I try not to take advantage of it, but it sure is awesome! HAHA Weston also hates dinner making time... so fussy! How strange!

Whit said...

Happy 1.5 years!! Crazy!! xox

Sarah said...

Randomly popping back through my feed of blogs and LOVE this. It sounds like Noelle and Delainey are pretty similar! At one day apart, that's not much of a surprise but their personalities, too! SO much personality for such little people! :)

Bex said...

HA! The part about wearing specific coat and shoes made me laugh because Liam is like that too.

She is such a cutie. You're lucky you have one that likes brushing her teeth and isn't a picky eater!

Ashley said...

She really is growing into such a little lady!! She looks like she has quite the personality and I love seeing the videos you do with her little voice! Noah is toying around with being picky right now.... Stinker!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Aw, she is so cute! I love her enthusiasm for bikes!! That is just so cute. Sounds like she is taking after her daddy. ;)

I loved all of the stages my nieces and nephews went through but it always seems like each new stage is better and better as more of their personalities shine through.

Brie said...

Haha, what is it about making dinner that makes toddlers fall apart?! Your so lucky she's a good little eater - Sully is going through a picky stage, one day he loves something, the next day he doesn't, and then he loves it again. I hope it's just a phase!

I always thought the difference in size from one diaper to the next absurd too! We've been in size 3s forever and I just tried 4s (pampers brand) to see the difference and they are huge! And I gotta ask, what's the Clean Up song?! :)

Gabriella said...

She is the cutest! The pig tails are the best! Sweet girl!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

1.5 years going on 13! Love it! She's such a sweet girl! This is such a fun age!!