{I'm thinking...}

/
7 Comments
....it's pretty fantastic that Whit and I are going out for dinner tonight just us 2 - no dogs, no hubby's, no kids! 
We are starting our new trend of a monthly dinner just her and I. Life gets so busy and often times when we hangout we are so busy playing with the kids {which is awesome!} that we don't get much time to catch up and connect. So this is our time. Thank you to Just & Dust for doing the bedtime routine while we do this. 

....that I'm excited for Delainey to attend her first Halloween party with some little friends tomorrow at Nicole's. I'm not happy that I don't have a costume for myself yet...but Delainey will look cute and that's all that matters.
I made these Candy Corn Cupcakes to bring.

....that Kate's Bowtique is pretty awesome. I found it this summer at the market at the lake and the little tiny clips Jane makes are just the best for Delainey's bangs. She wears one almost daily!
 I just ordered a few more sparkly ones (because sparkle is Delainey's favorite!) and Jane sent us some extras! Thank you!! Delainey is set now for a while.
Check out her shop on facebook here - she has SO many different clips, headbands and more!
Plus she is just in Edmonton for any locals.

....it's so nice that Nixon and Delainey play so well together and are so awesome at taking out every single toy we own to play with. :) Nixon spent the morning with us while Crystal went to watch Emerson's ballet class and these 2 had a blast.

....that's all I got. :)

Related Posts

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Hope you had a great dinner out!! Much deserved :)

Leigh said...

I think that's an awesome idea that you and Whitney are going out once a month. You both deserve it! I started doing that with a friend...we go out once every 1-2 months so we stay in touch and catch up during that time :) Might have to check out those clips- so cute!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love that idea for you and Whit! I'm excited for non kid lunch dates with my friends soon :-) :-)
Cute clips! We have a few similar ones from our market here, they are awesome!
Have fun tomorrow! I've been looking for a day Halloween party next week for Avery and I but no luck yet, lots of evening things!

Rachel Steck said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! I can't wait to see pics of Miss D's Halloween costume. Have a great weekend!
xoxo
Rachel

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Those candy corn cupcakes are so cute! I can't wait to see Delainey's Halloween costume!

I try to have a girls night dinner every 1-2 nights with my local friends that have kids as it's nice for us to all connect without the distraction of kids. I of course adore their kids, but i appreciate the adult-only time and I know my girlfriends do, too, so that is great that you are starting your own tradition!

Whit said...

I love our new tradition too ;)
Those cupcakes look so awesome!! you need to start showing us these pinterest recipes as you do them cause you killed it on those cupcakes.. although I do get a good laugh on the fails ;) lol Just sayin'
I love those clips, I wish Fin would let them be in her hair.. soon... at least that's my hope!

Bex said...

That's great that you and Whitney are doing monthly dinners. Definitely important to have some one on one time.