{Lake and NYE}

/
16 Comments
Alright final recap of our holidays! :) I was so thankful Justin had the whole 2 weeks off that I did.
It was so nice to have more time with him too.
We headed up to the lake on Boxing day like we usually do. Unfortunately Delainey was still getting over her cold and we found out a few days in that she was also getting her top 2 teeth (finally) so she wasn't the happiest but we still had a good time out there.
We enjoyed the outdoors as much as we could - the lack of new snow prevented us from snow shoeing or snowmobiling but we went on nice walks - loved our Polar Stroller skis out there!
Cat nap in the stroller.
The girls checking on the lake.
June cuddling for a few seconds!
Cruz super excited to be at her favorite place!
Delainey and Kaley had 2 play dates! They are going to be best buddies this summer for sure.
More walks to get out of the house for some fresh air.
Cutest. 
We watched The Maze Runner one night. It was very different. The idea was really cool, the movie just wasn't as good as it could have been.
We also had fondue with Uncle Ken and Auntie Cathy and played Sequence. Love that game!
Thank you to Mom for letting me hand Delainey off to her each morning so I could get an extra hour or so of sleep since she wasn't the best sleeper at all while out there - so appreciate it!
We came home on the 30th and Delainey played with some of her new toys. She is a pro at stirring tea.
We stayed in on New Years eve and had a date in. Justin made the most amazing meal. He did a roast on the rotisserie on the BBQ with a red wine reduction sauce, stuffed mushrooms, steamed veggies and one of our most favorite reds. Delainey loved it too - the meal - not the wine. ;)
I told him I thought it should be a weekly meal.
We tried to get a photo of the two of them but ya know - this is about as good as it gets.
PS. This was last year!!
Snuggles before bed. And by bed I mean fighting bedtime like a pro.
After Delainey was finally asleep we toasted the NY at 10pm and watched The Fault in Our Stars (Justin watched this with me only if I would give Game of Thrones a try...).
And yes I basically bawled half the movie but but it was real good.
Waffles for breaky. She only ate the whipped cream Dad gave her.
Like I said I started the 21 Day fix again on NY Day .
Don't be jealous of this awesome hair I had. Justin commented on it every time he saw me. He secretly just wanted me to shower, do my hair and makeup and get dressed for once maybe....not gonna happen I say.
Loving on Cruz as always. Best way to start the year.
Hope everyone has a great NYE and amazing start to 2015.

Related Posts

16 comments:

Christy said...

that picture of Cruz made me laugh, what a happy dog!

Rachel Steck said...

You had an awesome time off together! That pic of Cruz in her 'favorite place' is hilarious, I totally giggled. How lucky are you that Justin cooks??! Amazing.
xoxo
Rachel

Nikki said...

Sounds like a great vacation! LOVE the pic of D in the snow suit!

Mom said...

Even though D was a bit out of sorts, we loved having us all together at the lake. HNY!!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Sounds awesome! Except D being sick and teething! Avery got two more yesterday on top, and had a fever, silly teeth are a pain!
I love your lake photos :)

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

It looks like you had an amazing holiday!!! Minus the teething bit, but it looks awesome! I am floored those Polar Stroller Skis are the coolest thing in the history of baby stuff ever!!!

PS I love your glasses!!!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Love the polar stroller! That is so cool. It's beautiful up there.

Rachel and John said...

Sounds like lots of people had colds over the holidays. We sure did!

Rachel and John said...

Oh and I like Game of Thrones. I hope you do too!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have not seen TFiOS yet - I need to watch that sometime but I don't know if I could talk Phil into it so it might be a good one to watch when he has something going on. Looks like you guys had a great time at the lake! It's always nice to have grandparents help out - I know my mom loves doing that for my siblings. The meal you had on NYE sounds amazing!

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun time!! I just bought Mike the Maze Runner book series for Christmas! My sister just gave me the Fault in our Stars to watch and Gone Girl! Hopefully this weekend!! Glad you guys had a great New Years, we ended up staying in as well!

Leigh said...

That meal that Justin made looks fantastic! I think he should cook more often for you :)

Bex said...

Looks like such a great way to bring in the new year!

Whit said...

Love that we basically did the exact same thing for New Years ;) And I personally love the Alison no wash/no make up look!!
I have been wanting to watch the fault in our stars and couldn't remember the name. So thank you!! xox

Janna Renee said...

Yum fondue!! Looks like an awesome NY dinner and I would want it every week too, and that is a great wine that we like as well. We are kicking our workouts into high gear right now because Will has a big PT test next month, but I'll never look like you, lol.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I read The Fault in our Stars- sooo good! I'll watch the movie in a few months once I've forgotten most of the book!

The lake looked so lovely! What a great family vacation! Poor D and her teeth- they are such a pain!