{weekend rewind}

/
18 Comments
 Happy Monday! We had a nice weekend over here despite the weather changing and snow reappearing on the ground. I was happy to be home with my girls on Thursday and Friday while the weather was still beautiful - we enjoyed many long [slow] walks, some time at the park and then some more time in the backyard. Delainey just loves to run free and Cruz could not love it more. 
 I LOVE that her fits into a full pony now [sorta] - it makes her look so grown up too.
 Friday Justin was off so he enjoyed the walks with us too. Family walks are the best walks.
We saw Taken 3 on Friday night. I LOVED it, as I did with 1 and 2. Justin said it was same old same old but I thought it was great. I adore Liam Neeson.
Saturday morning I baked some muffins and cookies - I also had a cute little helper! Until she realized it was nap time and then she wasn't so cute. ;)
 Staring contests. Delainey always watches for Cruz to come back and then screams for us to let her in immediately.
Saturday afternoon Justin's Mom came over to do music with J for her recitals and we had a good visit. I did some crafting with wine corks. My favorite crafting material. :)
 Justin has been BBQing some amazing meals lately so we've been spoiled with not having to cook much on weekend.
We also had ice cream cones before bed on Saturday. Always a good idea. Cruz nods her head in agreement.
 Saturday night we saw The Imitation Game. It too was really good and very interesting. I even learned some cool things. :)
 Sunday morning Justin got up with Delainey so I slept in a little and came downstairs to see this. 
So cute. She loves that little ledge.
 I have been doing Les Mills PUMP this past week [LOVE it but more to come on it later] with some Brazil Butt Lift thrown in there too. As soon as I get set up Delainey trucks over like I have this all set up for her!
 Sunday afternoon my Mom, Dad, Jeff, Jolie, Uncle Ken and Auntie Cathy came over to watch the football game and to celebrate Dad's birthday. We had a great spread of appies, Justin BBQ'd burgers and Mom made a delicious flapper pie and chocolate cake for the birthday boy. He shared. Delainey loved it too.
We also tried on part of Delainey's flower girl outfit for Jeff and Jolie's wedding. I am SO darn excited for this day for so many reasons but man alive Delainey is going to look cute. I think she knew it too - she was twirling around like she was showing off!
And just like that it's Monday again. :) But oh man I do love weekends. Have a good one.

Related Posts

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Love D's coat!! Soo cute and that ponytail!!
When is the wedding again? I think Taken is the movie my sister told me to watch! Have you seen Gone Girl? I watched that this weekend - it was good!

Courtney Kassner said...

LOVE that little ponytail!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Nice weekend!! D looks so cute with her ponytail! Still can't quite get it with A and she refuses anyway! Her hair grows so quickly in the front and takes forever in the back!

Love the baking helper! Haha! And I see Delainey has learned the art of having her toys everywhere ;) That's what my house looks like ALL the time now. I've given up!

Cork art looks great!

Pamela said...

Love your craft project!! I want to see Taken 3! I love Liam Nelson!

Rachel Steck said...

Cute craft project - maybe I should take up drinking wine...
I cannot wait to see Miss D in her flower girl outfit ~ how exciting!!
xoxo
Rachel

Christy said...

I am in love with her little polkadot jacket!!

Kristin said...

I am in love with the cork frame! I am totally copying you!!!!!!!!!

Leigh said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Can the beautiful weather come back now?! Love D's pony tail, so cute! We watched The Imitation Game as well and it's really good!

Bex said...

Seriously, D is adorable with her little pony. My friend has been bugging me to see Imitation Game but I know nothing about it, may have to give in and check it out.

Bex said...

Also, I need to drink more wine to make that frame. So fun. Did you just glue them to a regular frame?

Gabriella said...

That wine cork project is a great idea! Might have to steal it. Miss D is adorable is her pony tail. SO excited to see her flower girl dress!!!

Nikki said...

What is flapper pie?

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

haha, too funny with D all set up at the workout stuff! And YES to ice cream :)
Ack, I cannot wait to see her in the dress!! She will be the cutest flower girl ever!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Delainey does look so grown up with her hair in a pony tail! Can't wait to see her in her flower girl dress - I love that she naturally knows to twirl when she is wearing a pretty dress!

T. L. said...

Delaney gets even cuter as the weeks go by! Glad you guys had such a great weekend :)

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

mmm ice cream cones :)

Carolyn said...

What a fun weekend! :) D and W are like the same kid practically! HAHA He loves ledges, thinks my yoga mat is made for him and wants to be free and running around all the time!

Also - her hair and adorable little face kill me. I was showing Jake pictures of her this weekend, and he agrees. HAHAHA

Sara Turner said...

The imitation game is for sure on my Must See movie list right now... I haven't seen taken 3 yet either, but I don't know that I'm as excited for it. Love the use of wine corks, I've been saving mine up for a while now, don't have any plans to use them yet though.