{weekend highlights}

/
13 Comments
 This weekend flew by far too quickly, I could have stayed in bed this morning and I always hate waking Miss D to leave the house.
We had an awesome weekend though.
Friday Delainey and I met up with Whit and the kids at Spruce Meadows for their Christmas Market. It was HUGE and had so much great stuff.
 The highlight was all of Santa's reindeer were there - except Rudolph.
 East taking a peek. LOVE this photo of him.
We had such a good visit and will definitely be back next year!
 We were happy the sun was out for our afternoon walk. Delainey was very content in her bubble!
Saturday morning we had a quiet day at home. 
Delainey has learned that Daddy's cereal bowl tastes nothing like Mommy's and LOVES his bowl of sugary goodness. Also known as Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Cruz waiting for her shot of sugary milk.
Saturday night Justin and I had my friend Sara's wedding. So we dropped the girls off with my parents for a sleepover!
 It was held Q Haute downtown.
LOVED this giant chalkboard they had for the seating chart and the writing is the same as on their invitations.
 The hashtag #marriedthebridesmaid - long story short - There are 7 of us in my group of girls. My girlfriend Julia got married 2 years ago this past September to Dave. Sara was in the wedding party and was paired up to walk down the aisle and sit next to Dave's brother Brett. Rest is history.
SO Julia and Sara are now sisters! So crazy and awesome all at the same time - who would have guessed.
 Sara looked amazing and it was such a special day. Sara never wanted a wedding, isn't a fancy girl and hates being in the spotlight BUT she never stopped smiling all night - it is SO nice to see her so happy. And her dress was phenomenal on her.
 
 The food was amazing, it came in many fancy courses (this is the beat salad) but we didn't eat our main course until around 10pm. And there were more wine top ups than courses of food so we were all ready for our main when it arrived.
 
All of my beautiful girlfriends - 
Barb, myself, Krista, Sara, Julia & Nicole.
Carla (Jordan & baby) did come for the ceremony (3 day after giving birth mind you!!) but left during the cocktail hour.
It was such a fun night with Justin, my girls and their men. We danced up a storm and made it into bed by 3am. Can't remember the last time we were up that late but it was fun! 
Sunday morning we got to sleep in a little as we didn't have Delainey or Cruz to wake us up (thank you Gramma & Grandpa)!
We went to Mom and Dad's for Brunch with Jeff and Jolie later in the morning which was delicious.
Delainey had a blast with Uncle Jeff on her car!
Sunday afternoon Delainey and I had a (much needed) hair cut date with my cousin! Luckily Auntie Jolie was still there when we arrived so Delainey sat with her while I had most of my cut done and then Delainey was content just sitting on my lap for the remainder of my appointment.
Then it was her turn!
Delainey's first hair cut!!
It looks so much cleaner now - a cute little bob! He hair already was shorter in the back and long the front so Amanda just angled it more and worked her magic on the mop Delainey had going on up top! So cute.
PS. Don't forget to enter the giveaway for the snack bags!!

Related Posts

13 comments:

Leigh said...

Sounds like a fun wedding and weekend! 3am...oh man, I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late. Haha. So cute that D just sat on your lap while getting her hair cut :)

Murdock's mama said...

So adorable!!! :) The wedding looked beautiful!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

What a nice wedding! 3am, you go!! We went out Friday and were home by 10pm lol. Lame ;)
How cute is D sitting SO good on your lap?!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

OH and her bob, I die!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Such a posh little haircut!

Ashley said...

Oh her hair is soo precious!! She and J have good taste in cereal!! Haha! You look great at the wedding! Love your dress!! Looks like a fun weekend! We are currently getting dumped on in the snow department! Yuck!! Glad you had a great weekend!!

Tawnya Faust said...

Oh my gosh, Delainey's little bob!!! I can't even! SO cute! What a fun date night too, your friend looked gorgeous in her dress :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a fun wedding and I love the #marriedthebridesmaid story! Her dress was gorgeous and I love yours too! Sounds like quite the party!

D looks so cute with her new 'do!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

And Spruce Meadows looks awesome!! I hope it's on next weekend!

Whit said...

I want to go back to that market and not just for the reindeer ;) So fun!
Q Haute it's beautiful and the food is ridiculously amazing! Looks like a beautiful wedding!
Love chill days and that hair cut is cute and clean! xo

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love the dress you wore to the wedding! And that couple's story is totally a "meet cute" (hopefully you've seen The Holiday and understand that reference!). Delainey's hair cut is so cute - I love the face she is making in the photo!

Bex said...

Seriously, Delainey's haircut is so stinkin cute! That girl gets cuter by the day. I hope one day you make more beautiful babies!

That wedding looks so beautiful and sounded so fun!

Love the reindeer! I saw lots of stuff about that market, wish I was in Calgary!

Rachel Steck said...

What a beautiful wedding. Sweet story about how the bride and groom met. Miss D's haircut looks fabulous! She needs to slow down...she's getting big too fast.
xoxo
Rachel