{weekend rewind}

/
13 Comments
Well hello there Monday. You again.
We had a really awesome weekend. I love weekends that start with Justin having Friday off! 
~~~
This is a typical morning: Cruzie glued to my leg - Delainey ALL over the place and Cruz not caring one bit!
Justin was able to finally hang Delainey's bath toy holder she got for her birthday from Grandma - it took forever to find the suction cups to attach it instead of the stickers. So handy though - I LOVE it.
 Friday night we had a nice dinner with our friends Blake and Karen. Still so crazy to have a night filled with baby talk with these two but it's so great. SO excited for this little man to arrive. I have a funny story to tell about "his" name but that will wait until after he arrives.
 We had this booster upstairs from being out Friday night and Delainey played with it for hours! I may never bring it back downstairs! ha ha
 Saturday night Whit, Dust, East & Fin came over for dinner! The kids had a blast and it was so fun to see them playing together, chasing each other around, exchanging stories at the dinner table - all while we could {sorta} have adult conversations. It was perfect. I love that kinda chaos.
We had a great dinner that Justin BBQ'd {mmmmm ribs} and Whit made a ridiculously delicious cream puff cake. Oh my goodness.
 Sunday morning Delainey and Cruz entertained each other and I actually sat on the couch and enjoyed my entire cup of coffee while watching them. They are too cute and Delainey thinks it's the funniest thing when Cruz goes crazy with the kisses. I would tell Cruz to stop to give Delainey a break and then D would be right back in there initiating more!
[We put our main floor tree up Saturday morning.]
 Sunday morning we had a yummy breakfast of waffles. Justin treated D to some whipped cream and she thought that was pretty amazing and kept asking for more!
 We then headed off to the zoo! It was our first family trip - Delainey received 2 season passes for her birthday from Gramma & Grandpa. Thank you again!
We had a great time - Justin and I have total opposites for our favorite animals so we saw it all - minus my sloth friends. They were hiding.
 The gorillas were being extra silly!
Delainey was very content - she was quiet while seeing all the animals until we stopped for lunch and then the chatter box came back!
 More Cruz kisses!
Sunday afternoon Justin spent a ton time in the garage dry-walling it - he is getting so close to being done but it's been a huge job to do on his own. He's a trooper though and we appreciate it. I finished week 3 of Beta of Focus T25 - I am just so eager to get into Gamma! I love it.
And that's a wrap.

Related Posts

13 comments:

Leigh said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend :) Lots of family and friends time :) When is Karen due again? Love that D wants Cruz to give her kisses!

Rachel Steck said...

You have the BEST weekends!
Cruzie is such a sweet dog, I love seeing her with Delainey. They are such a cute pair.
xoxo
Rachel

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

What a perfect little weekend! I just love her! Don't you love how Daddy's spoil their little loves with sweets (like whip cream!?) hehe Ummmm does Whit want to share that cream puff cake recipe?! Holy smokes that looks good! Love your photos momma.

Bex said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend!

Gabriella said...

Cruz and D are so cute together! I can't wait to see how Homie is with his new cousin!! Fun weekend and love the zoo pictures! I am 4 days away from finishing Gamma. I am excited and sad. Might just start over!

Katie said...

Delainey is just so cute! And I love the stage of starting to "Play" more on their own. Yeah full cups of coffee! and love your zoo outfit!

Erin said...

Delainey is absolutely adorable....and growing up so fast...

Christy said...

we are doing T25 again too!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

What a fun weekend! Love your scarf, I got a similar one at Superstore but still have not mastered making it look decent ;)
Avery loves whipped cream too, well she loves all sweets!
I love how good Cruz is with D :) Such a perfect bond!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Delainey is too cute. The trip to the zoo sounds fun - the weather must have warmed up a bit for you guys! It did for us too as it was above freezing for the first time in almost 2 weeks!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Looks like such a fun weekend!! Love seeing Fin and Delainey playing together- when did they both get so big?

So jealous your tree is up already! I'm not in a rush to put ours up because I know Leo will be all over it. Plus we have to go cut it down... why did I ever agree to this tradition? ;)

We will have to make a zoo date soon- on a warmish day that is! The gorillas have been so silly lately- love it!

Leslie said...

We just put all of our decorations up this weekend. I love how festive everything looks when it's decorated :)
It would have been a beautiful weekend for the zoo. I haven't been in ages.

Whit said...

That's a busy weekend, but SO awesome!!! Lots of good friends in there too ;) haha Can't wait to go to the zoo together!!!