{ONE year of Delainey}

/
14 Comments

First of thank you for all your sweet wishes for our Miss D on her birthday! We had a great day and I was so thankful to be home with her. So glad my work is so flexible.
This was our last photo together before she turned 1 as I headed out to girls night.
 Happy birthday girl bright and early!
 Decided last minute to head out for lunch! I had a 50% coupon that expired that day so we shared a chicken burrito and they even gave her her own container of black beans and chicken but of course she still wanted mine.
 At 1:09pm - her time of birth we played with balloons in her crib!
She enjoyed herself!
 We had a good visit with my Mom and Dad who came over and she was showing off her crazy walking skills.
Then after dinner (we had ribs!) we sang to her and she had a cupcake!
She was so cute, she kept looking at Justin to make sure it was ok to make a mess and eat it!
 You seeing this Dad?!
She would have eaten it all if we let her!
 I'm a smurf Uncle Jeff!
When I was pregnant my brother sent me a text with this photo saying something along the lines of him being excited to do this with his future niece/nephew! I said he could do anything he wanted when he was babysitting! :)
***
And now just a quick look back at all her monthly photos. I look at these first photos and they look just like Delainey to me yet I can't believe she was ever so tiny and skinny! 
She has changed so much in 12 short months. As much as I miss that wee little babe who got me up multiple times a night for months on end and would cuddle all day (& night) if I let her...this last photo is my most favorite. We have so much fun with Delainey now and Justin and I are always saying "oh I can't wait until we can do __________ with her now that she is older" - so much to look forward to. She really is such a love.

Thank you all for following along with journey with us - from near and far. We are so lucky to have such great friends and family.

Related Posts

14 comments:

Courtney Kassner said...

Such a beauty! What a fun day!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

She's so cute such a happy little girl! Happy Birthday!

"B" said...

Happy Happy Birthday! She looks like the same precious little baby that was born!

Christy said...

it is so amazing how much babies change in 12 short months! wow!!!

Ashley said...

Crazy how much she has changed since being a little squishy baby!! Yet she still looks the same in little ways!! I find myself looking back at Noah's pics and can't believe the changes. I feel like I missed them even though I'm with him everyday!

Rebekah said...

I can't believe she's one! It looks like she had a wonderful day!

Gabriella said...

The monthly photos are the best! So cool to see how she has changed over the past year. Love how she devoured that cupcake!!

Whit said...

So fun to look back!! Looks like you guys had an awesome day, I love black beans and chicken You made her birthday so special mama - you're a great mom AJ!! O glad your parents could be in town to celebrate!! xox

Sarah said...

happy birthday sweet girl!
and i LOVE your outfit mama!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love it, sounds like a perfect first birthday :) So special that you could spend the day with her! I had planned to keep A home that day but a few things came up so I will just pick her up in the afternoon then spend the day with her from there.

Bex said...

She's just so stinkin cute.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

That's awesome you were able to spend all day with her!!! Can't wait to celebrate this little girl on the weekend! Mind blown that she is one. I have loved watching her change from a tiny, little babe to a sweet, petite toddler.
Happy one year of parenthood!

The balloons in the crib is cute!!

Janna Renee said...

I can't believe she's one!! I don't know how much my niece actually ate of her cake, but she tore into it on her birthday!

Rachel Steck said...

I LOVE her. Hard to believe she's a year old already.
xoxo
Rachel