{weekend of sun & snow}

/
12 Comments
 Happy snowy Monday! I sure love being at home today. It's cold and very snow covered out there!
Friday we bought Delainey a new car seat (went with the Britax Marathon) so Delainey enjoyed the box.
 Saturday Justin went riding with Brian as it was a beautiful day! So us girls hung out at home, cleaned, worked out, lots of playing - and read to Cruz naked. ;)
 Saturday night Leigh and Brian came over for dinner and we used the Raclette. It's always fun and an easy dinner. You know you have good friends when they spend most of the night on the floor with Delainey and partake in a dance party with her!
 On Sunday we woke up to a ton of snow! Lovely. So we had a chill morning while Justin did all the snow tires.
In the afternoon my Mom and I went to a kids book party that my SIL Crystal was hosting. We found some awesome books!
Justin took the girls out in the snow and tested out Delainey's sled she got for Christmas from Uncle Jeff & Auntie Jolie last year!
Then they snuggled up on the couch!
 Never leaves Cruz alone for long!
Mom and Dad came over for a visit in the afternoon.
 Sunday night Justin and I popped some popcorn and watched the original Jurassic Park with the surround sound - it was so good! It's been a long time since we'd seen it!
And that's about it! :)

Related Posts

12 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love the sledding picture! We got snow this morning so it's looking very winter-like outside here as well! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! And how fun that you got to spend time with Leigh and Brian.

Tawnya Faust said...

aww! Sledding, such a fun idea... I may try to get Scarlett out tomorrow in the snow! :) Also I really want to make a big purchase just for a big box for Scarlett to play in haha! !

Leigh said...

The best part (minus the brownies of course!) was the dance party and when Delainey kept sitting on my lap :) Still love those sassy pj's of hers :) So cute that she climbs in Cruz's cage :)

Ashley said...

Holy snow!! Yuck!! We got a dusting!! But it was gone after a few hours. Love those leopard Jammie's!! She is such a doll!! So I totally had to look up what a raclette was - looks cool!! Sounds like a fun weekend, minus the snow, although I'm sure Cruz was loving it!! Hopefully it doesn't stick around! I'm soo not ready for it!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love dance parties! Good choice on the carseat, hope you like it.
I attempted to take Avery out in the snow today but she was not impressed lol.

Rachel Steck said...

You have the best weekends! I added Calgary to my Yahoo weather app a while back - I can't believe the weather you are having. Cold. Crazy. I'm glad you have snow tires.
I cannot believe how big little miss is getting! Cruz is the best big sister ever.
xoxo
Rachel

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Crazy how much snow there is! Can you make sure it melts in the next week please? The sledding looks fun though!
D looks so big in her Pjs and now she's a big girl in her car seat! Still trying to decide for Leo since we will be getting there soon.

Carolyn said...

What a fun weekend! :) I'm not ready for snow, but it's here, and seeing D on the sled makes me excited to go sledding with Weston!!

Kristin said...

Love little D in all her warm pjs!

Bex said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

Whit said...

Looks like a chill weekend!! Nice to have some down time :) xox

Katie said...

such a good weekend!! and we just ordered a carseat two nights ago and got the britax marathon - why are there so many choices of carseats!?!? and why are they so expensive!