{weekend rewind}

/
10 Comments
This weekend was awesome - it helps that the weather we have been having has been amazing!!
{THURSDAY}
Cruz had her 1 year check up and the vet was SO happy with her. He said she's the fittest lab he's seen and even way deep down her ears are super clean! So thankful this new food she has been on has been such a good change for her!
As I mentioned on Thursday evening we had our yearly family photos done with the incredible Whitney.
 
As usual she was brilliant even with a tired baby, a hubby who doesn't love having his photo taken and a dog. 
Let's be honest - Cruz is a PRO and probably did better than both the baby and the hubby!
Whit posted these to facebook just hours after our shoot...
LOVE!
And you bet I was surprised (sorta - she is a machine and doesn't sleep!) to get an email at 11AM the next morning saying she was done editing them all and they were in the mail and I had a link with them ALL...SO flippin' excited!
These are a few early favorites...
{FRIDAY}
I droped in at my girlfriend Barb's to bring her a coffee and so Taylor and Delainey could meet. It was nice to see them and cuddle 7 week old Miss Taylor a little too.
After that we met up with Jolie so I could try on some more bridesmaid dresses - we checked out a different brand and they are way prettier than the first one and I found one we both love a lot. So I {think} we are set - the nice thing is there are 5 that Jolie likes so all us girls can just choose the one we like most and then they will all be the same color. :)
That evening Nana took Jeff, Jolie and us 3 to Red Lobster for dinner as it was Shrimp Fest. All you can eat shrimp - yum! It was so nice to spend time with everyone and thankfully even with a 50 minute wait when we got there at 6pm Delainey was a trooper. Thank goodness for sugar packets, straw wrappers and food!

{SATURDAY}
We had no real plans, Justin was going to work on the garage but then we decided last minute to head out to the mountains for a hike with Darren, Nicole, Sienna & Diesel.
We hiked Quaite Valley and had a hot dog roast at the top.
Cruz was so happy. Water!
And snow!
Delainey helped herself to lunch. :)
It was such a nice day. Love warm falls days.
I carried Delainey on the way up and Justin took the way down as I am prone to falling going downhill. Ha - just being honest.
Just walking and snacking!
{SUNDAY}
Justin went riding with Brian out to Canmore and had a great ride.
Delainey and I cleaned the house, prepped for the week, walked Cruz, played outside and at the park AND refused to take her morning nap AGAIN (she has been fighting naps with me since I have gone back to work and it is NO FUN. I hope we can get over this bump soon.)
Then Justin's Mom came over at 4 so Justin and I could head out for an early birthday dinner. We switched it up (gasp!) and didn't go to the watering hole but we went to The Canadian Brewhouse . We had been there when I was pregnant and they have a hilarious and huge menu. It was tasty (I had poutine! They have an entire poutine menu!) and so nice out so we sat on the patio.
That's about it!

Related Posts

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend!! Look at those leopard print leggings!! Adorable!!! Love those family pics! Can't wait to see more!!!
What food is Cruz on? Gracie gets ear infections too! She's been better wince we switched her food too, but I'd love to hear another option!
I'm looking forward to a low key weekend soon before our Reno starts!!

Murdock's mama said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your family photos {as always!}. I actually just scheduled our FIRST EVER {professional} family photos and I can't wait!!

Kaella Neithercut said...

London started fighting his morning nap about a month before I went back to work (11-12 months) so we bumped up the morning nap and he started going down at noon. It was a huge help!

It looks like you had a great weekend :)

Courtney Kassner said...

I wish I was in Canada to have Whitney take our photos! She is great! She has some great subjects though too ;) I'm in love with all of them!

Whit said...

You got a chill weekend!!!! I'm SO proud of you ;) lol No seriously looks like such an awesome weekend. I love that you dropped the work plans and went hiking! Jealous i am!! I love your Early birthday dinner was poutine on a patio!! YUM!! Pure perfection!! xox

Leigh said...

Whitney got some great shots of you guys once again! Such a cute family :) And sounds like a great weekend minus the nap boycotting by Ms.D. She's missing out ;)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Your photos are amazing! So funny I had that sweater dress as a potential for our photos, I'll take it out now! Hehe. I'm in love with polka dots for them.
I'm a klutz, and didn't attempt carrying Avery up or down on our little hike!
Avery has been fighting her pm nap for a week now, if she does go down it's for maybe 30 minutes. Grrr ;)

Gabriella said...

GORGEOUS picutes! Whitney is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see the rest. And what a fun rest of the weekend. So glad the weekend was nice, and what a beautiful hike!

Bex said...

Love the photos. Sounds like a great weekend!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

You make me want to move to Canada. It's so beautiful. I love your photos. Cruz is a TOTAL pro!